• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Submission OH-K1 Bulldog Main Battle Tank

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Awesome! I love that more tanks are coming into circulation! Thank you for making this much-needed vehicle!

If it were nine meters at its longest, not eight, it would fit more securely in Tier 8. Tier 8's size range is 9-21 meters.

[Edit: Don't worry about this one! Ofc they need FM they operate out of Yamatai. Thank you for clarifying, Alex.]
I don't see in-article how this relates to Yamatai. They can buy it, ofc, because "buyers" within organization is

Explosive Reactive Armor don't need to be capitalized. Do they come standard? This is term is used by NAM a lot. SAoY equipment uses the term "reactive ablative armor". Perhaps OHI can have its own term? What is more, NAM articles that use the term explain what those modules of explosive reactive armor is shaped, etc. That may help future understanding of the armor's modularity. Also, some tanks have a different size listed because of applied armor such as this.

Can you please explain why some of the weaponry do not have their own articles? Specifically the pulse lasers, turret mounted autocannon, and the turreted 110mm gauss cannon. I double checked and vehicle template calls for links to articles, just like the starship template does.

A small fusion reactor does not seem like enough to propel the entirety of the tank.

I have never heard of a tank that can hold 8 passengers on top of crew, even with nothing in cargo.

The 110mm gauss cannon is going to need to have one DR tier.

Edit: I pressed enter accidentally, but I guess this is more than enough. Thanks for submitting!!

Last edited:
Considering modern day tanks have beefed up tractor engines, id say a fusion reactor, which has many much power should be ok for a tank

I am basing this off of other tanks in the setting. For the Maximus, I believe, the fusion reactor powers the diesel engine, which is the form of propulsion. The fusion reactor also powers the Maximus' shields, life support, etc.

Wait, why does a power source power a power source...

Off topic for a sec but that makes no sense at all, a Diesel engine is a combustion engine and runs off diesel so the fusion reactor would be doing nothing.

Not to mention we have fusion reactors powering entire suburbs irl so I doubt a tank would compare to that even with a huge energy cannon attached.

The Maximus might need to be re reviewed though...

It is a not so recent trend in the military R&D sphere to have batteries and diesel. Its mostly a maritime thing but has crossed over in some cases for armor (Not that ive seen many in theater personally. And never tanks, Just saying. The germans have a leopard concept tank on the platform tho, Dunno if they ever did trials tho.)

The diesel charges a battery bank of considerable size and power, Not unlike a submarine does, While also offering additional power when it needs to be drawn upon for when the batteries just arent enough.

This, In turn, Gives you more range to operate considering your main powerplant (Diesel) isnt being drawn upon until you need it. And you can just use battery power for things such as driving, Or passively holding territory without starting up the diesel. Its also quieter.
I believe, the fusion reactor powers the diesel engine, which is the form of propulsion. The fusion reactor also powers the Maximus' shields, life support, etc.

The Maximus is a diesel tank. Its also made to be able to be fueled by other such things like alcohol, Oils, Prob some Vaseline mixed with water and maple syrup and stuff too im sure. It was offset as well with the added reactor to Enhance its capabilities. It can power the tank at the same time as the subsystems if it runs dry, Or outright add to its HP at the same time as the combusting diesel to save fuel and add performance.

(I was in the area and poked my head in, Sorry if im contributing to derailing this submission.)

I think what we should do now is wait for the submitter. Tagging @Alex Hart so he sees this. Thanks, again, for creating this article!

"However, the Hydra is not a traditional MBT and would suffer if used in the role of an MBT because of design differences." this seems irrelevant to point out.

It is a not so recent trend in the military R&D sphere to have batteries and diesel. Its mostly a maritime thing but has crossed over in some cases for armor (Not that ive seen many in theater personally. And never tanks, Just saying. The germans have a leopard concept tank on the platform tho, Dunno if they ever did trials tho.)

The diesel charges a battery bank of considerable size and power, Not unlike a submarine does, While also offering additional power when it needs to be drawn upon for when the batteries just arent enough.

This, In turn, Gives you more range to operate considering your main powerplant (Diesel) isnt being drawn upon until you need it. And you can just use battery power for things such as driving, Or passively holding territory without starting up the diesel. Its also quieter.

The Maximus is a diesel tank. Its also made to be able to be fueled by other such things like alcohol, Oils, Prob some Vaseline mixed with water and maple syrup and stuff too im sure. It was offset as well with the added reactor to Enhance its capabilities. It can power the tank at the same time as the subsystems if it runs dry, Or outright add to its HP at the same time as the combusting diesel to save fuel and add performance.

(I was in the area and poked my head in, Sorry if im contributing to derailing this submission.)
Char is correct - the Maximus itself runs on fossil fuels and various other resources because it doesn't need more than the diesel to propel it. The fusion is meant to supplement. In particular, the reason for this design is probably to account for the reality that the Maximus will get hit at some point. Engine knockouts are extremely common in tank battles so having the reactor means that if the Maximus loses its engine, it's not dead immediately - rather it can draw on its stored power for emergency situations and give it a fighting chance. That and the fact that using the fusion PURELY for the shielding and such means that if the shields go out then the engine doesn't stop when it tries to recharge it with full power.

Splitting the engine load is a feature-smart idea due to power-draws, emergencies and batteries providing tons of utility for a multi-engine craft. Just saying tho - not here to push or anything. I honestly don't even know what this thread is about apart from being a tank submission.

The reason it is tier 8 is because of its tonnage. The Bulldog weighs 18 tons more than the Cyclops, another tier 8 craft. As for the weapon articles, the main weapon has no article because it is unique to this craft.

This proved acceptable to reviewers in the past, such as with the Cyclops' main weapon, which was adapted here but has different stats (and the weapon used is similar only in fluff) and the built in autocannons mounted on the Minotaur, which was approved by you.

If you'd like, I can create subsections for any nonstandard weapons used like I did with the Minotaur's article

If it was one meter more, it would actually fit into its tier by the standards set up for tiers. Tonnage isn't a standard for DR v3 so size is what I am requesting gets changed. Is there not a reason to change it?

Linking to older articles, especially ones you made, is not convincing me to change my review's requested changes. Weapons need sub-articles.

My review's requested changes are unchanged.

Double post: I will accept this at tier 8 and 8 meters.

FM approved.

But my main question is who's going to buy a Yamataian tank besides a few rich survivalists? The Reds?

@Wes

Sorry to draw you back, but Jack brought up a valid point that so far neither Alex, nor Ame have addressed

"However, the Hydra is not a traditional MBT and would suffer if used in the role of an MBT because of design differences." this seems irrelevant to point out.

Obviously it's not vital words for the article itself, but a concern was raised by a fellow creator and has been ignored.

It's not a tank designed solely for Yamatai. Like Origin's old MBT, it can be redesigned with SAoY equipment and sold to them or sold to them as is, but part of the market is in PMCs, security firms, small planetary governments, or other people who need a tank but can't afford to invest in developing one indigenously.

About that part Skully, it has been changed several times, but I can either include it or omit the section about Rivals entirely, as in the template it says this under the rivals section. "(Does the vehicle have a rival? If so, describe what advantages it may have over this vehicle, this can either be given its own section, or be merged into the history, this is up to the designer.)"

seriously, it has my username right next to the post, but thats beside the point.

honestly i have avoided the rival section as it doesnt make much practical sense to me, however in this situation its not my article, and i believe jack is more concerned with the fact that your article is making a statement about one of his articles. i think there's nothing wrong with keeping the majority of the rival section and just taking out that final line.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back