• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

[Origin] Impulse Powered Armor

Some of the systems could use a little more detail.

Specifically, it would be nice to know what kind of power generator the Impulse uses. Aether, ala Yamatai? Antimatter, ala Lor? Or maybe some good old tried-and-true Fusion, courtesy of your best friend Nepleslia?

Also, boosters. Plasma impulse? Gravimetric? Ion rockets?

Those are all listed in the Backpack Modules page, which is a sub-article. I'll go and add that link to the first post to make it easier for you.

Could I get a review on this? I would like to know if there is anything horribly wrong with this, or if I need to change anything, either with the layout of the page or the submission itself.

I do like the customizbility. It's nice to see a classic powered-armor with lots of optional gear.

Feels very tight and gritty.

It's like an EVA suit on steroids.

Last post was three weeks ago.

Are there any comments or criticisms on this design?

If not then could a mod come and give this a good look-through?

Well, it's suffering from a severe case of random capitalization right now.

I went through and spellchecked the entire article, and the backpack sub-article. I hope I didn't miss anything.

Okay, here are a few items of concern:
hese hard points can be used to attach just about any PA-sized attachable weapons system, with the proper adapters

Origin is a Yamataian Corporation. I doubt that the manufacturers of PA equipment for other factions would be willing to provide the specifications for connecting and controlling their PA weapon systems. Nepleslian while not openly hostile to Yamatai, I doubt they would let NAM provide this kind of sensitive data to Origin.

Outer armor issues: Nerimium
Is expensive and heavy. And the Primary producer is NAM

Shields: 4 SP (Mecha scale)

Has multiple values on the backpack page which is missing the not for IC usage disclaimer. The above should say: Shields: Depends on backpack.

Nerimium is supposedly a common material that can be found througout the galaxy, occurring naturally in certain places. NAM isn't the only place that uses it, and there are a lot of previous Yamataian and Origin designs which use it. Also, the article notes its heaviness and mostly uses it as plating over the bulk of the armor.

Fixed the shield note on the front page, and added unapproved tag to the backpack page.

Also, the thing is that most of those attachable weapons systems are available on the black market, and it shouldn't be too hard for Origin to rig up a connector based on the existing pieces which they could easily acquire. Attachable weapons aren't usually the most sophisticated things and probably lack the security features of a full powered armor, and so could probably be run by another computer system if someone took the time to make a compatible driver for the system.

This review is for: Impulse Powered Armor

The submitted article is/has…
[x] A general topic sentence under the title header
[x] Artwork (illustrations are strongly encouraged for all spacecraft and handheld items)
[x] Needed and/or useful to the setting
[x] In the proper format/template
[x] Proofread for spelling and grammar
[x] Easy to read and understand (not a lengthy mass of technobabble)
[x] Wikified (terms that could be a link should be a link)
[x] No red and/or broken links
[x] Reasonably scientifically plausible
[x] Reasonably neutral point of view

The submitted article is/does not…
[x] Overpowered (or cutting tech for a faction with little or no roleplay)
[x] Obtusely redundant
[x] Contain copy pasta descriptions of systems or interior compartments
[x] Unauthorized by faction managers or player-controlled corporation
[x] Contain references to IC events that have not occurred (SM must authorize retcons)
[x] Use second-person language (“you” or “your”) unless it is an instructional guide aimed at players.
[x] Use bombastic language (“virtually immune,” “nearly indestructible,” “insanely powerful,” “horrible effects”)
[x] Use an unbalanced header/text ratio (many headers but sections are one-liners)
[x] Use major unapproved sub-articles that should be submitted separately
[x] Lacking Detail

The article has…
[x] Speeds in compliance with the Starship Speed Standard, if applicable
[x] Damage Capacity and Damage Ratings in compliance with the DR Guidelines
[x] The in-character year of creation/manufacture. (Should be current year. Future years not allowed).
[x] The Standard Product Nomenclature System, if applicable.

Summary
Note here if any serious issues are present. These are the issues that will hold up approval.

** Short description of the issue. If a longer explanation is needed, put it in Notes.

Notes
This field is for any extra description needed for the issues stated above or (as the name suggests) and additional notes you wish to state in the record regarding the item.

One suggestion would be to add nomenclature to the various backpacks

OI-M2-P3100 - Standard Backpack
OI-M2-P3101 - Assault Backpack
OI-M2-P3101 - Space Backpack

Last edited by a moderator:
Approved.

Same for the backpack, though I the review above I did suggest adding nomenclatures for them.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back