• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP [Open RP] Welcome to The Kikyo Sector, Part 2 - Love Day YE 43

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Just because I'm bite-sized doesn't mean I'm meant to be eaten! You wouldn't eat a screw, would you?" the small silver robot questioned. Heat vision? She had to think of an explanation quickly, it seemed Eisei just might be starting to see through her façade. "I have electronic components, they heat up. It's difficult to keep me from burning bright of course." When her finger came down, Momosumi was just confused. The way it moved when she talked, was it supposed to be a face? But it had no face. Curiously, she poked it with her very, very tiny hand. "I am Robosumi, the greatest star who ever lived; and I like ENTERTAINING!" With that, Robosumi broke out into a series of poses, clearly having rehearsed them before.

"Well-I-'unno, what kind of screw?" Eisei responded to the first part, rolling their head around and following the motion with their eyes. They flowed their tongue between extended fangs, clearly imagining some kind of screw that was delicious. Momosumi's poses, though, those really got a reaction- The scraggily creature couldn't help but immediately recoil backwards, putting one hand on their face, and one against the counter, whilst her lungs bellowed out an obnoxious, squeaky, irate stream of laughter.

It wasn't mocking; The pink Nekovalkyrja totally understood the concept of being an idol, she just didn't expect such a strong stage presence all of a sudden. That aura.

Her tail brushed up against the larger, robust man trying to sneak past behind her, but she looked at him with wide, wild eyes like they meant to do it.

"HEY-HA-HEy MIstER!~ Looka at thise thingieee!~" She was still laughing, small chest struggling to heave enough air into it to not die. "It's a R-R-Robo-s-s-umi! D-d-dunyouthinit's- Don' you t-think it's the c-cutest thing evar!? Dun ya w-want one in ya p-pocket!?"

The glitched-out VHS effect was a bit more tolerable up close, where more detail could be gleamed. That only made it more obvious that the Neko was tiny compared to the average cat themselves, though, barely two thirds the man's height. Beyond that, consisting mostly of teeth, hair and dress in volume. Probably went a long way to explaining why they were so enamoured.

"What else can you do?" The bug-eyed cat squawked, smiling so hard it hurt their jaw. "C-C-Can y-you sing?"

kyoto

Shoi-Kouhosei Motoyoshi-yoshitsune Hiroki

Entering the bar, dressed in a traditional Motoyoshi clan colors, the Mon of the new Bakufu emblazoned on the back of his Kimono, his medium bag on his back showed bright vibrant colors, made of fine silk to protect the fine three stringed instrument inside.. heading to the Bar first, His piercing silver eyes, fell upon the bartender with a soft smile." Good day, i'll have a bottle of your finest Yamataian wine and brandy please? and do you have any available tables I may use? Id like to enjoy multiple guests." Looking around the room,it was obvious love day was in Full swing. many people were already intermingling, and this Bar seemed to be the perfect place to begin his own 'festivities'
(Sorry mate that was for the Bartender)
@Wes

Last edited:
Kyoto

Slowly Madam Seraphina made her way towards the bar she had heard rumors about. Her hips swung wide in her high heels. The virgin killer shirt doing little to hide the crest of her vivacious booty. As she approached she could make out the good times that were about to go down at this place. She slipped past those near the door and into the main bar area. She tucked her raven wings in close as she made her way to the front of the bar area. "I'd like something strong." She said with a smile looking over at the bar keep. She took notice of some of the neko who were more than a little drink. In fact they seemed downright out of it. "On second though, make it a little less strong." She let out a chuckle as she reached up and started to play with her dark black hair. Under the right light one could make out the white highlights that was scattered through her hair. She looked out over the crowd with her golden eyes to see who might bring her some fun tonight or at least maybe a new business opportunity.

Last edited:
"Fine, I'll just have to do it myself. I'll take a glass of that same wine please though.", Seraphina said, hiding her annoyance at that hypocritical statement. She truly was in strange lands, far stranger then when she remembered growing up in them, but those were thoughts of long times past. The wingless Elysian instead picking up the tray and moving down, before taking the now emptied seat next to Kyle that Eldon once occupied. Sliding the tray of pancakes before him, she leaned over and gave the young man a kiss on the forehead. "My dear son, you seem almost like you haven't aged a day. When Sindy told me you were alive,..and here, well I could barely believe it. I lost everything that night almost, even almost my own life, but only my wings.", she said as hand rested on his shoulder, tears beginning to well.

