• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Submission [Origin] Blastgun Technology

Firebrand

Inactive Member
Submission URL
https://stararmy.com/wiki/doku.php?id=corp:origin:blastgun_technology
Submission Faction(s)
  1. None (nebulas, etc.)
Submission Terms
  1. I agree
I wanted to make a thing for Kai and Origin, so I made a new form of plasma weaponry for Origin to use, based somewhat on the Powerguns from Hammer's Slammers in the details (coin rounds, extremely heated barrel, complete lack of penetrative power). I think its nice to have weapon tech that has clear drawbacks and strengths instead of all strengths.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Working on review. Will update soon.

First of all, I like the concept of Blastgun Tech. I do have an issue with the article, however. The issue is not hanging approval, it is more of a suggestion before I give it final approval:

I find the article lacks user/player-friendly organization and presentation. Which makes me question the usability and readability of the article. It has several "blob walls of text" format to it. I know that is hard to avoid when presenting something like this but I just think you should consider improving the organization and readability of the article.

Putting a 3 Day Timer up, Will present my final approval when the timer expires. Let me know if you decide to accept the suggestion above. (Expires: 1/19/2020)

Well someone else took this one. But I was gonna say also that the speed and range on this might be a little too high for a handheld weapon. Especially when you consider what would happen in atmo with those weapons.

@Syaoran we can both provide input it, No issues here! :) The more input on a submission the better.

Last edited:
I think I've mostly done all I can to make this readable. And yes, the weapons are supposed to be chonky and heavy in use, to balance out the light weight of the ammunition.

Since this is an article explaining the "Technology" and not an actual weapons submission, changes to existing weapons ie. requiring Damage Rating etc. I think it is good to go as it is, any actual weapons using the approved technology would, of course, have to go through the NTSE.

✅ Also since you made a few readability changes, I will remove the timer. Personally, the article could still use some readability improvements but I don't see that hanging up approval.

Hello! Let's see if this submission meets the requirements for inclusion in Star Army's lore...

[ ✅ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ ✅ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template
[ ✅ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✅ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ ✅ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate and are not broken
[ ✅ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels
[ ✅ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern)
[ ✅ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ✅ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✅ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back