• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP [Open RP] Welcome to The Kikyo Sector, Part 2 - Love Day YE 43

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Deep Abyss 165 is, in fact, laced with Mishhuvurthyar toxins," barkeeper Kasandra corrected Kyoko, "and it's 82.5% pure alcohol," she added. "It isn't for casuals. Drink it at your own risk."

She then poured some nice Nepleslia whiskey into two glasses for Vivian.

"Wowzers, Yam really went ahead and made the drinks extra poison, just to keep up with their mega-tech anti-poison bodies..." Eisei kind of snort-cackled obnoxiously, now leaning with one arm on the counter, whilst their legs crossed and coiled restlessly in mid air. Kyoko said some stuff about being a POW, too, but that was just too much of a bummer to jump right into with a stranger... "Think they have finally cracked it? Is this the Neko-killer?"

"-Or... Maybe that is?" Was the distraction of Sachiko's bare muscles vocalized. The scraggily cartoon didn't so much look at them with shock, as spark alive with a new tension. Like a new fixture at the jungle gym they might get to play with. "Ever notice it's the mus-ku-lar ones 'oo always taking their clothes off first?"

Too much distraction. She hadn't even filed away the concept of messing with that ascended bouncer that had commented on them, either.

Best just to down this drink and make it look like she knew what she was doing...

"Sachi, why are you naked?! Honey, you didn't tell me this was a nude bar! Not....t-that I mind,..or anything.~" Vivian said in a bit of a flustered hush to her wife. She was so red in the face as she watched the bare away of her lover, totally not expecting this.

Vivi was still rather new here, having only moved with her wife not that long ago. There were laws, and well, apparently cultural traditions that she was not aware of. The ex-punk from Vice couldn't even think of herself doing that, the stares alone she'd get, making her uncomfortable at the idea.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Kyoko was just about to knock back the drink when more bare footsteps made her ears twitch. The slight rustle and padding of feet sounded too familiar. Sliding off the stool for a few, she walked over behind Sachi and rested a firm hand on the young neko's head. "SACHIKO, ITATSKI. Does your mother know you're streaking in a public bar around strangers? I know my sister raised you better then that, bet it was your father who instilled this inappropriate sense of freedom in you." She said in a deeply annoyed, yet calm tone to her niece.

Removing her hand, Kyoko undid her coat before wrapping it around Sachi's shoulders. "If you don't have clothes, borrow some of Vivian's, or your mother's next time okay.", She added before returning to her seat in just a tank top and leggings, with casual heels. Before bothering with anything else, she took her glass and knocked back the drink.

As everyone else started to socialize, Kyle silently laughed. Amused by the chaos that was rapidly unfolding with every new patron who entered. "Oh boy." He muttered before turning back to Eldon. Snapping his phone shut as he heard the man speak. When the Nepleslian asked again, Kyle pocketed his phone before answering, "I'm alive-" Laughing anxiously before he continued, "Y-yeah... This is the first time I've t-taken leave. So, I don't know. Never celebrated Love Day or been to a bar before. It's, well - different to say the least." The young man stumbling with some of his words. Bringing his drink back up to his lips, trying to hide his face as he took a drink.

Setting down the drink he reached into his cargo pocket, retrieving a small purple box of candy. Popping it open, inside was a plethora of chocolate cream covered biscuit sticks. Inserting one of the small sticks between his lips before quickly nibbling it till it was all gone. "I wanted to s-see the holiday f-for myself I guess. Take a break from video games, college, and p-projects. Been working on this new one recently... a defense system to hold a point or to..." His voice trailed off as he slowly began to realize that he was about to start rambling about technology. "Heh- sorry about that... I'm not used to talking to people. Never had to- outside of work." Kyle explained to the larger man.

Fluttering his wings, Kyle placed his face onto the bar counter. His face becoming flushed with embarrassment as he had no idea what he was doing. "Void! Why is this difficult." Pulling himself off the counter soon after, looking down to his lap as the nerd was becoming more flustered every time he spoke.

Yue glanced over when Kyoko went off to a part of the bar and admonished someone named Sachiko Itatski about her state of dress. It took her a moment to recognize the name of the brilliant Neko that created the Virtual Home sleep, and recently the Tech scanner. She thought of going over there to say hi, but she thought against it. Sachiko’s companion looked like she could kick her butt hard, and while Yue wasn’t afraid of her, she wasn’t looking to fight anyone that might be annoyed by her coming over there.

Instead, Yue turned her attention to Kyle, who it appeared was getting flustered. Before the Minkan could stop herself, she got up and moved over towards him. She hoped that there was something she could do to help him, though she thought distracting him might be good, of course, she might really distract him.

