• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP [Origin Industries] OIF Reaper- Pre Recovery

And elsewhere her focus was indeed, Ventriss snuck a few quick glances to the other woman as she changed into work attire that hadn’t been there before - the volumetric thumb dragged her attention back to the conversation with the ship before the redhead chanced anything longer than a quick glance at her partner.

“Yeah no worries here, nobody is exempt from suffering the consequences of their actions - despite what some people in power may have you thinking, besides it’s not like my wallet is exactly overflowing right now so I’ll try to play nice with others.” Ventriss replied to Ged with a small chuckle at the end before she heard the Kitsune finish or at least mostly finish getting into her own gear and so she span on a heel the investigate where the attractive woman she was bunked with had been keeping her stuff.

The first thing the minkan noticed was the floating zipper which caused some confusion until she saw where something had displaced the bedding and it clicked with her what was happening. “Invisible bag huh? Neat little party trick you have there, are there any other magic tricks you have hidden on that hot little bod of yours?” Ventriss asked in quite an outgoing manner, seeing as there were no other people around besides them and whoever was clanking around in the hallway.

The computer too, but she felt a little indifferent about that.

Cargo Bay

Raff regarded Trey for a moment, he seemed like a nice guy which was rare from Raffaele's previous experiences. "I suppose some extra info would be rather helpful yeah, I had come down to see if I could help out with anything but it seems I underestimated how efficient you guys were. So if you have the time I'd love to get some details for the mission, preparation is half the job from my experience, kept me alive all these years hehe."

Shoving his hands in their pockets the short man closed his eyes and let out a sigh, this next part would be a little harder but it was necessary, especially since it had been his fault. "And. Sorry, for earlier, I lost my cool which wasn't cool and I don't feel proud of it." With that off his chest he waited to see what the response would be.

Bunks

Giada kicked back in her bunk, wrapping athletic arms behind her head with the pillow propping it up so she could see Ventriss. A curt smirk touched her ruby lips as her bunkmate piped up. "Like it, hmm-? I picked this up from a friend I met, one of the first prototypes of a line that's being made." The Kitsune kicked the bag lightly, it was very sizeable, likely barely fitting into the bed around her.

"Hot, huh?" A twinkle met her feline eyes as she rolled over a little in the bunk, to get a better look of Ventriss. "I would return the compliment but honey, you look like a tank right now." Giada winked playfully, though not provocatively as she placed a hand under her chin and sat up a bit to better talk to her colleage.

Cargo Bay

Trey surveyed the contents of the cargo bay, seeing what might be the best to tell the smaller man first. "Well, as you know, this is a recovery and salvage ship. Unlike most salvage ships, however, we aren't just sifting through debris fields trying to find anything of value. Instead, we're being tasked with finding specific things in specific places, typically dangerous ones, whether it be due to hostile forces or a hostile environment. Our first mission is no exception- We'll be heading into a very active and unstable asteroid field to recover something." Trey stroked his chin in thought, the scratching noise of a finger going over stubble apparent only to those with superhuman hearing, which were very few on this crew.

Trey sighed, not wanting to repeat himself later but knowing it was no good to dance around the true answer to Raffaele's question, so, he compromised and told him a little bit more, but still not everything. "That something is a valuable starship, that found itself a victim of circumstance and eventually into the asteroid field. We know roughly where it is, and what sort of condition it's in which is what these big things-" He paused to slap the large palletted Something that took up a large portion of the cargo bay, along with another of the same thing- "Are for. These are heavy fusion reactors that we're going to have to plug into not only the power supply but also the engines. We need people smart enough to rig up all this equipment and get that ship running again."

Port Cabins

A set of footsteps could be heard coming from the hallway, approaching the door to Ventriss and Giada's room. they would hear them, sounding as if they stopped in front of the door, but, alas, nobody could be seen. even upon investigation of the hallway, it became clear that it was still empty. Then that voice- the ship's computer- wafted in from the hallways. "With your permission, I have a Message!" Ged's voice called out, his tone mocking that of a serious military-type delivering something or reporting to a superior officer, however, it did not wait for an answer before continuing. "The message is! It may or may not benefit you to make your way down to the cargo bay! Do not worry about the ship taking off while you are ambulatory; the gravity systems in the ship will keep you stable. Now! Have a good day!" As Ged's voice finished delivering the message, the sound of footsteps retreating down the hallway could be heard, and yet, nobody was to be found for them to belong to.

