• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Implemented Open a Weapons Limitations Help Desk

Andrew

SARPiverse Culture Dreamer
Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
FM of Tsenlan
🌸 FM of Yamatai
Submissions Reviewer
🎖️ Game Master
The Weapons Limitations can be difficult for some new creators to understand, I propose we make a help desk much like the help desk for nomenclature to help creators with these calculations.

(I know there are some calculators out there that have been made by people who no longer SARP but I don't think any of them have been actually approved by the staff.)

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
This would be a thread? If so, it should be easy to implement, perhaps even get sticked at the top of one of the setting development forums.

Yes it would be a thread just like the nomenclature help desk.

(I know there are some calculators out there that have been made by people who no longer SARP but I don't think any of them have been actually approved by the staff.)
I mean, it doesn't matter whether or not the calculators are approved by the staff, they do the math right.

Would this be used? No one seems to be using my nomenclature thread.

Also I think we should remove the weapons limitations rule entirely.

Would this be used? No one seems to be using my nomenclature thread.

Also I think we should remove the weapons limitations rule entirely.
Good question,

Similar to my opinions on DR; the weapons limitations are part of that same animal. I agree Wes.

If we do make this a thread, can we place it and the nomenclature one as stickies in the submission forum? It'd be nice to keep it all in one place.

I'm also increasingly in the camp of 'we can do away with weapon limitations and weapon DRs and just say what size thing they're made for' camp and let GMs/players figure out the rest.

Maybe instead of a bunch of "help desk" threads/stickies, there could simply be a paragraph in the current NTSE rules & guidelines thread (plus relevant submissions articles on the wiki) explaining all of the things that a submitter can ask the review team or appropriate staffers to address or assist with.

Sorry to double post but Weapon Limitations are actually irrelevant. Not only were they never approved, they were flatly rejected.

Sorry to double post but Weapon Limitations are actually irrelevant. Not only were they never approved, they were flatly rejected.
I wonder how it ended up put into use when it was rejected! wow.

Apparently it was approved in a roundabout way outside of the submission board and had a few updates that may or may not have been edited in despite rejection. But for now, since the article is a different question altogether from this thread's idea/suggestion, I've made a new thread regarding scrapping Weapon Limitations altogether.

T
Sorry to double post but Weapon Limitations are actually irrelevant. Not only were they never approved, they were flatly rejected
The only thing rejected in that thread was an update that was supposed to keep people from just strapping more guns to a ship via launchable weapon containers and stage like, IIRC.

Since the community voted to keep using the weapon limitations, I have finally voted on this and support it. If we're going to use it, might as well help people!

It looks like this suggestion has support! Go ahead and implement it!

RPG-D RPGfix
Back