"I saw your body, so how are you here? Why didn't you come home if you came back? Ceilia and the children mourned for you Kyle, and so did I. Please, come home.", she continued before embracing him in a hug. Her tears flowing in earnest as the feel of her son in her arms again, broke the flood gates she once thought sealed. So many nights of sadness and rage after the night of the reapers, and all of it seeming so worth it now that she was reunited with her son.

---------------
The crimson haired woman gave a smile and a nod to the bartender, "That will be wonderful sir, and would be willing to purchase a whole bottle if you have spare." With that, she then turned to the man next to her, who clearly seemed to want to try his luck with her. Good, it was better when they came to her, and it made her smile. Warmly, but with just a hint of seduction hidden in it, her eyes looking him over thoroughly. They went through the motion quickly, before falling on his face, her smile widening ever slightly as they did. "Aries Jaeger, though I don't believe you've even offered your own name yet. Are you the local bard with those honeyed words of yours?"

"Of course," Kasandra nodded, carefully placing the bottle on the bar for Aries. It made a satisfying hiss and a loud pop as she opened it with a corkscrew. "Happy Love Day! Please enjoy," she smiled...even though Aries had called her a sir.

"W-wish I got to work with family, although I-I would imagine it's a p-pain sometimes?" He asked Yue with a shy smile. The young technician turning to face her a bit more as he was going to say something before the seat next to him became occupied. The person taking it sliding a tray of pancakes in front of him, which made him turn to see who, only to be suddenly kissed on the forehead. "Ah-" Kyle stammered before seeing who it actually was.

Hearing the woman break down into tears as she spoke of the past, the night that he perished, made him stiff. This was the woman who had adopted him, Seraphina Cerulius, the woman whose wings he bore on his back. Once she embraced him he had lacked any ability to react, sitting there in silence as he was bombarded with a plethora of emotion and knowledge. It was the mention of his children that damaged him the most, his heart sunk as she mentioned them. "Th-They're... Alive..." Kyle stated quietly, his mind still in shock from what Seraphina had told him.

Yue smiled politely to Eldon and nodded her head “Sure, I’ll give you a call if I want to meet up’ she said to him, though the young Motoyoshi didn’t know if she was into having sex, but something told her that she won’t be lucky today. She turned her head to Kyle again as she spoke. “I guess you could say that admittedly it can be stressful if things aren’t working, but you want to prove yourself to the family>” she commented before the interaction between the woman and Kyle, who it turned out were family.

She was confused as she listened, and she began to, unfortunately, think that he faked his death, to leave them before his comment about them being alive made her think otherwise.

She began thinking maybe she needed to give them some space, so she took her drink and drifted away before she spotted another member of her family there. Yue and Hiroki hadn’t met in person, but she did know of him. She didn’t know if he knew of her existence, though, and she was split between meeting him, and introducing herself as another member of the family, or escaping.

Tucked away in a quiet booth in the corner of the bar, trying her hardest to not exist and ignoring the fact her mother was running around in a positively tiny little virgin killer sweater, was the notoriously green-haired Ms Remy Belmont.

Remy was like her mother in a lot of aspects, a self-made woman with a deadly glare that made even the biggest ID-SOLs rethink their actions... but it was times like this that made Remy thankful she didn't inherit every aspect of her mother's personality. It was clear to the green-haired woman that the mighty and powerful Seraphina Belmont, the woman at the head of an ever-growing clan, had more than a little bit to drink before coming here.

Remy wasn't nearly as dressed up as most the patrons though still cleaned up nicely. Sporting a pair of knee-length boots and some skin-tight leather pants that looked like they'd been a hassle to fit her delightfully pear-shaped figure into, these being worn with a sturdy biker jacket and a hoodie that was cropped barely short enough to see a hint of Remy's tanned, toned midriff. While the young woman had still gone through the effort of doing her flowing hair into a tidy bun and even so far as putting on a tasteful splash of makeup it was pretty clear she was there against her will.

It was simply so that Madam Belmont would stop asking Remy when she'd settle down and produce some green-eyed offspring for a few months, truth be told Remy hadn't actively dated for two or three years at this point. So to make the best of an uncomfortable situation Remy had decided to have a few stiff drinks, offering a waitress a thankful grin as some whiskey on the rocks found its way into her hands.

