• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP: YSS Kaiyō Operation Red Dress

SchererSoban

Office of post cheer.
Convention Veteran
RP Date
Early YE 44
RP Location
Southern Frontier
YSS Twilight - Southern Frontier.
Sakura Sjet
Wulf Soban
Operation Red Dress.
Early YE44

Sakura never thought she would be summoned back to the field. Far away from a comfortable teaching job and back to the front. She never thought it would be warranted unless war broke out again or some great calamity or cosmic horror. As she looked at the briefing room door she paused wondering why her friend had made this request and transfer. Though it wasn't officially from him it seemed he had gotten some pull of late.

As she waited for it to open from the ship's ai she adjusted her uniform one final time. As if sensing she was ready it swooshed open and let fresh air enter the room in a cold blast. At the center of the briefing room stood her old friend looking at a planetary map. As she entered the room she stopped less then a few feet away before holding a salute "Nito Hei Sjet reporting for duty". She could see his calm face break into a slight smile as he returned the gesture "Please be at ease and cut that out, not used to you being so formal".

Easing a bit up she studied her friend who she had not seen in a long time. Though he asked her to relax it seemed the tension hadn't left him. The problem with her friend was he was a product of the system and he never seemed to ease completely. She would often joke with him in private wondering who was made for the wars they seemed to fight.

Before she could think longer of other changes her friend was already staring off at the map. With his palm stretched out at the map I bet you're wondering why I want you here for this operation?' She nodded as he kept his focus on the map "I need you to help make this operation work and it has to be bold with flash". She was puzzled about what he meant but as she saw him have his hand at the side he knew it wouldn't be long.

There was a focus in his eyes as he went on "Over this world there are 3 orbital platforms with each of their fire control linked. Our goal is to turn the orbital guns back onto the planet and hopefully start another brushfire war". As she took a step forward and looked at the plan she knew it had a chance to work. Seeing the enemy unit markings on the ground it also looked like the right environment "Royal guard, former elite mercs and a horde of Rix, a powder keg that just needs a light" she saw her friend nodding along as she spoke. Though the war was technically done it seemed like official policy was to try and keep the survivors down and infighting. As she studied the map further "What about the civilian populace ? civil wars are never pretty". The smile on her friend's face faded as he replied "More fuel for the blaze, with the right percentage alive it should fuel the battle on the planet for a full 5 years.". Before hearing an almost defeated sign from him "Command says fully acceptable and that we should just focus on the operation at hand".

She remembered how much her friend hated glimmergold, an operation he called wasteful and fuel for a future war that even the empire wouldn't win. A war that is won by just pure destruction that left survivors that are not uplifted afterwards but instead hunted would breed something terrible in the dark if left alone, her friend once said. It seemed command wanted to prevent that and kept their rage and anger amongst themselves. Though there was something with the operation that spoke not of commands typically MO. Then the answer was there she spoke softly "You designed this operation didn't you Wulf?"

She saw him look away as he tapped the nearby console. He paused before replying "I did, I was told that if an operation was found out it should be bold and strike fear into the hearts of our enemies". As the map flickered out he looked at his friend "So here we are to continue the endless orchestra of war and though the tempo was slowed it never stops". He took a step forward with his hand raised out "So will you help me direct this symphony away from our home, even if it means burning everyone else". There she had it, it seemed her friend had resigned himself into the role he would play. He would fight no matter the cost and with regards to his personal view of how things should be conducted to be a weapon. As she took his hand "Of course I will though is there another way ?" He shook his head in response "No other way with what I have, as always simple mathematics we just don't have the time or resources". She nodded "Alright I'll write the program and you just have to deliver it. I promise I will be as bold as the operation's name". As they let go of their hands he nodded "Thank you well then I guess we should get to work then".

