• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

NTSE Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I can tell what Frost is asking about, in which case the actual answer doesn't seem to really matter because:
  1. Being "the reviewer" means using the checklist and completing it in a timely fashion. Each NTSE mod has been trusted to carry this out in the same way, so asking for a different "reviewer" does nothing.
  2. Any community member can give feedback, and NTSE mods are still community members.
  3. Bullying sucks, but see points 1 and 2.
Basically, feedback is moderated at this point (and if the online users list is any indication, it's usually staff doing the post approvals) so let people hoop and hollar about their misconceptions if they want because the system is working.

PS: Thanks for taking on the extra moderation responsibilities, everyone. If it's sustainable and easy to do then it already seems like the moderated NTSE has generally improved the board's tone.

Also even if say a mod did bully another mod, the only people who can actually do something about it are staff and Wes. So there's no point in doing much of anything other than telling them directly when it happens and asking them to do something about it. Trying to handle it in the thread will just turn into a shouting match.

Reactions: raz
Well, after talking to Wes on Discord the other day, it seems that he can't figure out why I'm not able to approve posts. Ametheliana and I both have the same amount of clearance, though she is able to do so however. Fortunately, the posts being made in the NTSE auto-approve after a certain amount of time anyways. This means that, in general, things haven't really changed at all in the NTSE other than having a delay on all posts that aren't manually approved.

I just hope that this is all figured out soon, so we can see if the system we came up with actually works or not.

People can apparently post in submissions once they've been moved to the approved or rejected boards. Just in the spirit of the whole moderated NTSE endeavor, maybe the approved submissions board should require post approvals, too.

In addition to getting the system to work so I can moderate things, yes, I would suggest having the same controls there.

The edit feature is annoying as far as non-mods being able to edit their posts after they are approved. Why approve posts if they're just going to be edited to include the kind of commentary that escalates situations?

How about we start punishing those that modify their posts post approval to begin an escalating situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back