Bunks

Ventriss put one hand against the top bed's railing and leaned forward to speak but not before the ship's AI did that... thing again and sent some shivers up her spine. "Be there in a moment, Ged" she called out to the hallway as the computer system mimicked footsteps and retreated.

The redhead leaned in even closer and spoke to her attractive Kitsune roomie, lowering her voice slightly into something a little deeper and more intimate. "Well work calls, I guess you might have to try and get me out of this a bit later" she said with a suggestive and quick raise of her eyebrows before the armoured woman span on her heel and began strutting off to the cargo bay with a side to side sway in her step, yelling out for all to hear. "Hey did we leave the dwarf behind? what a shame that would be." the words may have been teasing and spoken in a mocking tone but really she had no issues with the small nepleslian man - hell all that anger would probably be good if he applied it to his work.

Boots thudded against the ground as Ventriss entered the cargo bay with a dumb smirk on her face, "Two men alone in a cargo bay? recipe for a steamy disaster that is," was all she said to announce her presence. Despite all the joking and provocativeness she was taking her job seriously and respected the chain of command.

Cargo Bay

Raffaele listened intently as Trey spoke, a derelict ship huh this ought to be interesting at least. When the man started talking about hooking up fusion reactors to power the craft his face split into a wide grin, this is exactly what his skills would be useful for and he was happy that he could apply himself to this work. However it seemed this information was not supposed to be known to him just yet based on the tone Trey had adopted, and the way he hesitated to further explain. As his already identified arch nemesis entered and made herself known the little man had to physically stop himself getting into a fight with her, damn her smug face and substantial height and womanly charms. "They'll be a steamy disaster all right when you finally make me blow steam while I pummel your face." Raffaele shot back, somewhat halfheartedly as he forced himself to leave it and concentrate on Trey.

"Well that sounds like enough excitement for a first assignment alright, do we have any data on the asteroid field or a well mapped route to where it is so that we can avoid the same fate?" Raff asked, having switched into a slightly more serious tone which indicated he was interested and was trying to plan for the ordeal ahead. Had this been on his old ship they would have simply sent him out with a shield and some extra ammo in the junk pile they called a mech and told him to defend the ship. It was good practice but had cost the ship and the mech dearly in the form of some hull damage and a missing limb or two respectively. "Do we have any countermeasures, or a set of strong enough shields to brave the field?" He spoke, somewhat cautiously, trying to avoid being to optimistic at the possibility of using a mech or vehicle that actually responded when you wanted to turn left.

Last edited:
Bunks

Giada raised a foxy eyebrow as Ventriss, the armored mystery, disappeared out of the room. Curious and with nothing better to do, the Kitsune swung down from her bunk to the floor, fluffy paws making not more than a whisper as she touched down. Reaching up, Giada plucked her boots from the top and hastily zipped up the invisi-bag.

With practised ease, the amber-eyed woman slipped into the hefty boots, tucking her pistol into her mechanic's belt. Giada gave herself a quick once-over, smoothing the slightly too small Origin uniform as she composed herself and strode out of the room. The Kitsune's signature smirk touched her lips as she entered the Cargo Bay to the sight of her colleages.

Bridge, OIF Reaper

The brown-haired woman from the hallway sat in the captain's chair, looking incredibly disinterested in everything that was going on, as everyone went about their duties preparing the ship for takeoff. Hurgh Fuglynaim rushed in, blatantly later than everyone else, but didn't even receive as much as an eyeroll from the captain. "Sorry Cap'n Tenner!" the pilot hurriedly aplogized, sitting down at his station and readying everything at the helm. Next to him, a Geshrin, girl with red eyes and long rainbow-colored hair, sat at the navigator's station actually doing her job unlike the Nepleslian man who had spent entirely too long grooming himself.

"Nice of you to join us, Hurgh," the girl whose nametag read lumina quipped to the man, "The rest of us have already finished preparations so we've just been waiting on you." Hurgh grumbled a little bit in response to the remarks, but kept his mouth shut because he knew being smart with everyone wouldn't help.