“Hey, are you ok?’ She asked in a kind tone of voice. She recognized a shy person when she saw one. “if you’d like.. We can go out for some fresh air.” She said, thinking that might do him some good.

Sachiko blinked at the reaction she’d gotten from both Vivi and her aunt Kyoko. “its.. not its um legal in Yamatai.” She said in reply to Vivi before she could react to Kyoko, and the new coat now around her shoulders. “Mom knows I’m a uh free spirit, dad wouldn’t be pleased, though, so please don’t tell.” She replied to her aunt as she now returned to the bar. “I wasn’t sure if you or mom would like me taking a new outfit. “She said starting to second guess her decision.

Eldon fought the urge to talk as he waited on Kyle's reply. Instead, he watched the goings-on and contemplated quietly for the first time since he entered the bar. The blue-haired neko with the poison drink was a POW? That's rough, buddy. He'd have to buy her a round if she survives her first one. The blue-skinned and red-haired neko smiled at him and he smiled back. When he heard the voice of his presumed hallucination, he felt the call of the void beckoning him to make a bad decision out of sheer fascination. But he managed to resist that particular clarion call as he continued to focus on Kyle.

When the blue-haired ex-POW went off on someone whom Eldon had hardly noticed, he was surprised. Yamataians didn't usually seem so prudish, but he supposed they must be kin. He wondered what Aunty Thia would say if she caught him streaking at a bar. He groaned quietly as he realized she'd probably just steal all the attention anyway, clothes or no. When Kyle replied, he was relieved from the knowledge that he could soon end the time alone with his thoughts that was making him increasingly uncomfortable.

"Well, I'll be. In the vast expanse of Yamatai-controlled space, I'd put hard currency on the fact that you and I are the absolute last men who ain't celebrated Love Day yet. I cannot even begin to fathom how infinitesimal the odds are of us ending up in the same bar tonight. Surely this is a matter of some tremendous portent and is not to be taken lightly. That said, there's a far sight more naked folk than I'd normally expect, but otherwise, it seems like a pretty average night at what I presume is a fairly popular place.

"And there's no need to stop yourself and apologize. You may be surprised to hear that I am, in fact, well-acquainted with tellin' a tale, and it strikes me that your'n hadn't even really made it off the starting block before you cut its legs out from under it. Seems to me like you need a little something to help yourself loosen up. If'n you ask me, you should kindly ask yonder wingèd cutie to slip something into whatever you've got going. Could go a long way to help get that tongue a wagglin'."

When the blue-skinned neko approached and suggested getting some fresh air, he took the opportunity to finish his drink, then smiled at her.

"Well aren't you just a sweet blueberry smoothie with a raspberry swirl. I'm Eldon. I was just suggesting that Kyle here sample some conversational lubricant, but now that you mention it, it could be mighty helpful if we took him out back and helped him get his wheels spinnin' more direct-like."

Last edited:
A very, very tiny chrome colored catgirl "robot" walked into The Chrome Catgirl. The name of the bar was purely a coincidence, one that Robosumi didn't realize. "I can't believe they already named a restaurant after ME!" she proudly exclaimed with a flick of her electrical cord tail. This little robot that was apparently so important risked being stepped on at her height of 6.5 inches without any sort of entourage. To avoid such a scenario, she hovered onto the bar counter where she could clearly be seen, probably about the same size as one of the glasses. She checked to see how much attention she managed to garner so far. Her silver face wasn't very expressive, lacking a mouth and having static blue eyes that could only flash and light up. She noticed Sachiko, fortunately after she already had the coat put around her. "My my is this a fashion show?" she asked, butting in to flex her fake metallic legs.

After downing the toxic drink, Eisei was forced into a sort of full-body grimace, loosing their altitude and balancing their butt on the stool. Until the automatic blood purification system kicked in they were just kind of stuck there, eyes closed, hands and feet in the 'dead rat' pose whilst they regretted their life choices in general. A pained meow-groan escaped from their lips and didn't halt until they finally snapped out of it... By which time they'd been totally abandoned by the person they were attempting to talk to, who had shot off to talk to the blue muscle-girl-friend.

Gah. Jealous. Feeling sick and jealous...

Distracted again, a small silvery humanoid thing.

Hooking a heel on the counter, the pink-haired catgirl pushed themselves off and over, hands straight down to avoid their skirt falling upwards during the slo-mo backflip.

"Well, you look like a snack." Was the weirdly chosen words, whilst they arced their face downwards and got way too close. "This some new kind of new shiny toy-model thing?... It makes me hungry..."

