• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Submission [Origin Blade Works] Concussion Vambrace

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I don't believe that I was ever given the banner, but Kai named me as one of his co-FMs a while back. So far this looks fine to me, though I'm kind of curious as to what template this used, and I'd like to se the reviewer for this article use the checklist.

No template. Tbh i looked up origins blade works stuff on the wiki to see if there was some kind of template specific to it, Since a one off item wouldn't call for the same detail required for a full series of weapons.

There wasnt. So i used the same as the example weapons in the article, Considering it to be the standard.

Kai discussed this in his post resubmitting origin as a faction, and I believe he still might not have an FM banner for that, as well as neither Sageshooter nor I having co-FM banners.

This seems to be ready for an FM approval stamp from me.

Last edited:
Hello! Let's see if this submission meets the requirements for inclusion in Star Army's lore...

[ ✔️ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ ✔️ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template
[ ✔️ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ❌ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ ✔️ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate
[ ✔️ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels
[ ✔️ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern)
[ ✔️ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ✔️ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Here's some fixes this article still needs:

Random capitalization of Power armor needs to get modified, along with the and found here: "...or shape, And more..."

The random capitalizations are not necessary in the excerpt below. Moreover, I would re-word it to say, "capable of sundering armor" as well as tube-like with a hyphen:
"...Tube like barrels on its side that deliver a blast of directed force, Sundering armor."

Can you make note of what is inside? I am looking for what it is that is in direct contact with her hands.

Is the only added feature that it can shoot, basically? I don't think she is using ammo, she is using the concussive engine through those barrels, right? Does she need to be literally touching her target for this to happen (like at the point of contact of a punch) or can she just point n boom? Clarify that for me in-article, please.

Is there a reason it was not made current year?

Cute and good punch glove, I love.

i understand its not proper to capitalize after a comma, Just how i type ye know, and i fixed it~

As for the rest:

'S a vambrace. Not a full glove. It only takes up the forearm of a suit of PA, or in a stuipid case just the forearm of a person who maybe wants to play recoil roulette and dislocate and arm. Tbh i meant to edit away the glove part of that art but my HDD containing those saves has been corrupted and i dont have it anymore to fix.

I've fixed it so instead of ammo (It doesnt shoot anything physical. Just whatever the concussion engine from the OBW offers.) it now takes charge out of the battery so it cant be used to punch for infinity and beyond.

For current year... Su was supposed to join Eths plot, and i was working with them on this, And then the wesman wiped some of the WIP stuff and i forgot to update/move it/tell him to save it. So it was meant to be something she bought for that posting. but instead she saw no action so never got to use it and i had to remake it for this plot. So shes had it since Ye 40. But Su hasn't seen RP yet so she would have never used it. Also maybe some of us before deployments bought stupid stuff before we deployed and might never use but it was cool and we had money... I certainly did...

I miss anything else?

I made a small two word edit. Also, the punch glove thing was a joke, I get it's more than that, but seeing as I checked that the art was on the wiki last, it was on my mind and I had to say it haha.

Approved

RPG-D RPGfix
Back