• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Obsolete SAoY Equipment

CadetNewb

As a side project, I've decided to start making an article to catalog Obsolete Star Army Equipment. Naturally, this is going to be a daunting task which I've only just started on, and as a result. Though I'll be soon hitting the throttle on the search engine, I'd appreciate some help!

None of you need to do much really - if any of you have the spare time, what I'd really, really appreciate would be just names of things that were once used being posted here. No link required! If the name of the weapon can't even be remembered, that's fine too! A description will be good enough for me to go off of. Just knowing that the weapon exists would help me, assuming you guys like the idea.

It'll be slow going since this isn't the highest priority thing, but there's also a secondary topic of discussion here too - there any gear that anyone feels should be phased out of the current Star Army Equipment page?

At the very least, we can talk about it I think.

I added more ships and the old WickedArms stuff from the Star Army's early days.

Has this been kept up with? Given the current position my faction is in, I could see them trying to gain access to the blueprints for many of these obsolete designs for a small price. If they really are obsolete, there must be a reason for it, which is likely nowhere near as effective as their current equipment, which means that there would be no security risk to selling the designs I would think.

Yes, I think this page is in good shape. Any obsolete gear the Star Army is willing to sell is listed on the Star Army Surplus Store page.

I am considering automating these pages - Star Army Logistics has a schema that says either a piece of Star Army equipment is in use or retired and even has a surplus field. By pulling that database, the products database with prices, and filtering by surplus status, we should be able to make a list that updates whenever old stuff is added to surplus. But first I'd have to make wiki pages for any items that don't have pages or they won't be on that list. We can also make an automated list of obsolete Star Army items as well.

Any suggestions for any Star Army equipment that should be marked obsolete?

RPG-D RPGfix
Back