With a sigh Remy tucked her legs up onto the seat she'd claimed, emerald eyes faintly glowing as she resided herself to some light reading via her mindware, trying to block out all the noise of everyone else flirting around her. There was some small part of her that missed it all, but it wasn't like she had the time in her schedule to dedicate to a relationship right now.

Eldon felt something brush up against him and instinctively he looked down to see what it was. Finding a tail, he traced its length without a second thought, up to the very person with whom he was trying to avoid making eye contact: Eisei. He felt his pulse quicken and his mouth go dry as his body tried to make up its mind about what kind of response he should make: fight, flight, or fun. His gaze darted to the tiny chrome person whom he had noticed earlier and now realized was called "Robosumi," who seemed to be posing.

"Who'd wanna put a darling like you in their pocket?" He said, addressing Robosumi directly before turning back to Eisei. "Eye-catching folk like the both of you deserve to run free in public out catching as many eyes as y'all can. Putting her in a pocket'd be like stuffing you into a backpack. Maybe it'd be fun to say I owned you, but it would deprive others of a worthwhile experience.

"Now if you'll do me the great honour of excusin' me, I'm gonna try and maintain my life and sanity and go back to pretending that you're just a figment of my alcohol-riddled imagination. I'm afraid of how it might end if I keep looking your way."

He turned back to Aries and tried to pretend like he wasn't going crazy. Though when he saw the look in her crimson eyes, he began to wonder if she was at least as dangerous.

"A bard? I've never thought of myself as a bard, but I suppose I do have something of a proclivity for oral activity. The name's Eldon Mosfet. I don't rightly know where the name Eldon comes from, though I did cross paths with a fellow traveller roundabout White Harbor or so. This traveller said he'd met an android designer named Eldon once, long time passed. Though he also told me he'd seen things I wouldn't believe and listed off a bunch of events that didn't make no sense, so take that for what it's worth. And Mosfet was my momma's name." Eldon paused for a moment, looking away at the mention of his mother.

"What's in a name, anyway? Just a label stuck on you from someone who don't even know who you are. Something that hangs around your neck for folk to judge you before they even met you. Knowing your name don't make you more beautiful than you already are, though I suppose it does give me something of an incantation to, in future, summon up your beauty from the depths of my memory. For now I can just look on you."

Last edited:
Reactions: Wes
Seraphina grabbed the drink that the bar tender had brought her. She took a quick smell to ensure they had not heard her request to make it a little less hit the floor. When everything seemed good she took a drink. As she tipped back the glass she caught sight of someone she thought she knew. Normally she would be in a board meeting or part of a marketing campaign. All dressed up and ready for the big game. This would look completely out of character and rightfully so. Seraphina would not be caught in such an outfit yet here she stood. Showing off all her curves in all the wrong ways.

"I can't believe I let that big fool talk me into this." She said under her breath. "It is good for the troops to see the princess in a new light." She rolled her eyes and let out a sigh. "Then again this is the guy who comes into my board meetings just to kiss me and lift his fist into the air like he just won a gold medal." This got her to smile and chuckle a little. For a moment she did feel liberated and free to enjoy the fun of the night. She once more put her gaze across the room and locked eyes with a person who looked to be tucked away. This seemed completely out of place, much like herself which gave her comfort. She walked over slowly and all the bells in her mind started to ring.

"Oh my god, Remy?!?!" She said out loud with both excitement and shock as she walked up. "Oh my word, it is you!! What on earth brings you to a place like this?! This would be the last place I'd expect to find you. Don't tell me you are here scouting for man, or woman?" She chuckled as she took a seat next to her. "I can only imagine what must be going through your mind right now. Here is mom looking completely out of place wearing a sinful outfit. Though you can thank Mr. Belmont for this idea." She took a long sip of her drink as she waited for Remy to either reply or dye from embarrassment.

"Exactly!" Robosumi said in response to Eldon, gesturing towards him. Finally someone who understood. "Besides, there's only one of me anyway." When Eisei asked if she could sing, Robosumi took it as a challenge. "Sing? Why of course I can sing!" She wasn't certain what to do now though. Normally, she would've prepared for this kind of thing in advance. She still needed the material to sing, assuming anyone would be able to hear her beautiful voice in such a crowded area without any speakers anyway. Still, this was a request she couldn't turn down. "...What do you want me to sing?"

