• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

OOC [OOC] Yugumo Discussion

Andrew

SARPiverse Culture Dreamer
Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
FM of Tsenlan
🌸 FM of Yamatai
Submissions Reviewer
🎖️ Game Master
<center>
1131769923928.gif

5th Expeditionary Fleet Logo
The YSS- Yūgumo 夕雲 NJ-X5-01</center>

Table Of Content

1. Namesake: YSS-Yūgumo
  2. The Ship
  3. The Crew
  4. Initial Plot Arc
  5. Missions
  6. Playing on the Ship

Namesake: YSS- Yūgumo 夕雲

Yūgumo 夕雲 means ‘Evening Cloud', like most vessels of the Takumi Class, it is named after natural phenomenon. The vessel's name was chosen by Koyanagi Mayumi Chujo in YE 29.

The Ship

The YSS- Yūgumo is the second Takumi Class Expeditionary Command Cruiser built by Ketsurui Fleet Yards in YE-29. Its construction was delayed when production was shifted from Taiie no Iori, when the base was destroyed, to Ketsurui Fleet Yards at Yamatai.

The ship bears the registration of NJ-X5-01, meaning it is the first cruiser of the 5th Expeditionary Fleet of the Star Army.

The Crew

The ship's roster can be found here.

How it began...

Chujo Koyanagi Mayumi has served the Star Army of Yamatai honorably for many years. She was promoted upon return to Yamatai to the rank of Taisho, and charged with the command of putting the 5th Expeditionary Fleet of the Star Army of Yamatai back together.

Following the conclusion of the ceremony commemorating the life of her former friend and commanding officer; Taisho Motoyoshi Katsuko, Mayumi has taken on a new task; the difficult supervision of the construction of the Takumi Class Expeditionary Command Cruiser. Under the direction of SARA a project is developed which will take one of these new vessels, the YSS-Yūgumo, on a mission built around the basis that this new cruiser was designed to conduct long-ranged missions. The mission is to explore a region of space nearly 100 LY from Yamatai.

As leader of this renewed Expeditionary Fleet, Mayumi selected Motoyoshi Kiyoko Shosa, the daughter of the infamous late Taisho Motoyoshi, who has returned to Yamatai along with other crew members from the 5th Expeditionary Fleet to undergo an intense training program to command the YSS-Yūgumo on its epic journey.

The adventure will begin on Yamatai, prior to the completion of the new ship's construction. A reunion of some former 5th Expeditionary Fleet personnel and some new faces will begin as the new crew is brought together.

Missions

Completed Missions
[Intermission] A Well Deserved Break...

Current Mission
[Intermission] Touring The New Ship

Up Next
[Mission 01] To be announced

Playing on the YSS-Yūgumo

This plotship is a social plot focusing on an exploration mission far beyond the current sphere of the empire's influence. Out nearly a hundred light-years from home a crew sets out to discover new worlds, new cultures, phenomenon and each other.

The play is primarily SP, with the occasional JP when players are available. One of the goals of the GM's is to create an atmosphere capable of catering to a variety of schedules. With the focus being on the social events and character development, if you miss a JP or the occasional opportunity to SP it is easy to get reintegrated. We understand everyone has a life, however keep in mind, while we do try to give people the opportunity to post we will post around those who go absent. If you get behind or are going to be out, give one of the GM's a heads up and we will accommodate you.

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1131769923928.gif

5th Expeditionary Fleet Command: Classified Document
Akina no Iori, Taiie System
Offices of the Taisho Koyanagi Mayumi

Project Yūgumo

Primary Goals:

• To establish colonies outside of the current operational sphere of the empire, and at the same time hopefully keeping their locations unknown to the Sfrarable Mishhuvurthyar Nougpift, and to further accommodate the Empire's growing civilian population.
  • To locate sources of resources needed by the Empire, and establish protected routes to ensure those resources are able to reach allied ports during the current conditions of the war.
  • To establish contact with new races that could become contributing allies, or future members of the empire.
  • To expand the empire's territory away from the frontlines.

Target Region:

North-east Frontier (60-100 LY from Yamatai)

Operational Phases

Phase 1: Exploration & Initial Colonization Effort

Phase 2: Establishment of Resource Lines

Phase 3: Further Colonization Efforts.

