• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Submission Origin: Garuda II Mecha

Kai

Retired Staff
Submission URL
https://stararmy.com/wiki/doku.php?id=corp:origin:m4_garuda_ii
Submission Faction(s)
  1. Yamatai (except Elysia)
Submission Terms
  1. I agree
Okay, so I was supposed to have submitted this like 4 years ago. Anyway, It has been updated and modernized, and partially uses the Power Armor template, though it deviates from such as a Mecha and a Power Armor aren't exactly the same. It carries weapons that hit significantly above its tier, but it suffers major drawbacks of being lightly armored and vulnerable, and the heaviest hitting cannons it can carry have extremely limited ammunition.

Also, some of the integrated weapons systems have not been updated, but I have provided DR V3 tier equivalents on the page for reference.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I believe there's actually a vehicle template, so that could be used but I'm not sure this is too much of a deviation from the norm. One thing I'm noticing is that it's faster than the M5 knight at the moment and I'm not sure if that's intended, since this seems like an artillery frame. I kind of want to work any kinks like that out before review starts just to make sure that this is exactly how you want it.

The Garuda has really light armor and its best defense is its speed, so yes, it's intended to be a bit faster than the M5. Keep in mind the M5 currently has some accessories that can boost its top speed and will have more in the future while the Garuda is kinda a 'what you see is what you get' deal.

I do apologize for this checklist having taken so long, unfortunantly things of this nature tend to be a bit more complex for this guy so I prefer to spend a bit more time looking at the information so as to try and not miss anything.

[ x ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ ️x ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template
[ x ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ x ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ x ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate
[ x ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels
[ x ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern)
[ x ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ x ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ x ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

From my point of view I do not see any problems, and no one posted any problems since the time this article was posted to the point I made this checklist. If I see nothing posted in regards to problems by the end of tomorrow, it'll be stamped.

Now for the final step in the process, will it sink or swim.. errr.. I mean will be fly and sail.. wait that doesn't sound right either...? BAH! Will it go into deep space already! :3

[ x ] 1. State clearly that the article is approved in the submission thread
[ x ] 2. Move the wiki article to its permanent (destination) location on the wiki
[ x ] 3. Move the submission thread to the Approved Submissions subforum or get a moderator to
[ x ] 4. Edit the article to add a link to the approval thread in the OOC Notes section
[ x ] 5. Link other articles to the approved article as appropriate (equipment lists, etc.)

Thus it is approved!

Woot, thanks! now I have my three Mecha types for my mecha plot. Next up will be the new ship class, whenever that gets finished, and me and some of the players are working up new accessories, yay.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back