Aiura's delicate digits retracted from the warm ceramic of the sake cup. These people were interesting. Of course many would probably say the same of her, a chameleon within the crowd always observing and watching and mistaken for something she was obviously not. A hidden jewel among the other gems in what was just another crown. A universe away. Her father struggled in both love and war, and his letters had grown fewer and fewer, not that anyone would have approved of her reading them. Drinking made one reflect, especially drinking alone. Not that it took away from the spectacle she experienced; she had yet to determine if she was a part of this social experiment or if she only the observer - there would be hell to pay that she was even considering the interaction of that type. Another argument because it was more behind her than she cared to admit, to touch, to experience something alien would be a choice she couldn't come back from.

She adjusted her posture slightly upon the stool, an idle pluck of the right thin string that held her silvery-blue dress upon her shoulders as she continued to observe and contemplate; she savored the warm potency of the Ice Queen Sake though; it helped put her at ease, perhaps too at ease as she stared towards the kimono wearing man that appeared to have been missed by the bartender. She said, finally breaking her silence in a soft but pronounced tone, and fluid Norian accent hanging upon the simplistic language of trade that lacked both expressions and yet was still brought to some sophistication with her mastery of it, "I'm sure they will get to you, Mister. How about a share of this warm sake while you wait? To satisfy the curiosity of a someone who traveled to get here?" she offered Hiroki, with a gentle gesture of her hand to the seat next to her. She was curious about his attire, it seemed different from everyone else in the bar.

Looking behind his current position at the bar, this stranger, one with a curious accent and good taste in drink. offered for the man to join her? how could he say no?"I'd Gladly join you miss, though the Bartender missed my order, How can I refuse?" making his way through the few bar goers between the two. Hiroki placed the silk bag from his shoulder to the seat. bowing respectfully, before sitting with a smile. his hands pressed together looking over this entirely new person. taking the time to place a second cup down, taking the bottle and pouring his companions drink full before his own."Good day to you, my name is Motoyoshi-Yoshitsune Hiroki, that is a most curious accent. one I cannot say i've heard before. tell me, who are you other than a beautiful enigma?"

Eisei narrowed their eyes and made a befangled, gawking expression when Eldon explained himself, expressing her 'hidden' agitation in the least hidden way possible. The things that he said really did kind of rub her the wrong way... but having been a political prisoner, and on the wrong side of a war, at one point in her life, she knew better than to start a fight over nothing.

Turning back to Robosumi and wresting her hand on her palm, though, it was clear the mood had changed on a dime.

"Didn' say anything 'bout no ownership, that's real raw, a real lame-o...." Mithering sounds, an upset pur-growl, pink ears flickering around whilst she refused to look the smaller being in the eye. "Affordances is different... Like you really good at doin' somethin' and you g-g-give p-people the g-good feelin's jus' thinkin' bout d---d--doin' it..."

It was an obnoxious, aggressive, half-meowing sound. They afforded themselves to be obnoxious like a cat. Yamatai law meant personal freedoms, and she had traded being cute and obnoxious for stabbing people in the face as part of the NMX. It was a good trade.

But people sayin' she didn' exist though, she wasn't a real person, that hurt...

"Bartender, soe-ree, can I have another one of those scary squid drinks, pleeze?" A single raised finger, before curling up with their head laid into crossed arms. "...Liddle Robosumee... What's your favourite song?..."

Seraphina was afraid that this would be the case, a bit of shock creeping in as he struggled with the truth dropped on him. "Yes Kyle, they are, and miss you very much. I know this may not be the place to tell you everything, but I assure you I speak the truth. For many months after everything, I spent in quiet rage, only making weapons for which to kill that which took you from me. I almost couldn't believe what Sindy had told me, much less she herself was alive. She too has had to come to terms with the last two years, and how the world had changed." A gentle hand was rested on his arm as she lowered herself to a sort of kneel next to him. Evening their height, she looked into his eyes with her ocean blue orbs, seeking to meet his and share the truth of her emotions in the optical return.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aries grinned at him as he spoke so widely of the concept that was a name, something that amused her deeply. "That may be true in most cases, and even partly true in my own. Nobody knew who I was, and neither did I. I gave myself my own name, the day I was given a new body and knew what it was like to move and live. You see, this is why I live every day to my fullest, and seek everything there is to gain from it. It is also why I hold so much pride in my name, because it is mine, and I will give it as much worth as I can work for. It means "war hunter" in a mix of tongues, because life is mine, and I want to follow it running." She was happy to trade words with this one, finding the mere movement of his lips on every syllable to be quite interesting. He was bold and charismatic, a very intoxicating pair of traits, and usually the ones who got you into unexpected trouble. She liked unexpected trouble, and those who usually had it tailing them, even if this man seemed so innocent.