Floating around like a cloud, the neko had cute yammy energy in spades, but also large, dark, wild eyes and razor sharp teeth...

Last edited:
Kyoko didn't fair much better herself, the black liquid making every inch crawl in a deep revulsion. It felt like it was crumbling, even as it shook somewhat violently, which became more of a violent shiver after a moment. Everything felt hopeless, like the feeling of that collar that used to be tightly clamped to her porcelain neck a few months ago. The neko could swear she felt it, and it made her scared, he body not wanting to move, to break free. A chain was blurry yet in view, connected to what she feared was now actually around her neck, the long metal links disappearing into the melting counter. Her sister's eyeless face surfaced from it's polished wood bar top, an angry accusatory face looking at her as the chain pulled tight.

The drink finally began to wear off though, the off balance neko suddenly unstable on her stood before falling to the floor on her rear. Her breaths came deep and rapid, "Never...drinking here...a-again." It was the only thing she could manage to say as her mouth found trouble speaking, the sense of fear and guilt still lingering. Her neck muscles still clenched and tightened, as if resisting her collar, but knew it wasn't actually there now. That was an experience she wanted to forget, and never wanted to feel it again, but sadly SAINT training couldn't remove such scars from a person's soul and heart.

Last edited:
"You asked for the strongest stuff I had," the Elysian bartender sighed. "The Mishhu toxins are some of the only substances the Nekovalkyrja can't deal with easily," she explained. "It's terribly expensive and usually makes people curl up in a ball on the floor screaming or crying. But you'll get an amazing rush afterward that feels like you just almost drowned and you're getting your first breath of fresh air. That's why they call it the Deep Abyss. Some people get addicted. Some get traumatized. But they all get...drunk."

Laughing anxiously, the young technician had definatly found himself in quite a conondrum. A naked blue skinned woman standing next to him asking if he was okay. Accompanied with a large Nepleslian man who was also new to celibrating the holiday. His hands connecting together in his lap as he sat up, answering Eldon first, "Yeah- quite a coincidence! Never would have i-imagined it to be possible. Heh-" Tilting his head off to his side as he continued, "I'm not very interested in drinking... at least, not after seeing what they serve here." Kyle stated as he gestured over to the two very winded Nekos who sat just a few stools away from him. "Plus, I'd be l-lying if I said I-I wasn't a bit i-intimidated by it. Ha- call it what you want... A-Alcohol is just something I've tried staying a-away from."

Turning his attention to Yue, Kyle greeted her with an anxious smile, "
H-Hi, I appreciate it, but I-I'll never learn if I-I never expose myself... I'm just a bit overwhelmed with everything, I'll b-be fine." He stammered through like a champ, letting her know he was fine. "N-Name is Kyle Dee, I'm a T-Technician in the S-Star Army. Nice to meet you Miss-?" Introducing himself as he slowly released his own gloved hand, extending it out half way towards Yue. His hand shook subtly, as he was absolutely filled with nervous energy.

Sachiko hadn’t gotten a reply from her lover, but she had become too distracted by her aunt. The coat fell off as she shot towards her, flying very fast, as she knelt by her aunt's side. “Aunt Kyoko!” She exclaimed as she looked down at her. She heard Momosumi’s words of asking if this was a fashion show. “No,” she replied as she tried to help her aunt up. “Come Auntie Kyoko, let’s get you standing, wantt to leave?” she said to her.

She ignored the bartender though her words were processed “Mishhu toxins! Are you serious!?” She asked with a frown with disbelief that toxins had been placed in a drink. She began focusing and an outfit appeared, which was a sexy one mostly for Vivi's benefit.

Yue glanced to Eldon with a noticeable blush on her blue-skinned face as the other man complimented her. She noticed his accent and she couldn’t help thinking that he was Nepleslian but she knew that was not a bad thing, but it would be her first time meeting one. Yue also discovered that the poor stuttering man was Kyle, a technician in the Star Army.

She stopped herself from asking if he knew her aunt since she knew that the chances of that were likely low. “I am pleased to meet you both, Eldon, and Kyle Dee. I am pleased that you will be fine too.” She said as she shook Kyle’s hand before speaking. “My name is Yue, Motoyoshi-Igarashi Yue.” She said, thinking it will be fine to mention her name, though she grew worried about her conduct and hoped she was polite.

Last edited:
Eldon couldn't help but notice all the goings-on in the bar as he engaged in conversation. He caught a glimpse of a tiny shiny person hover up and he was tempted to greet them until he saw his nubile neon nightmare showing a similar interest.