YSS Twilight - Southern Frontier.
Wulf Soban
Operation Red Dress.
Early YE44

Wulf was waiting in the wardroom waiting for the rest of his unit to arrive. Though no one was late so far he always hated the shuffle of the last few to arrive. When he saw a familiar red hair neko with the blue hair neko shuffle in he already knew what kept them. Signing as the crew had finally arrived he tapped a single button on a console, with it the world they were about to throw into chaos appeared. Clearing his voice "Alright its final time I got to fully explaining the upcoming operation". Tapping a few buttons a few figures appeared alongside the world "Operation Red Dress, named after one of our targets, a minor noble of the Kingdom of Kuvexia".

Keeping eye contact with the group of assembled soldiers ``According to saint intelligence she has a fondness of wearing red dresses to all functions and being part of the now defunct nobility of the fallen kingdom". Tapping twice to zoom in on her profile "Cause of her attempts to form a new smaller kingdom command has targeted her and her entourage for liquidation as to prevent a further threat to our southern borders' '. He saw a few of the older soldiers nodding along in agreement with the assessment. Tapping the console one more time to bring up the three factions located on the planet "In addition to this we are going to attempt to cause further distrust amongst the three major power players on the planet with the goal of causing infighting to prevent them from becoming a full time organized threat".

"The Kuvexian army regulars, the semi professional mercenary bands, and lastly Rixxikor shock troops are the main focus and due to the war it seems they each have quite abit of hatred for each other, with a little nudge it is hoped we can cause a full blow civil war on the planet". Before he could go on he saw Nito Hei Sarah raise her hand, giving a brief nod to allow her to speak. She was a little more timid amongst the crew as such it took her a second to collect her thoughts before speaking "Sir why not just send in a planetary invasion?". Though the question was sound and a logistical one to make he knew the goal was abit more long term thinking "Well command thinks it better to have our enemies infighting instead of engaging them piecemeal, the hope is that once they further wear each other out instead of several large scale operations that will take decades to finish off we let them do the work for us". He saw the neko nod a few times and then pondered it before seemingly getting the wisdom imparted.

Taking a quick sip of water before going on "Now in order to achieve this very ambitious aim this operation will require a few solid things to go right in order to complete this operation". Taping the console to pull back showing each target of the operation and three orbital stations. He smiled "First off Hei Sarah and Hei Jacob will liquidate the red dress, intelligence has her going to a important meeting on the planet in three days times, Saint will provide a insertion method for you two to infiltrate the planet in order to achieve this I hope your both up for this?" He saw them both stand up and give a quick "Yes Sir!" The sight always brought a smile to see the eagerness in his squad mates. Signaling to both to sit again " Good alright the next part of the operation I will be taking care of will be the insertion of a virus program that will take care of the orbital guns and turn them onto the surface". As the screen turned to a system view "I'll be using a mindy that will be on minimum power floating in with ship waste from a area that is frequently used by cargo ships as a dumping , the hope is the sensors will be unable to detect me in the debris and i'll be able to get into their defensive net before they know what is up''. Taking another sip as he saw a few of the older crew seem abit in disbelief of the plan "Now the rest will be on standby just out of system incase any team fails, if that happens the Twilight will jump in and attempt to complete both operations if need be". Putting down his water he gestured to the assembled crew "Any questions ?"

He saw a few shoot up. First he pointed to Sakura Sjet who had her's raised "Why not send more than just your self or the just the two for the assassination mission?". He nodded before he leaned on the railing "Well, simply less chance of detection and if a failure happens less personal loss incase plan b must go into effect". He saw a few hands go down and then pointed to Sarah again "Erm Sir what about extraction for those directly on mission?". He kept his smile "Well saint will be providing extraction for you two and for myself I will be using a teleportation system in my mindy that should hopefully work ''. He then saw a hand shot up from the squads demolition expert Nito Hei Tonya "Eh sir but how will this cause a civil war on the planet ?"

He saw a few nods at the question and though he didn't want to reveal the exact details "Well Hei Tonya Saint has provided the groundwork for that by planting false evidence point to each faction, hopefully they buy it". Seeing no other hands go up "Alright with that being the end of that you are all dismissed and lets have fun during this operation".

As the room cleared out Wulf started mentally preparing for what was going to be a fun space walk.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back