• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Ok So I was wondering...

Yoshiro Tanaka

Now it says in the wiki

"We don't know how far away from Earth we are, or how long ago humans first left Earth. Incalculable knowledge has been lost to war, plagues, and alien occupations, and now Earth is merely an ancient legend. But humanity survives in the form of its distant colony worlds. Technology is advanced but stagnant, and includes anti-gravity fields, energy weapons, faster-than-light drives, brain-uploading, and generators that can draw practically unlimited energy from the “aether.”

Sorry about the long post ahead but I was wondering what would happen if there was evidence found by any of the human factions about Earth and where it was we originated. What would be said, asked, debated, etc. This is merely a hypothetical thing I was merely curious about and was just meant to foster a discussion on what would happen if there was evidence found, say by a scientist that was working for Yamatai or something. How would we treat said person?

Would it be like the Voth in Star Trek:Voyager, where the person that found the information was forced to tow the party line that said that we existed as a seperate entity or would the information be revealed to the public, come what may?

What would be the political and social ramifacations of such a reveal? What would the leaders of the various human factions think if that would happen? Sorry for the possible TL : DR but it was a question that had been nagging me since I read that small paragraph. I apologize for this if I ruffle any feathers andd hope that you all will indulge me in a bit of hypothesis

I think it would be kind of like adding any other new major faction in most ways, but it also would mean that we'd have to have a solid history written from the SARP colonists' departure to the present day.

We actually did get wind of an alternate-universe Earth once before (e.g. the Earth from the Nerimians' universe).

One thing that's unclear is whether the Star Army universe has its own Earth, or whether we just emerged from some other universe that had one and colonized this universe.

I just became a huge fan of the concept of the Star Army universe lacking its own Earth, and that the 'humans' present were pulled from another universe. I am especially fond of it because there is nothing to indicate for just how long humans were being pulled from the other universe, or for how long they may have been crossing over voluntarily even. There is also the notion that multiple Earths could be responsible for the human population in the SARP universe.

Also, in b4 90's sci-fi.

aletusnerd.files.wordpress.com_2015_04_sliders2.jpg

"The Hunt For Earth" might be a fun plot :)
I could see some Mulder types (right back at you with your 80-90s scifi) getting funding to look for it or something. They wouldn't actually have to find it, but it would be hella fun to watch everyone look at them like they are nuts while they try to explain to everyone they meet they are looking for a planet that probably doesn't exist. It would be like a bunch of guys on a fishing boat going from town to town in the Mediterranean asking about Atlantis lol.

Doctor Thaddeus Hemlock has a interesting idea there. A plot where a crew sets out on a near-impossible goal, accomplishing various epic deeds and misadventures while searching for that goal, but never finding it.

Raiding museums to look for the smallest clue, infiltrating secret records, performing various misdeeds in return for the slightest lead... searching endlessly, and possibly fruitlessly, but never giving in to the common frame of thought that it can not be done.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back