<center>Personnel Roster YSS Yugumo</center>

<center>Commanding Officers</center>
chui_x5_tiny.gif

Haruhi, Chui (Bio) (Orders)
First Officer / Acting Commanding Officer (GM)
Player: David [Itkatsu Kiyoko] YIM: itkatsu_kiyoko

taii_x5_tiny.gif

Caine Ionoche, Taii (Bio) (Orders)
Executive Officer (GM)
Player: Tyler [Tyler] YIM: hiro_seishin

<center>Officers</center>
chui_x5_tiny.gif

Camellia Sarri, Chui (Bio) (Orders)
Tactical/Intelligence Officer
Player: Chris [Cora] YIM: cora_meliamne

chui_x5_tiny.gif

Murasaki Aoiko, Chui (Bio) (Orders)
Intelligence Officer
Player: Leigh [Lin] YIM: lindhrive

<center>Warrant Officers</center>
santo_juni_x5_tiny.gif

Kurimatsu Reina, Santo Juni (Bio) (Orders)
Executive Chef
Player: Tyler [Tyler] YIM: hiro_seishin

<center>Enlisted</center>
itto_heisho_x5_tiny.gif

Louis Draco, Itto Heisho (Bio) (Orders)
Technical Sentry
Player: Fenix [Fenix Harth] YIM: fenixdifranza

<center>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------</center>
<center>Former Crew Members</center>

shosa_x5_tiny.gif

Motoyoshi Kiyoko, Shosa (Bio) (Orders)

santo_hei_x5_tiny.gif

Akamaru Datenshi, Santo Hei (Bio) (Orders)
Combat Arms/Armourer
Player: Tiffany [JoMidori] YIM: harrikke

santo_hei_x5_tiny.gif

Dom Ashtree, Santo Hei (Bio) (Orders)
Medical Officer
Player: Allen [KafkaOnTheShore] YIM: YggdrasilPirates

chui_x5_tiny.gif

Creighton Marks, Chui (Bio) (Orders)
Starship Operator/Pilot
Player: Drew [Magnus] YIM: magnus_the_traitor
Notes: Transfered to Bravo Shift.

midshipman_x5_tiny.gif

Roger Kard, Cadet (Bio) (Orders)
Chief Engineer
Player: Jon [Kett] YIM: kettsune

midshipman_x5_tiny.gif

Kimura Jatsu, Cadet (Bio) (Orders)
Communications Officer
Player: Josh [Jatsu] YIM: jatsusama

The above is to be edited extensively.

Thread for OOC Discussion

Those listed in its description. Go check out the Yugumo's description in the wiki.

Assert yourself and arise to the situation, Ichiro! Someone gave you a chance. Now, go show some autonomy and inform thyself.

Thanks Kotori :)

Just wanted to mention.

Wedensdays I have class 8am-3pm EST and then 5pm-9pm EST. So my posting may not be as quick Wedensdays.

Added a full copy of my schedule to my GM Info

Rune said:
Urameshi Tesuro-Santo Hei, Kiyoe Kanai-Santo Hei, Kobayashi Ichiro Itto Heisho...

Quick note: While both Kanai and Kiyoe can be girls' personal names, in her case, it's Kanai for surname, Kiyoe for personal.

I actually just realized they could both be personal names, or I probably would have gone with a different surname to make it clearer. Eh-heh.

Ichigawa Ritsuko. Even Google has nothing on this enigma, yet she seems to be on a familiar level with the leading pair. A little bit of basic info would be nice (I couldn't even figure out what race I should describe her as, hence my having to use 'Shoi').

Added to the Wiki for the Yugumo! :)

Yugumo players!

Our ship needs a motto. If anyone has an ideas post them in reply to this. I will then pick what I consider to be the top three. I will then put up a poll to decide which motto to use.

The Fifth Expeditionary Fleet motto is: "Seeding the Futureâ€

From Thursday thru Monday I am off work. So I will be around fairly constantly. If you guys want to we could try and get in a JP.

Give me a shout and post your schedules! :)

A JP'd be great. I'm available (times in Eastern)-
Thursday- all day
Friday- noon-4 PM, 11 PM - 4 AM
Saturday and Sunday- 11 PM - 4 AM
Monday- 11 AM - 3 PM, 11 PM - 4 AM

Sounds good here.

From Thursday to Saturday I work 12:30PM to 9:00PM. So I figure between 9:30 and 10PM I'll be online.

I find out my schedule tomorrow for next week. I figure it will be the same however.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back