• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

OOC [OOC] The Multiverse - Freeform RP Discussion

Yeah, magic's allowed in this forum.

I figured the stuff that happened in here was so bizarre that we could just be ridiculous about it.

Shoot a character in the head, he's dead that scene.

Next thread? Here he comes again!

Tom said:
I figured the stuff that happened in here was so bizarre that we could just be ridiculous about it.

Shoot a character in the head, he's dead that scene.

Next thread? Here he comes again!

The magic of an Emyris Regenerator and an ST backup.

Well ... perhaps. It depends just how crazy you want the RP. Perhaps we should colour code the Threads:

RED: Violent thread - Matrix laws allowed.
GREEN: Anything goes, but follows laws of roleplay.
STRANGE SHADE OF PURPLE: Chaos rules.

There should also be some stipulation for more private interactions in RP - so that if there's only a small interaction between a small group of people, you can't have just anyone pop in. (These would be omake RPs, 'what if's, etc.)

Also, perhaps we should have a moderator or two for this forum? I think myself, Zakalwe, and Fian would make good choices.

Wes said:
Basically, Nepleslia should be:
  • Fianedit: etc
  • Should eventually expand their empire to larger than Yamatai (whereas Yamatai will shrink)
  • Fianedit: etc

Nepleslia now controls 60% of known space, the once dominant Yamataians will do anything to get that lead back.

Gentlemen, this is YE60: Armageddon.

Go to bed early ONE night, and I come back to find 24 new replies. Yeesh.

The_Wolfman said:
Just to throw my two cents out there, not that it matters, but wasn't there already someone in charge of the Collosseum that was overseeing it before it died...Oh wait, that was ME! =)

I wouldn't know- I only got the idea from skimming the thread I linked in the first post, and nothing about any one person being in charge was said in there. If you want to run the show, be my guest. I don't have any personal experience with fighting in this setting (and know a whole two power armors and one firearm, maybe), so I'm not exactly an expert on this stuff. I mostly just wanted to throw out the idea of resurrecting it.

It looks like the interest falls into several different categories-
-'Serious' hard-rules fights
-'Anything goes' no-holds-barred fights
-1 vs. 1
-Team battles
-Free-for-alls
-Themed team battles (all people from one country vs. people of another, PAs from one manufacturer vs. PAs from another, etc.)

What I was also considering was varying the circumstances. Throw out some interesting settings (power armor fights in crowded urban areas, anyone?), maybe make some people fight their best friends just to see what sort of RP happens in the battle, that sorta thing.

So, the following things need to happen before matches can start:
1. The manner for choosing who fights whom needs to be decided.
2. The rules for the more serious matches need to be decided.
3. If there's going to be any sort of common RP reason behind the matches, we need to agree on that. I was considering the good ol' comic 'supreme cosmic being who forces mortals to fight for its amusement' plot device. Or, we could just let the people in each match choose the reasons for their conflict.
4. And, finally, figuring out just which poor souls are in charge of this thing, if any. I think most of this can really just be decided by consensus rather than having any one person or people holding the power... but maybe I'm alone there.

True, this is an OOC cluster fuck RP where people can relive stress by acting like utter goobers and having Fun.

I think I might partake, just to keep myself sane. ^_^

Aside from that. The Battle arena still hasn't been finalized in any way shape or form. There are still no rules and no opening roster.

Each thread creator should specify what he's looking for in the opening post of his RP thread - if someone wanted a medieval RP, then that should be respected (no bringing NSPs--although you could always bring a medieval verson of your character).

Sounds like a good policy. Although I still think there should be a mod or two to make sure that the policies are respected.

Are we aloud to use things that have not been approved in SARP as long as they are not mega power full? take for example my new unaproved gun the MB Multi-Purpose Rifle? lol plzz plzz plzz... *beggs* lol

I think you're allowed to use whatever the hell you can get your hands on, approved, unapproved, non-existent or anything else.

Basically, all weaponry has to go throgh the tech approval process since it's one of the most abused areas of submissions.

I know but this is like the crazy, chaotic, testing thread... why not see how some of the items would work in an rp environment before they are approved .. Perhaps it could also bring inspiration to upgrade new items? Make them better or worse depending on how they worked in an rp?

That idea, while it sounds good, is discouraged because this is all non-canon -- anything you do here doesn't really count anywhere else. The point of this place is to kind of, well, do all the shit you CAN'T do in the SARP.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back