• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

OOC [OOC] - ISC Phoenix II Chatter

Ohhh yes. When I'm not visiting relatives, I'm on vacation until after the 1st of the year.

Just got back the first draft of a Shayla pic. Should have the finished product to post in a few days!

Reactions: Wes
Just got back the first draft of a Shayla pic. Should have the finished product to post in a few days!
Really? Nice!

Speaking of, I should use the soft downtime we've got going on right now to prepare maps for the upcoming mission!

PS: I'll be writing a post tomorrow.

Hmm... I was expecting a shift-type dress with tiger stripe and some more muscle definition - but it looks good so far!

My friend did it, the same one who did the art for my other characters. He definitely has a more cartoony anime style. I actually had him add a bit more thickness to the arms and legs, but that's definitely a bit outside of his style. I like the Ryoko/Lum look she has, though! Oh, I actually did give him Ronnie Bell from Suikoden as an influence (obvious in the name) so the orange dress idea isn't too far off.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CutePortraits

I've mentioned this before when he did the other pictures, but I could probably get him to do a pic or two for some of you guys for pretty reasonable prices. He's actually pretty familiar with SA uniforms and Neko and stuff now, after all of these.

Vita is now learning about the birds and the bees from Allison. or not. I'm guessing she's learning more about snakes than birds. . .

Some Christmas pictures I drew on Thursday!

Attachments

• 1418946959816-0.webp
    56.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 1418946959816-1.webp
    62.9 KB · Views: 13
If anybody wants me to go back and edit in a specific gift for their character, feel free to ping me and tell me so.

A draft of the Map I'm working on. More detail, items and enemies (I'm not putting them on because it's spoilers!) and people will be added as I figure out where everyone is one they post.

In this format, is it clear what's what is supposed to be?

I've finished the map, and I've got everyone I can think of down. I'll write a post and put the map up tomorrow.

Now including Tamamo, Aiesu and Red.

Also includes a handy guide to what the enemy symbols mean. Red outline = enemy. Blue outline = Friendly. Green outline = Civvy/Non-combat

Aaah! Luca you're too kind, these are amazing! Can't wait to see them put into use.

Coincidently, Eistheid produced this. A good first look at Rebeka. Nowhere near this cheery but the overall look is getting there. I'm actually in photoshop messing about with color schemes and shapes in a composite to nail what I think Rebeka's down (writing about someone for years without ever drawing them makes reaching your own expectations hard) so I can do an illustration myself once I know what she looks like.

Seriously though go look at Eistheid's art. Tamamo is love. Tamamo is life.
I want to ta ta Tamamo's momos.

Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…