• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kaiko Park, Kyoto, Yamatai
YE 45.2.4 (Love Day)

Kanzaki Akahana - @Immortal Cyan
Shinomori Matsuvo - @Alex Hart

Continued from: https://stararmy.com/roleplay-forum/threads/open-rp-love-day-ye-45.70139/#post-436542

Nothing could have prepared her to see those words engraved on a ring.

Akahana's jaw immediately went slack, her eyes lighting up with astonishment as she looked upon the ring, disbelief seemingly apparent on her alabaster features.

The YSS Kaiyō.

"No way!" Akahana exclaimed. "You must have done so, so much, then!" She added. "How did you get an assignment to the Kaiyō? There must have been like multiple rounds of interview, a bunch of assessments, and probably a whole bunch of advanced certifications you had to get too, right?!" She continued. "Or wait, were you assigned before the Kaiyō was famous?"

In that case, Akahana would probably be even more impressed!

Matsuvo nodded. "I was assigned to the Kaiyō in YE 39, shortly before it went missing, as well as the ship's successor, following our return from our... excursion. Eventually I decided to step back and requested transfer to a garrison posting on Elysia to be with my partner at the time."

The Minkan sighed sadly at that, "We met on the Kaiyo, both of us infantry. I was a much different man back then. I suppose there must have been something to say for bumbling charm, since that was most of what I had going for me."

"You dated an Elysian?" Akahana gasped. Clearly, this man had many, many stories to tell! "Were you assigned to any other ships, after the Kaiyō?" The Snowy Neko asked, as she shifted her gaze ahead.

"We're almost at the lake." Akahana added, with no small amount of excitement in her voice, knowing what she would find at its center.

Matsuvo nodded in response to Akahana's questions. "I did, but as you might guess it didn't last. We parted on good terms, but we just had different priorities in life. Next after Elysia I requested a reassignment, and was transferred to the Eucharis just before it met the first Kuvexian invasion fleet head on, along with the rest of the First Expeditionary Fleet."

"The Eucharis?" Akahana said, her tone suddenly rising. "Under Hanako?" The Snowy Neko's heart nearly skipped a beat in her chest, but she otherwise maintained her composure. However, what the Minkan told her next nearly caused her to lose it.

"And after that I was assigned to the YSS Nishitama at Himiko."

The Minkan paused for a moment before continuing. "I suppose you've heard something about what happened there during the Fall of Himiko. I had my second death there, as everything went to ruins around the city's defenders."

Akahana thought that she couldn't be amazed again, but the Snowy Neko once more found herself at a loss for words when the elfin Minkan told her of his next assignment—Himiko, during the Kuvexian Invasion. Her eyes widened upon hearing that he had died there, but the Minkan was not the first person she had met to have suffered multiple "deaths". In her mind, they weren't truly deaths at all, but rather, respawns. Akahana was of the mind that no one truly died until their memory was dead too—a spiritual, metaphorical interpretation of death that she held as incontrovertible.

"I did." The Snowy Neko said after a moments's pause, her words accompanied by a slight frown. "However, I was created after the war had ended." She added. "If you don't mind me asking, do you know what occurred that led to your reset? Was the Star Army able to recover anything?"

To some it might have been a morbid question, but Akahana saw it as relatively harmless, if only slightly intrusive.

He pursed his lips before speaking. "Not a lot, most of what I know about what happened is recovered from footage from surviving electronic systems and cameras. I was by the department of information HQ, probably taking care of some kind of paperwork It looked like I held off Kuvexian forces with police gear for a bit, but there's not much footage left after a large Kuvexian power armor showed up."

"Have you ever run the scenario in a simulation?" Akahana asked. Naturally, the Snowy Neko had the mindset of an Analyst. In the event of her respawn, she knew that was the first thing she would want to do after coming back.

All the while, the two were coming up on the lake. Before long, the nude, golden form of Yui came into view, her arms outstretched towards the sky as water ran across her feet. The Snowy Neko immediately lowered herself into a reverent bow, before rising once more, her lips turning upward to form a gentle smile as she looked upon the statue.

"I've been wanting to see this." She breathed.

Matsuvo offered a bow to the statue as well, though his was more respectful than reverent. Perhaps it was the Minkan's greater breadth of experience dealing with other famous figures within the Star Army, but he was less starstruck than Akahana. Ketsurui Yui was hugely accomplished, and one of the Star Army's key figures, but ultimately Matsuvo considered her to be a soldier, like him. A superior officer to respect, not a figure of worship.

After a few silent moments, the Minkan broke his bow and turned to face the Snowy Neko next to him. "I apologize Akahana-san, we've spoken quite a bit about me but I fear I've neglected to ask you about yourself. What was your first posting?" Matsuvo asked, returning to the first question that Akahana had asked him about his own service.

"Oh, I just wanted to get to know you better, is all." Akahana answered, her lips turning upward in a playful smile as she did. "It's very important to me, you know." The Snowy Neko continued, her tone rising in emphasis. "That said, I was assigned to the YSS Kōun. However, it wasn't a long assignment. I'm posted back at Vicky now, where I was created. I'm thinking of changing my MOS and striking for Operative Selection." She added. "But you know..."

Akahana paused, before shifting her eyes to look up towards Matusvo, her luminescent cyan gaze seeming to bore into his elfin features as she did.

"I think we should both be getting to know each other better, wouldn't you agree, Matsuvo-san?" Akahana finished, her lashes fluttering with awe.

The Minkan chuckled a bit with a smile on his face. "I suppose you're still fairly fresh, judging from all the curiosity about the war?" He said after hearing about Akahana's service history up until the present. When she mentioned the name of her first posting, his expression shifted slightly for a moment, a small tell that he'd just searched active ship registries to find out basic information about the vessel.