"That little chrome person is dead for sure," he muttered in a rare display of brevity. When he heard the pale neko fall out of her chair, he turned to look and offer his hand, but then a muscular naked woman was already trying to help. The bartender spoke up and he listened to the description of the drink that could harm a neko.

"It surprises me to learn of the existence of a beverage powerful enough to, through its ingestion, knock a neko on her ass, let alone that it could be acquired at a classy establishment such as this one without some kind of ordinance license. I will be sure to file that away for future use and never again make a request for the strongest substance in storage.

"But I digress, please let me extend another humble request for your recommendation, oh avian artist of alcohol. After a period of pause to ponder your presently poisoned patrons, I feel a definite preference for the weak and undistilled. On that wholly unrelated note, let me turn back to my companions Kyle and Yue.

"You'll have to forgive me the dishonour of calling you simply Yue, since your full name is a bit of a mouthful and as much as I like to fill my mouth with words, conjoined Yamataian names have a tendency to twist my tongue up something fierce. I can think of other things I'd much rather fill my mouth and around or inside of which I might enjoy twisting up my tongue.

"On the subject of Kyle's foresight of his own well-being, I find myself decidedly unconvinced. A man's liable to have a nervous breakdown in your state. Or, if it ain't your nerves what get you, your heart's going to give out. Or worse. And if you ain't interested in neither alcohol nor the advances of myself nor such a lovely creature as Yue, I'm just not sure how to help.

"But now that I think on it a moment, maybe your attempt to disappear into your device was more meaningful than I thought. Is there someone whose electronic advances you're waiting on? Then again, if'n that's the case you seem mighty out of place in this bar. Unless you're expecting to see them here?"

Last edited:
Hearing Eisei speak, Momosumi posed on the counter. "A snack? Well... I suppose that's one way of putting it, darling," she said, assuming the much larger neko was either joking or complimenting her in a strange way. But seeing the look on her face and those teeth, the tiny robo-idol realized the catgirl might actually try to eat her. Robosumi froze and fell backwards on the counter, skittering to her metallic-looking feet and backing away. "Uh... wait, no, not that kind of snack! Don't eat me, I'm made of metal!" she squeaked.

"---~~~AAHHdunno sunshine!~ You look pocket sized, but nobody in yam has pockets anymore!" Eisei projected their airy, wispy voice at Momosumi like an audible snare. They leaned one elbow onto the counter in order to catch their sleepy head against their palm, though their feet still adamantly refused to make contact with the floor. "Ever hear of 'affordances'? Like, putting a door handle on a door, only to make people reflexively open it the right way?... Why are you so bite-sized if you don't wanna be eaten? Yur' sayin' ye metal but like, ya realulize us neekows all got like heat vision, yeah?... So whatta ya small for!?..."

They weren't drunk. Their artificial biology took care of that. The sounds they were making were more like a half asleep housecat, waking up feeling agitated and bossy for zero reason. Maybe enjoying feeling like that, too.

Narrowing their eyes and sinking their face further into their elbow, the pink lynx moved a hand slowly closer, until an arcing finger met the micro chrome neko at eye level.

"Hewwo I'me Eguchi Eisei! I like violence and cute things!" The finger 'spoke' whilst wiggling with menace. "Whu is you liddle ladie~?"

Kyoko groaned as her niece Sachiko helped her stand and swipe her KS card before helping carry the neko out. Vivian remained close behind, as she got the doors for them. The ladies had an eventful night to say the least, even if their stay was rather short on this love day. Kyoko would simply have to try another loveday, or some other alternative, while hoping they got a better bar with more friendly and safer service next time around.

But even as they made their departure, more people entered still, looking for their own chance on this young night of love. A tall curvaceous figure in a rather minimal cream dress, was next to enter as he long dress flowed about her artful curves. It was clear at even a glance, that the dress was the only article adorned, a long strapped purse hung at the woman's side as he red heels clicked on the floor as she entered. Her hair was rather long, crimson flowing locks of deep shade, flowing down to her rear, framing eyes of the same shade along with matching lipstick. "I'll take wine if you have it, a nice red if possible.", she said simply with a smile that was both warm and somehow seductive.

Not far behind her was an equally stunning woman in her own right, long golden hair with crystal blue eyes. She walked in a casual black suit jacket with blouse, and pencil skirt over leggings and heals. She was more chesty then the other woman though, and wore some sort of collar device loosely under the collar of her suit jacket. She walked up to the bar near where Kyle and his current distractions were, a hopeful look in her eyes as she held a small to go tray container of fresh syrup covered pancakes in one hand. She took a nearby seat before looking to the elysian bartender, and setting the container down, eyes faintly lingering on their wings for a moment. "I'll pay for the young man's tab down there tonight, also a weird request, but can you perhaps slide this down to him. I'll take whatever the redhead is having though if you don't mind.", the brilliant blonde said to him a bit quietly so not give her surprise visit away just yet.