"Certainly," Kasandra smiled, though she seemed a little surprised that anyone actually requested this hyper-expensive and literally nightmare-inducing toxic beverage made to send Nekovalkyrja to the floor crying. "If you're sure," she added, pouring a glass for Eisei. Smokey black tentacles of foam reached out of the edges for a moment.

Yes, the blue-skinned girl’s ears weren’t lying to her. He said that he was a member of the Motoyoshi clan. Yue allowed her to take a deep breath, and she began moving away from where she’d been standing. They left Kyle alone because she felt like she might be a third wheel, and the woman knew him so it would be awkward, she thought. She left Kyle with a kind smile before making her way to the unknown Motoyoshi she hadn’t met before.

As she approached, she saw his badge, which allowed her to know his rank and title. She cleared her throat and spoke. “Shoi-Kouhosei-Sama” She blinked, realizing maybe she didn’t have to add Sama` to it but too late. “please forgive me, but I couldn’t help but overhear you introduce yourself as a member of the Motoyoshi clan is that correct?” She asked him, though she knew he had a hyphenated last name as she did. Her own was in honor of her adoptive mother rather than to add Motoyoshi to her existing last name.

“I wanted to meet you, I am a new member of the clan, my mother is Motoyoshi-Igarashi Yuka, while I am Motoyoshi-Igarashi Yue.” She said with a smile on her lips. “I apologize once more for interrupting,” She said, having understood that because of his career differing from her own, he and the other members hadn’t been able to be introduced to the new member. She didn’t know if Yuka spoke of having a daughter.

As the warm pink sky over the lusty city of Kyoto gave way to the last slipping moments of daytime, the now dazzling lights of the city glittered brightly into the growing twilight over the metropolis.

The volume in the bar lowered, drawing attention of the crowd to a platform stage in the offside of the room, a warm golden hue volumed in from above. "Good evening Mina-san," a voice warmly greeted everyone, "we here at the Chrome Cat Girl welcome each and everyone of you to our love day celebrations," a hostess emerged from behind a set of airy silver curtains that weightlessly caressed her attention grabbing Minkan form. Her voice was confident, alluring with a sense of voltage to it. She was dressed for the role, in a black lace halter piece that was repurposed from her lingerie drawer, matching with a set of black shiny light catching leggings, and a weightless blazer to pull it all together.

"Watashi wa Aya-chan, and I'll be around to make things a little more interesting. Please be kind," at that the strawberry-blonde Aya played up a charming wink.

With her long legs she clicked across the illuminated surface of the stage with hyper glossed heels and took a moment to smile and play up the crowd. "Now Mina-san, I will propose to play our first little game with you —"

"— I'd like you to look over to your right, and the first person you see, go say hello and introduce yourself! Then immediately ask them to tell you," she now then put up two galaxy pink fingers, "two truths," then she lifted a third finger, "and one lie. It's then your job to try to figure out which is which! Then have them ask you the same! You never know what secrets and excitements people may have!" She then went on to explain that the pair should decide a penalty game, which might end up in a kiss or a buying someone a drink at the bar.

"Or don't play! That's okay too, hope to see some cuties linking up out there. I have some drink tickets to give out, but I'm only going to be giving them to those I see taking in those loveu-loveu moments, so have lots of fun and enjoy yourselves!" Aya then put her hands out in-front of herself cutely and waved them as the light lowered on her and the music gently drove itself back in.

It was then with a quick little sigh that she tip toed off the small platform back to the floor then made her way over to the side of the bar to take in a moment before returning to hosting.

Last edited:
Aiura smiled as the gentleman poured her drink for her, she replied to him and introduced herself in kind, "I am Aiura, it is a pleasure to meet you Hiroki of the Motoyoshi. I suppose I'm just an enigma as you suggested, for my accent is nothing special to me." She had not noticed her own expression. There were certain things that were hard to dismiss, things like the hand gestures and movements that came naturally with speaking and behaving normally for her. Thankfully, there was an interruption that had perfect timing to distract the man from the acute observation of her actions. She nodded her head slightly in a greeting to the other Motoyoshi woman who approached and sought Hiroki's attention.

"No bother at all, would you care to join us?" Aiura asked Yue politely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back