"Awright Awright, I'll get us goin' then, quit yer fussin Shima," he finally said as he activated controls and got everything ready to go, waving off the girl next to him. When he had finished his preparations, the bored looking captain simply said "Go" without emotion or emphasis. Hurgh took no time waiting for the commands, and brought the ship up off of the floor of the hangar it had been sitting in on Dawn Station, the craft humming and thrumming, making a slight groaning as its weight shifted from the landing skids to the propulsion systems, and then the sounds changed slightly as Hurgh applied forward thrust, the ship making its way out of the atmospheric retention field, and then out into space. One final time, the sounds and vibrations changed slightly as Hurgh applied full thrust and the Reaper made its way away from Dawn station, and headed out of the sphere of gravity influence from the planet Ake.

Cargo Bay

Trey raised an eyebrow at Ventriss' comment, but didn't pursue a response to what she had said. Instead, he paid attention to Raffaele, short as he was, he had quite a bit of enthusiasm. "Well," the tall blonde began, thinking about it for a moment or two, "I know the bridge crew knows what they were doing, as for the ship, it was designed for salvaging, so an asteroid field should be no problem. We'll just say that the ship we're retrieving found its way through through a combination of power issues and its crew and captain's inexperience." He kept it short, but once the last of the new recovery crew members arrived, he motioned for the trio to gather around.

"Okay, so are all three of you settled in? I see that Giada is in uniform, though it looks like she may need it tailored. Ventriss? Is your uniform under that armor suit?" he asked, though he didn't wait for an answer. "Anyway, We're recovering a ship that's become stuck in an asteroid field, as I explained to Raffaele already. Our main task will be installing these two fusion reactors in the other ship and getting it up and running, once that's been accomplished, we'll need to get it out of the asteroid field, preferably under its own power. Any questions or concerns?"

Cargo Bay

Vetriss bobbed her head in agreement when the state of her uniform was mentioned, "It sure is sir" she answered truthfully, it may have been partially undone but the uniform was certainly being currently worn. The fiery-haired Minkan listened intently as the plan was laid out, it seemed straightforward enough and somewhat easy in theory although anything that could go wrong likely would... she just hoped the fusion reactors didn't adopt Raff's ability to blow his top.

"Just one from me, who is expected to fly her back? Not to brag but I'm a better pilot than most if you need me to be - should be easy enough" she piped up, hands finding purchase in her vest's neck-piece as she waited for a response. Ventriss felt the ship shift about slightly as they took off, but chose to divide her attention between the conversation and her Kitsune friend's tight uniform rather than what the ship was currently doing - it wasn't exploding yet and that was good enough for her.

Cargo Bay

A broken down ship in an asteroid field, huh? Sounded dangerous. Sounded like bonus risk payout. Giada waltzed further inside, nodding to their superior, silky hair jostling in place as she did. "Any idea what type of ship? Are we talking Nomad or Yui?" She asked with genuine curiosity, placing her hands lightly upon her filled toolbelt and leaning a little to one side, tilting her head as she did. "I've got some pretty heavy cutting tools in back unless.. Well, I guess everything we need is already here, mhm?" Swinging her amber eyes from one side of the bay to the other, she took in the clutter of boxes stacked high around them.

Cargo Bay

Raffaele nodded, he was glad the pilots were vouched for although he didn't really know how much Trey's word was worth, guess he'd find out in good time as he steadied himself during the liftoff, having been through thousands in his life he almost didn't move from the sudden shift. The neppleslian didn't ask anymore questions for now as it seemed like they would be told what they needed to know when they needed to know it. Something he was used to definitely, he didn't have any moral hangups if Origin decided to use the ship to blow up a village or smuggle weapons as long as he did his job and stayed out of too much trouble he'd be paid.

He did however notice something, the very subtle looks Ventriss was giving Giada. Raffaele didn't really know what it was but the joke she had made upon entering the cargo bay came to mind, only with the two females instead. Had it not been such a crucial time to remain focused the man probably would have made the joke too, but for now he needed to not start a fight. "How long till we are expected to begin Trey? Sorry if I missed it earlier, wrong headspace, I usually like to get as much info right before we start so its fresh and I can focus on it." he explained, he knew some people spent days beforehand going through plans but he was not one to be fully focused until hours before.

The Master Sergeant mentally took note of each question as it was asked, taking time to pay attention to each of the three new crewmembers.