"Of course," Kasandra the Elysian barkeeper nodded, "How about a rare Chateau Hanako red wine, YE 38 vintage? You can't get these anymore since the Kuvexians took over the vineyard. I doubt they have the old owner's green thumb."

To the pancake woman, she apologized, "Sorry, for health and safety reasons we can't serve outside food."

"Ha... M-Maybe I'll try s-some... b-but they are e-expensive. I o-only get p-paid so m-much... I u-usually c-cannot afford much. I t-try to save my f-funds for emergencies and g-gifts for the h-holidays. N-not like I h-have anyone to gift an-anymore." Kyle admitted and conceded to Eldon's request that he try alcohol. His hand slowly removing itself from Yue's. "Motoyoshi... heh, Y-you must be r-related to Taisa M-Motoyoshi Kaoru, r-right? Heh... Th-there are six Motoyoshi's st-stationed on the M-Mazu." Falling silent for a moment before adding, "I ah... I'm a-also stationed on the YSS Mazu... S-sorry for not st-stating that first." Another nervous laugh followed as he was still a little uncomfortable.

Gesturing between both of them, Kyle asked, "So, wh-what do you t-two do? I-I think I'm the only o-one wearing m-my job at th-the moment." His face turning a darker shade of red as he attempted to avert his eyes from Yue. As she was the only one in the trio not wearing anything at all. A portion of the reason why he decided to sit back down was he didn't want to show another issue 'popping' up. His hands quickly fixing his shirt to cover up his problem. His wings fluttering as he was now more embarrassed than nervous. The two individuals that he was talking to making him feel flustered.

Thankfully, his embarrassment would be knocked down by a small tick as he heard a familiar voice. Turning around to see where the voice originated from before freezing. His body ceasing to move aside from the gentle rise and fall of his chest. Both his real and cybernetic eyes locking onto the tall woman with long flowing golden hair, accompanied by crystal blue eyes. After a long moment, he blinked before slowly averting his attention back to the other two he was with. 'It's not real....' He thought to himself as he tried to shake it off as him just seeing things. However the similarity in appearance was uncanny to someone from his past, he just couldn't pin it.

Yue glanced over watching as the tall girl with Neko ears and a tail Sachiko she thought the other called her helped the fallen girl up and she, and presumably her date left the bar, causing her to turn her attention back to the three men she was talking to. It turns out, Eldon has trouble with pronouncing her last name, which indeed was a mouthful. “Normally I prefer to be referred to by my last name, but due to you not being able to do so, Yue is fine,” she said to him before she turned to Kyle who mentioned the Mazu, and how he served under her aunt causing her to smile. “oh, I know of her, she’s my aunt, though sadly duties prevented us from meeting each other, same with a few of the other members of the clan.” she commented to Kyle and thought of the drinks.

“Personally, I’ve been pushed off drinking because of the planet in which I was born, I’d rather not get to it. But unrelated, I work for the company my mother’s a part of, I’m her assistant” she said to them. Then listened to the interactions between the gold-haired woman. She couldn’t help but hear the bartender’s reply, forcing her to cover her mouth to hide her amusement at her statement.

It was clear from Kyle’s behavior that perhaps she hadn’t thought things through, and that even though it might be legal, some might not like it.

Hearing the chrome creature's terrified squeaks made Eldon shake his head. "Damn shame," he commented, though he was surprised when the creature of his wildest nightmares simply introduced herself. The no-longer naked muscular woman and the sickly neko left, and Eldon watched as in walked a ravishing woman with red hair followed by a blonde who seemed to quickly catch Kyle's eye. Eldon frowned as he looked from Yue to Kyle to the blonde woman then back to Yue. He was starting to feel tired from his long day's work and didn't feel like making himself a part of a love quadrilateral. Triangles were his strict upper limit.

"I go where the wind takes me and do whatever needs doin' wherever I happen to land. And I feel a bit of a gust, so I'm going to mosey along. I'll let y'all enjoy some privacy, but if either or both of you finds yourself in want of some company, give old Eldon a call."

With that, he pulled himself up out of his lean and walked over to an empty section of the bar next to the red-haired woman. He tried desperately not to make direct eye contact with the one he now knew as "Eisei," however much he felt tempted to look.

"Barkeep, let me have one of the same. I'm feeling like something refined and elegant, and I can tell you've got excellent taste, Miss...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back