"So they put a Belmont in command of a ship? I think I've seen everything now." He grinned before looking down to Akahana's snowy-haired form.

"The Kōun got stopped by a Military Police Interceptor before I was assigned. The Captain had left Pisces Station unauthorized and was considered AWOL, but it was largely a misunderstanding. He probably just neglected to do some paperwork." Akahana explained. "The last Analyst posted to the ship requested an reassignment after that incident and I didn't stay for long after..." The Snowy Neko frowned. "Well, there was some other things that happened, which influenced my decision to request a reassignment back to Vicky. I'm not authorized to say what they were."

Matsuvo thought a moment before speaking again, almost as if to himself as much as to Akahana. "I suppose I ought to consider myself quite lucky to have served on the ships I have, though I was just one of many infantry on the Kaiyō and the Eucharis. Far better to have served without fame on ships like those than gain the noteriety that comes with the Kōun."

The white-haired Minkan seemed to do a double take before coming back fully to the conversation, his expression changing back to a smile as he did so. "Ah, forgive me. I've spent quite enough time talking about business and I think we're almost at the grove now. I can imagine there are any number of things you'd rather be doing than reminsicing about old postings."

"Mhmm...perhaps." Akahana said as a playful smile manifested across her alabaster features. As she did, the Snowy Neko led her companion into the wisteria grove, her luminescent gaze taking in the violet and blue leaves which gave the area a fantastical ambience, as if she making her way through a magical forest.

More significantly, the fact that they were alone didn't elude her.

"Let's sit down." Akahana said as she found her way to a relatively secluded area within the grove. "I want to eat the Doriyaki you bought before it gets cold. And maybe get a taste of the yakitori, too." She added, before floating down into a sitting position.

"Mmmmmf~" The Snowy Neko purred as she took a bite of pork from the bamboo kushi.

Matsuvo sat down next to Akahana before retrieving his own food as well as a paper napkin. Setting the to-go cup in front of him, he picked up his Torinequi skewer and took a bite of the chicken and leek together, giving a satisfied "Hmmm" of his own as he held the napkin below his face to prevent any of the sauce from dirtying his clothes.

In the midst of the Wisteria grove, it seemed to the Minkan as if the two had entered a tiny isolated world of flowers and trees. The grove itself was a good distance from the bulk of the festival, and the trees themselves seemed to insulate its occupants from what sounds found their way across the distance.

After a short period of silence and eating, Matsuvo retrieved the package that held the sweets that he had purchased earlier, producing two Doriyaki. "A sweet treat for a sweet woman." He said, offering one to Akahana.

Laying out a napkin of her own, Akahana took another bite of her yakitori before setting it down and shifting her gaze back to the elfin Minkan. For a few moments, the Snowy Neko simply watched as he ate, her luminescent cyan gaze transfixed at the sight of her companion biting into the juicy chicken and leek. She tried, but failed to hold back the delicate giggle which slipped out from her lips in response, compelling the Snowy Neko to cover her mouth as a wave of embarassament came over her awareness.

However, it was his next comment which caught her off-guard, if only for the fact that had not expected it! Nevertheless, Akahana's alabaster cheeks went flush with crimson as she accepted the offered Doriyaki. She initially thought to open the package, but after a moments' consideration decided to set it on her napkin instead.

While Akahana wasn't normally one to initiate, the Snowy Neko felt a surge of confidence which she feared might dissipate if she waited.

"But which one is sweeter, hmmm? Perhaps there's someone here that's sweeter than both." Akahana said, as she sidled up against Matsuvo in a considerate, yet direct fashion, a soft smile turning at the corners of her plump cyan lips as she did.

"Maybe we should find out." The Snowy Neko added, her words purred softly into the Minkan's ear.

Matsuvo had expected some kind of reaction after offering the doriyaki but was somewhat surprised by the degree to which Akahana seemed to be taken aback as deep blush colored her face. Her actions up until now had indicated to the Minkan that she was more than a little interested in him.

As the Snowy Neko paused for a moment before setting down, Matsuvo felt his own face begin to flush as his heartbeat began to accelerate. As time seemed to stretch out within his mind the question of how Akahana would respond occupied him. If he had misread her attitude towards him, both of them would end up quite embarassed.

When Akahana began to cozy up against him, the Minkan breathed a silent sigh of relief, and her words brought his face to a shade that matched hers. "Perhaps we will..." Matsuvo said as he began to move to kiss Akahana, one hand stroking her cheek lightly and brushing away a few locks of hair.

Akahana felt the air rush out from her lungs, a brief flicker of surprise registering over her features before they relaxed in acceptance. She had been giving so many hints that the Snowy Neko hadn't necessarily expected that this would be the one to work. However, now, it seemed that her persistence had paid off.

Accordingly, Akahana gave a surprised giggle before allowing Matsuvo to press his lips against her own, a soft, muffled moan escaping from her throat as she did. All the while, Akahana found herself wrapping her arms around the Minkan's toned waist, bringing him closer so that his chest squished her bosom in the process.

"Much sweeter than a Doriyaki..." Akahana purred.

As Akahana briefly broke the kiss in order to speak, Matsuvo took the chance to regain a bit of breath. Between the kiss and the situation the Minkan felt breathless, though some part in the back of his mind pointed towards his vital monitors and reminded him that it wasn't the case.

In response to Akahana's purred statement, the man made a quizzical expression. "I don't know..." He said, "I think I might have to try again to make sure..."

Matsuvo's unoccupied arm slipped down to Akahana's side, tracing the curvature of her expansive hip before slipping behind her at the waist and into the small of her back before the Minkan pulled her closer still for a second kiss...

Reactions: Wes
Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back