"Well, I was going to do the piloting to get it out of the asteroid field, but if you'd like to then be my guest, more eyes on the bridge means we'll have an easier time navigating," was his first response, before he got to the next question. "As for what type of ship, it's a small experimental warship, a Serendipity class. Most people outside of certain circles have never head of them because Origin only built two. It's roughly 50% larger than a Kouken, though in the shape that this one is- It might be a little smaller than that. As far as how long until we're working? We've got about an hour jump to the asteroid field once we pass the Ake system's hill sphere, which will be in another ten minutes or so. I'd suggest getting familiar with some of our equipment in the mean time. We've got some industrial models of Impulse armor for some degree of protection out there, as well as the strength enhancement, plus we've got these two fusion generators, their fuel supplies, and the cables, hosing, and conduits you'll be needing to install them. plus, we've got some basic engineering packs, with all the tools you'll need to work on Origin products, and even some explosive, though, I'll handle the explosives since I think I'm the only one here with a Civil license to handle them."

As he spoke, Trey pointed to everything that he mentioned except of course the armors, which were up in the small hangar on the uppermost deck. "If you guys need to learn about any of the equipment or want some practice on using it, let me know. oh, and, before I forget, Giada, one of the Impulse armors has modified legs to fit your anatomy better."

Cargo Bay

Hearing Trey mention custom armour Raffaele had a sudden thought, while he'd never call himself short in public he knew it was the case and in this situation may even prevent him from getting in on the action. Sighing inwardly he knew he'd have to ask, which would give Ventriss a perfect opening to go for if she so desired but the mission was more important than his pride, he tried to tell himself.

"Uhh not to be that guy but I am indeed that guy who has to ask. Do you're impulse armours come in... my size?" The Nepleslian spoke, almost through gritted teeth as though he was angry at the request itself. Raff avoided looking at either of the girls and kept his focus on Trey, trust falls could come later for now it was important that he made it clear to Trey that he meant business despite the initial issues he seemed to bring up the cargo ramp with him.

Cargo Bay

Ventriss drank in all the information as it was given to them, making sure to note down the location of each piece of hardware and even going so far as to think up a question about how basic the engineering packs were when the midget piped up before her with his own question. It was a reasonable one too and one the Minkan had on her mind since she saw the dwarf of a Nepleslian, skills were good and all that but his body seemed rather... non-standard and it helped if he could at least reach up to the control panels, sure she gave him shit about it but that didn't overrule the facts that were laid out bare for all to see.

He was small, he needed a quick way of being taller - or at least a way to fake it.

"Hey uh, Raff was it? In the likely event they don't have anything to fit your... yeah anyways, give me fifteen minutes at a fabricator and I can whip up some kind harness for you - and don't you refuse my fucking offer," the redhead suggested, her tone equal bits wanting to help but not let down her defences as a gloved hand moved to quickly ruffle the midget's hair.

Cargo Bay

Raffaele physically had to restrain himself from getting into a fight with a tall woman wearing body armour, while it would have been completely logical for him to simply be overjoyed at the prospect of getting to use a standard armour through the good grace of a stranger the small Nepleslian could only see red.
She touched his hair, and like a child no less.

"Yes, I'm Raffaele." He slowly replied through his teeth, "And while the offer is kind please don't touch me like some kind of child, I'd rather not get into a one-sided fight right now." The small man relaxed his tensing muscles a little and tried to calm down his boiling blood, being called short and made fun of for it was something he had learned to more or less deal with non-violently most time, but being treated like a child was like shooting a crocodile. The man was ready to latch on and execute a death roll fueled by rage, barely stopping himself from going at her.

"And what if i was to refuse your offer, it's not like you need me there by the looks of things. It's clear you've seen some fighting before and the two fo you seemed to have clicked." He said, gesturing to the anthro woman with them and Ventriss, he really just wanted his mech back where cockpit size was of much less concern than fitting into the bloody suit of armour.

"Hey now, Let's all be respectful, here. I've got kids of my own, and you sire, are not one, so I'd have to agree, sure he's small, but let's make sure we at least treat him like an adult. Either way, it's in our best interest to get that worked on before we go out on the mission. Why don't you all follow me up to the Hangar?" Trey had stepped in quickly, before things got too out of hand, and just as quickly as he had stepped in, he took off, making his way up to the hangar which served as their power armor bay and beckoning the trio to come with him.

"We've got a service area up here with some fabrication tools like a press and a lathe, and some raw durandium and other basic matierials you can use. but first, I want to see just how far off our friend here is from what can comfortably pilot one of these things. Raffaele?" once arriving at the hangar Trey took no time in getting started, pointing the things out as he spoke of them, finally stopping in front of one of the very standard Impulse armors, which appeared to be the cheapest of the cheap base models, not the nicer military spec or even the standard model.

