• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

OOC Occupation of Essia

Soban

Convention Veteran
Ok, So lets get this on the road.

Plot Page

I've already decided on a Big Picture; "Kuvexians invade Essia". And two bookends. The start is "Kuvexians Arrive at Essia [Dark]". The end is "Kuvexians Hold Essia [Dark]". The end might need a better description. It's important to note that for our purposes, we are ending once the Kuvexians have solidified their hold on Essia, but not the occupation its self.

We need to start with Palette creation. We already know the Genre is SARP, so this is for stuff that we might not expect to be a part of the setting. I'll go ahead and propose the first thing.

Palette Include: Non-Kuvexian and Non-Yamatai Aliens.

In essence, one of the things that I think would be interesting would be neutral aliens who get caught up in the events.

@club24 @Noodlewerfer @Whitehart

Ok, so it's not going as smoothly as planned so far. However, with @jjans002 and @Ethereal perhaps pitching in, I think we might be able to figure things out. I'm expecting that the OOC thread is going to be the most important thread as it is where we are figuring out what belongs in the timeline. I also was looking things over, so right now I'd like each of you to contribute two things.

First, an event that happens. Ex. 'Kuvexians destroy a civilian space station on the way into the system'. You can choose where the event goes in the sequence.
Second, a scene. The scene does not have to be for the event that you suggested. Here are the events that we already have happening. Note which event it goes with and where it goes in the sequence.

* Kuvexians destroy a civilian space station on the way into the system.
* Seventh Fleet is Mobilized to repel the invaders.
* Seventh Fleet is ambushed in the Essia system.
* Surender of Essia.

1. Kuvexians destroy a civilian space station on the way into the system.
  2. Seventh Fleet is Mobilized to repel the invaders.
  3. Seventh Fleet is ambushed in the Essia system.
  4. Leader of the resistance is captured
    1. Kuvexian troops land and march through the streets, causing panic and concern among the natives.
  5. Surender of Essia.

Last edited:
hmm, this was hard. Let me know if this is ok.

Event: Leader of the resistance is captured
Scene: Kuvexian troops land and march through the streets, causing panic and concern among the natives.

I'm assuming the scene is for the event you made. Also, I'm assuming that we are going to fit it right before the surrender of Essia. I'm updating the list and the instructions. I should have been more clear. However, in terms of what I wanted from you, it's Perfect!

I guess it could be, but i was more thinking a little more about the begining of the occupation for the scene. Sorta like when the first soldiers touch down and start setting up the occupation, before a resistance is formed.

If it's before the resistance is formed, how are they a resistance leader? Or are you thinking more of a potential resistance leader?

I might be misunderstanding. The event is still the resistance leader is captured. But you said the scene does not need to be connected to the event, so I also wanted to make a scene at the beginning, basically showing the kuvexians touching down, and it would involve the natives panicking.

Im assuming that during the occupation but before surrendering the kuvexians will land troops to enforce order?

Well, right now we are just covering the first part of the occupation. The 'Battle of Paris' type timeframe to use a WWII example. So like capturing an established resistance leader is going to happen, just not yet.

I'm a little confused but I'll try.

Event: Seventh Fleet is contacted when the destroyed space station is noticed. (Between 1 and 2)
Scene (Goes with event): Seventh Fleet received a bone chilling report- a civilian space station was left in a mangled wreckage, all for an unknown reason.

No worries, we are all trying to get a feel for this.

I feel like the seventh fleet getting contacted is like one scene, probably during the mobilization event. An event is something with several scenes that are a part of it or something that can be worked from several different perspectives. I probably need a better name. I've added it to our plot page.

Hey everyone, let's see how this goes;

Event: Shortly upon arrival on Essia, the Kuvexians set a meeting with current Conclave members. While weary of the motives the Conclave concedes.

Scene: An initial protest turns ugly as the freshly landed and occupying Kuvexians seek to stamp out any dissention early on.

Looks good, both of them are scenes and I've added them to the surrender of Essia, although I think I might need to rename my events to something else, like a arc perhaps? IDK.

Ok, so part of me wants to go ahead an do a scene so we can get into that part, but another part of me wants to ask for another round of people picking scenes. I've added a couple of scenes I think would be interesting as well.

Our current resovour of scenes is

• [* ]A flight from Essia: A YSS ship is given a mission to ensure that certain important people are not captured.
  • Seventh Fleet is contacted when the destroyed space station is noticed.
  • Kuvexian troops land.
  • Shortly upon arrival on Essia, the Kuvexians set a meeting with current Conclave members. While wary of the motives the Conclave concedes.
  • An initial protest turns ugly as the freshly landed and occupying Kuvexians seek to stamp out any distinction early on.

We can do a round or two of expanding the resovour or pick one and go for it. What do you think?

Ok, so lets start getting some stuff done. Lets go for the whole, "Kuvexian troops land and march through the streets, causing panic and concern among the natives." I think the best perspective might be from those on the ground, the civilians and such who are going to make up the resistance. I think that their looking for a Neko who happened to be visiting the city and in essence, they hide the Neko from the troops. We'll probably also need to name the city.

appologies for not appearing to be too involved with this Soban, as I mentioned to you already I have a bit of pesky school and course work bugging me but I am definitely interested in joining in on this, i can't offer a scene or sequence for now but i'm still interested in getting involved.

No worries, right now I need thoughts on the scene, how it should go/start and what characters are going to be in it. If some of the other things I'm working on go well, I might be deciding just to keep following this one resistance cell like I originally thought.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back