• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP: NSS Sledge Mama [NSS Sledge Mama] Into Steel (Aside): Crash Course!

Ylfa let out an explosive sigh as she sat there with him, throwing her arms up in exasperation before falling onto the pack of her Daisy.

"What a let-down." Childishly muttering under her breath, she added, "I can't even get a good reaction out of you." Her joy killed like a helpless baby in its sleep, she crossed her legs, staring up into the starry sky. Despite it being daytime, they were clear as crystal. Laing there, the woman let silence sit with the two of them for a few moments before she shooed it away. "The other option to make sure you can pull off the move depends on your wallet, and how far you're willing to go," Ylfa began. "As long as you got some flesh or your genetics are stashed, you can always just whip up another body after you're done with the service." She paused again, briefly lost in thought.

"If you go cyborg far enough, pulling gees won't bother you at all."

Richard chuckled at her response. "If you wanted a good reaction, you should've said something like you were someone who could get me new parts. I think that would've went a little differently." He leaned himself back some and put his hands out to keep himself up as he listened to the rest of what she had to say, rather amused at her much less composed expressions compared to when she's busy being in charge.

"Cybernetics huh...they look cool and have all these feature...but I don't know if I'd be able to get over not having my own hand."

"Really? New parts? What are you going to do, squeal like a little boy during Yule?" she asked, quizzically raising an eyebrow at what he said. Thinking about it over for a moment, scratching her ear with the pinky of her Daisy, Ylfa snickered, looking over at him. "A grown man acting like a kid over getting some gear from Big Red One himself. That's funny." When Richard mentioned the cybernetics however, she sat bolt upright with a grin. "Only if you're getting cheap shit like what The Corps will toss your way if you lose a limb and don't have the time to grow a new one! Lowest bidder and all that," Ylfa excitedly explained. "The better stuff, people won't even notice," the blond woman added, brushing the red dust out of her hair with armored hands.

"Since we're talking about stuff for maneuvering though, the augmentation that'll give you the biggest change would be just getting a full cyberbrain. Having your head be nothing but solid state processing and memory means no more blackouts from having too little blood rush up under your bucket, or getting an aneurysm because too much got in there," she went on, pointing a finger at her head for emphasis. "But then you still got other problems, like, your heart stopping from doing it too hard and fast, or too many times in a row. Or maybe you go hate going blind after battle because of the negative gees bleeding through the system and making your eyes pop all their little vessels anyways. So then you get more augmentations!" Ylfa excitedly explained to him, thumping a fist against her chestplate and pointing to her own eyes for emphasis.

Pausing for a moment, she scratched her head with a toothy grin, "Yeah, it's really easy to get carried away with augmentations, since they're pretty kickass, you know?"

Last edited:
Richard stretched and chuckled a little at her reaction "Well it's it the Nepleslian thing to do to get excited getting new weapons?" He listened to the rest of her explanation about cybernetics, nodding some and rubbing his chin. "You really like cybernetics huh? Though I don't think I can really afford any of the fancy stuff though, especially not brain surgery. I kind of made a bad investment and now I'm running on a grunt's pay check." He rolled his shoulders and then cracked his neck lightly. "Though I did here there were some pretty interesting ones like heat vision and x-ray vision on your eyes."

"What, no savings in your piggy bank kid?" teased him a little. "Keep pinching your pennies and you'll get there."

Hopping onto her feet, she stood, hands on her hips. "And it's not x-ray vision I got besides that - it's UV. Yamataian Thermoptic Camo doesn't do so well with that spectrum, though its visibility in that wavelength is pretty short range, hence why they didn't bother as much with it," Ylfa added. The woman then leaned in a little closer at the waist. "Also, you had better hope your hands are clean, or you can expect some trouble once this sim is over Marine," she mischievously grinned at him.

Richard stood up after her, taking note of what she said about the UV vision, one could never know when it'd be useful to know that Yamatai had created a weakness by their arrogance, so he made a mental note of the fact. The next part caught him a little off guard though but he decided to roll along with it and responded in a joking tone. "I thought every thing was supposed to be see through...can you give me like three minutes before you check Sarge?"

RPG-D RPGfix
Back