"Why don't you hop into this one and we'll see how it fits?" he asked the small Nepleslian, grabbing the armor and pulling the helmet off, then opening it as wide as he could and then looking around, a little puzzled. "Hrmm, I wonder if there's a step ladder around?"

A small frown snuck onto the redhead's features as they began moving up to the hangar, the hand that had been playfully jostling the midget's hair quickly retreated once he had shown signs of hostility as her brow ever so slightly furrowed - people were always too quick to judge, her amongst them, but she at least tried to stay open minded. "I... for once there weren't any offensive intentions, I was just trying to lighten the mood sheesh..."

Ventriss let out a sigh as they moved up to inspect the racks of armour, it was true she had taken a liking to her fellow female recruit but it was kind of hard not to with that face and those hips...

"Ahem," The Minkan cleared her throat, more grabbing her own attention back to the current situation than anything else. "Well you're an angry little bastard so it'd be a shame to see all that pent up anger go to waste, I'm sure a b-" she was about to say big, but took a brief second to reword her statement. "Strong, purebred Nepper like yourself wouldn't mind showing a dainty little thing like me just what you can do inside that suit," Ventriss bit her lip as she finished waving her hands about, she could have prodded Raf further and called him a chicken - but there was a fine line between challenging somebody and then straight up antagonising them.

Hangar

Off to the side of the room, an OriSec guard finished reassembling his "Fatboy" laser rifle, locking in the detachable stock firmly and examining the digital display sight, before hoisting it up to rest against his shoulder, hand on the grip but finger safely off the trigger. He looked up at the group and began sauntering over with a lazy smirk on his face, greeting Trey with a casual nod and tip of his Security ballcap. The motion draws attention to a healed-over scar horizontally along his neck.

"How's it goin', Sarn't? These the new blood? Pleasure to meet you all. I'm Corporal Robin Weiss. So, we headin' out soon? Er, I'm coming with, right? I'm starting to feel a bit cooped up in here." He took a moment to look the others over closely, his eyes eventually lingering on the shorter man and the suit he was intended to don. "Hey, man. No offense meant, but d'ya need a hand? No shame in it. Can't help how we're born."

Last edited:
Cargo Bay

"Lighten the mood for who exactly, and don't try to flatter me, I have no doubt you know exactly what you're doing so cut the crap ok." Raff let out a long breath and closed his eyes, he knew her type to a degree and just wanted her to leave him be for a moment so he could figure out what he was going to do about stupid standard armours. "Those kinds of cheap tricks just insult the intelligence of whoever you use them on, although I'm sure if it works then its just the truth about them. And you've already pissed me off so don't bother trying to be flirty either, save it for your girlfriend."

Purebread, what a joke, he was far from it with his absurd height which had seen him wind up with all sorts of reputations over the years, to the point where he was called the child of a man and a mouse. Seeing the other man saunter over Raff couldn't help but curse to himself as he got the same treatment again, at least he was being straight to the point and trying to be helpful but there was plenty of shame. "No offense right back, but do you actually know what it's like in my position? Now if you'll both excuse me I'm going to work on this suit myself because, despite my 'childish height' I am a seasoned mechanic and have been in similar situations in the past."

Cargo Bay

Typical goddamned crybaby Nepleslians, Ventriss could feel each angry thump her artificial heart was making rebound up through her temples as the redhead gritted her jaw in silent protest - she just wanted to help, shit she wished more people capable of helping out would do something other than sit around on their lazy asses all day.

The Minkan's neck could be seen moving slightly as her muscles began tensing up, she had to stop herself as she realised one hand was going for the artificial diamond knife on her hip - letting a long breath trickle out from her lightly bloodied, peachy lips as she loosened her jaw. At least he hadn't insulted her, now that would have been nasty for both sides and she needed this job badly.

"The world is not out to get you you know," Ventriss grunted out as she gave Raff an elbow-shove on the way to her own suit of armour, looking around the neck for the release mechanism their boss has used to open up the midget's suit. It took her very little time to find the two parts of the release mechanism and split the suit open like a clam, she looked up to the newest person they met and offered him a forced smile as Ventriss began poking around her suit.

"Well it's good to meet you, corporal, we can use more capable people," the Minkan spoke, resisting the urge to spit something at Raff before she introduced herself. "I'm Ventriss - just Ventriss as I'm sure you've been told, nice to meet you."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back