• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

OOC OIF Reaper - High Risk salvage and repair

Kai

Retired Staff
Sometimes, starships get stuck, equipment breaks, or bad things happen when it's least expected. In order to return these things to their former status, Origin Industries is there to retrieve, repair, or salvage just about anything. However, at a certain point, things become too dangerous for just a normal repair man. That's where the OIF Reaper comes into play. The OIF Reaper is a Courier 2C Collector that has the job of going places others won't in order to get the job done. Whether it's an asteroid belt, a Pirate's den, or from the frontlines of a warzone, the OIF Reaper's job is to retrieve damaged starships and equipment, make repairs, and return it to its rightful owner- at any cost. on board, a crack team of engineers, mechanics, and security forces work together to do these jobs in some of the riskiest situations in the Kikyo sector, ensuring the highest level of service possible is rendered to anyone who calls- if they have the coin, anyway.

I'm currently looking for at least three players, no more than six; I need one to two of each: Engineer, Mechanic, and Security members. All will be Origin employees and enjoy all the benefits that one of the largest civilian organizations has to offer, so long as they're willing to put their lives on the line to get the job done, no matter what.

can i be one of dem repair lads, not sure which occupation i'd like just yet but ill probs chat to you in discord

Totally. As for the difference between an Engineer and a Mechanic- a mechanic is skilled at fixing or replacing existing systems back to their original specifications, while an Engineer will use what's available to create solutions to solving immediate problems.

Naturally. Origin has access to and use of ST technology as well as brain spiders so they can re-create your sorry booty if you get squished by an asteroid but it might take a while since they have to get back to home base first.

There's a big battle happening right now in the Eucharis plot near Hanako's World, which the Star Army may need help from a Yamataian corp such as Origin to help clean up after in a speedy manner.

Okay so it looks like I've got @club24 and @SirSkully , I need at minimum one more player, looking for an engineer character, and then I can start the plot. Once we've started, I can probably take on a couple more players, but, before I start I just need the three. Oh, and if you guys could post links to potential characters in this thread? That'd be great.

I only started making my character tonight but it is very close to being done, sorry

also oof the character is still just a word document

As a general note, anyone who wants to hop in a plot but doesn't have a character, and isn't sure what character to use, I have some excess adoptable characters (with art!) that I can provide you with. These are partially finished characters waiting to be customized and claimed. Talk to me on Discord for details.

Awesomesauce! that's mah 3 players. Now onto the next step.... @Wes , what's the current method/policy for making a new plot thread? Linking a rules page would help if nothing else. I'm still trying to get fully back into the SARP groove.

@Kai the couple of plots I've started up recently was just a case of, write a plot page, do interest check, begin. With my nepleslian one i am communicating to legix about it for cultural consistency and such so i guess you can talk to wes about any battle sites to go salvage and such

New RP threads go in either Open RP (anyone can join) or in their faction forum (treated as a normal RP). Once they complete 1-2 RP threads, they qualify for a subforum and that can be set up.

Okay, so, I don't want this in open RP as it's not an Open RP, but, there's no longer an Origin forum for me to put it in...

You can put it in open RP, that's where plots go before they get their own subforum :) there are other plots in there with exclusive access - as GM you should be able to kick out anyone who joins or whatever anyways~

Okay so basically I'm an idiot and somehow forgot that Ethereal posted, so, I'll be throwing a post at you guys soon.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back