• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Approved Submission Nyx's actual technological parts

Charaa

Staff Member
🎨 Media Gallery
Ok, so a few days ago, I had stopped being lazy and wrote three pages i planed on using as my Nyx character's actual parts since S6 doesnt actually use Emrys stuff. I'd also would like to apologize since not all have wip, and the power cell page wasnt created by me, but i am submitting it with permission.

I followed Jack's page as example.

Last edited by a moderator:
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I edited the OP after moving some of the articles to a wip: namespace.

There are a number of formatting and grammar errors. Can you run through it and look for these things:
Use complete sentences. When you need to start a new sentence, do so.
Random capitalizations within sentences should be changed.
Spacing words appropriately is necessary.
A new section/ header requires prose after it. Linking something with no context is not adequate for a full sub-header's section.

Alright, first things first, thank you Ame for moving them to the proper namespace. Unfortunately, when I realized my mistake it was too late, and I didn’t want to screw something up so I left it as is. Secondly, I went through the pages I had created and looked through them and tried to fix the mistakes you mentioned. However, as I have started to feel, my eyes suck slightly better than those of a Bats and I hadn’t thought that it would be possible that I had missed something, but I had.

Jack mentioned that he corrected coding errors at the bottom of the page

I think I am done, but are there any more edits I need to make?

I apologize for double posting, but this thread hasn’t had a reply done to it in a while. Is there anything I need to do?

Hello! Let's see if this submission meets the requirements for inclusion in Star Army's lore...

[ ✔️ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ ✔️ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template
[ ❌ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ ✔️ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate
[ ✔️ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels
[ ✔️ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern)
[ ✔️ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ✔️ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Here's some fixes this article still needs:

After the Information sub-header and before the bullet list begins on the first two articles (not power pack), put text/prose.
Title the pages' first headers as real words, not acronyms nor the nomenclature.

Could we please merge these Nyx sub-articles for Nyx into the character article? These are not general technology articles (like "Aether Generator" or "Nuclear Weaponry" or "Combustion Engine") so they don't belong in the technology namespace and I don't think they really go in the items namespace either like they would if they were something you could carry or trade. I am trying to remove all character sub-articles from the wiki if possible by merging them into the main character articles and other types of character articles like ones for finances are also considered clutter. The rule of thumb is that stuff that only is relevant to your unique character (e.g. cybernetics) should be on the character's page.

I feel like there would be too many words and things added to the main page. I’d also would like to avoid adding too many words in case that would cause a lag or anything similar. Could I change it to Character:Nyx:parts? like I had done with her weakness page I mean?

Nah, please put it on one page. Long pages are OK (and overly short pages can hurt Star Army's search rankings). The extra wiki articles in the character namespace throw off the count of characters and appear on the list of characters, which is awkward. So this is why I prefer everything on one page for characters.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back