• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Implemented Open Sandboxes

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
This is a suggestion to help foster more possibilities in RP. The basics are:

• GMs now have the option to go anywhere in the larger Kagami Galaxy and set up an open sandbox-style sector to RP in.
  • Whatever Kikyo Sector factions (Yamatai, Nepleslia, NDC, etc.) they want to bring can show up there, within reason.
    • Speak with FMs for details of what they can send.
  • The core factions agree to stay peaceful to each other within the Kikyo Sector but in the sandboxes these agreements might not apply
  • Within the GM sandbox, due to the distance from the Kikyo Sector, factions back in Kikyo are generally not going to interfere
  • We've therefore created a number of "wild west" areas not necessarily be in conflict with the Kikyo Sector "main" storyline
  • GMs are encouraged to go forth and create something anywhere, to remix or build something fresh out of the rubble of older civilizations
  • Remove all restrictions on creating new factions and species
    • with the caveat that they don't get to mess with the Kikyo Sector without SM (my) permission.
I know some these ideas are a bit radical sounding, but this is basically a package to fight stagnancy, to turn the creativity firehose up to the max, and to give hope and assurance to any new players (and old) that their ideas can and will fit into SARP without being squished by what's already here.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
We spoke about this in the meeting tonight and it looks like we're go for this idea, so we're going to start encouraging it IC and OOC as opportunities arise.

To assist with this, we're making it easy for people to make their own maps using a custom-made map plugin as described in this thread:

Is there a good place for GMs to speak to one another about encounters in these zones?

RPG-D RPGfix
Back