• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP [Origin] OIF Karakoram; re: Start!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kai

Retired Staff
RP Date
Late YE 40
RP Location
OIF Karakoram
Dawn station was the center of the universe, at least, if you asked anybody who had worked for Origin Industries long enough. to be sure, the bulk of Origin's manufacturing and commerce took place on this one station, with resources from the planet below and the asteroid field surrounding all going into the huge industrial machine that was Origin. The latest display of the industrial might of Origin Industries was a new ship class, the first entirely new ship class in several years, rather than just a refit or upgrade or licensed copy of something else. The craft was the Karakoram-class, a Mecha carrier, and the namesake ship, the OIF Karakoram, was being put into service almost as soon as her trials had been completed. Instead of simply protecting cargo, however, this ship would have a different mission- To seek and destroy a band of pirates that had been harassing certain shipping lanes that Origin used, ones that were outside the normal jurisdiction of one of the national militaries.

To this end, the Karakoram carried a selection of Mecha, with a team of pilots pulled from all over the Kikyo sector, and even beyond. It was, of course, a ragtag group, as Origin never did anything with the strict adherence to rules and regulations so favored by the military, instead selecting people based on merits and forgiving certain transgressions that wouldn't affect the mission at hand. The theory was- If the pirates weren't a regular force, then a regular force likely would be unable to defeat them, at least not in a manner that suited the megacorporation, anyway.

Unlike a myriad of other ships that had launched on missions from Dawn station, the OIF Karakoram was large enough that it couldn't comfortably fit itself back into one of the bays after it's launch- the bays large enough to hold it were simply already in use, building more starships, and so, it instead waited, docked alongside one of the massive arms of the space station, a gantry making the best mode of transportation to the ship. there were two- one heading to the upper recreation deck and one heading to the lower cargo deck, both of which were currently rather busy, as there were quite a few supplies to move as well as a number of crew that needed to board.

Standing in the terminal of Dawn Station that lead into the upper boarding gantry, there was a short, fiery redheaded of a freespacer wearing an armored pilot suit- likely to keep the radiation from her chest rather than keep anything out, as there were numerous radioactive rods buried into her person. She was, currently, stretching, as she had been waiting a while for the mecha pilots- her charges- to show up, so they could begin the boarding process as well.

"Maaaan! Why am I the only one here early? Except for maybe her... she might have accidentally went to the wrong terminal.." the 'spacer thought aloud, before shrugging it off and beginning to stare intently at those who were boarding the ship- Origin uniform after Origin uniform greeted her, and her intense stare made more than a couple of them a bit uncomfortable, hurrying past and hiding their faces as they were being scrutinized by the small woman looking for a few specific people out of the 120 or so people whom would eventually board the large ship.

Destiny was at least a head taller then most everyone who boarded the ship, if not more, so it wasn't tough for the Lorath woman to stand out. Beyond that, her regal bearing, the way she walked with that sense of confidence and standing would force her to draw looks. She was an ex-queen after all, it was to be expected that she stand out above the rest. But yet somehow she didn't seem to care to stand out or really rub it in. It was simply who she was...

Heavy footfalls resounded up the ramp as her armored lower body connected with the ramp. Over her shoulder rested the upper half of her personal armor which forced down one of her wings, at her hip rested her sword, sheathed as it usually was lately. Since her recovery it had become a bit more then a ornament, yet it reminded her of home so at her side it would stay.

She had been told they would be meeting their squadron leader here today at the entrance to the ship, so the Lorath woman's ice blue eyes scanned the area silently.

OIF Karakoram

Sharlett Von Killian was very excited and only a little bit nervous to finally be going out into the unknown. She had trained hard for this day and was going to make the best of it. To start off she was wearing her Origin uniform though it seemed a little small. Granted it did show off her plump hips and luscious chest very nicely. Her soft fluffy white ears with red tips swiveling around to take in all the sounds. She wore a large smile, wearing a very bright red lipstick. One would be able to spot her from across the hanger. Her golden eyes looking like a light house beacon. As she walked each step was one of confidence and pride. She felt good and wanted everyone to know it. Her white tail with red tip flowing behind her like waves of the sea.

As Sharlett moved in the general direction of the ship she took notice of a very tall woman. Glad to see there are other strong woman on this ship. She thought to herself as he continued to walk. She was looking to see someone who looked to be in charge and introduce herself to them. It did not take long for her to notice a woman staring people down. She walked over to her.

Last edited:
A woman just shy of being six feet tall could be seen lugging a beat-up duffle bag on a trolley behind the Origin uniform she had been given - it may have looked good on her as it hugged the Minkan, Human, Geshrin - hell she could easily pass as a Nepleslian if you looked close enough at the muscle definition under her uniform - but truth be told the only reason the raven-haired woman was wearing this dumb uniform was because somebody was rather convincing when they said she wasn't going to be allowed on the ship otherwise.

It didn't mean she was happy, but at least they let her bring her beat up old suit along - nobody dared argue that point, hence the reason there was a large box on the platform that hovered along behind her - Monica didn't pay any of the other people much mind as she dragged the hover-trolley up the ramp and onto the ship, the tall woman caught her eye though - why the fuck was she allowed to wear plate but Mo wasn't.

"Hey, tall woman with the clanky legs," her somewhat deep voice rumbled out as Monica tried to get Destiny's attention. "Why the fuck can you wear your shit but they cram me into this monkey suit?" the ravenette asked, looking somewhat uncomfortable in the form-fitting uniform.

"Because apparently I have manners." Destiny responded to Monica with a raised eyebrow. It stretched the scarring over her eye to make it seem a little wider, yet her ice blue eyes took in the smaller woman.

"You find an issue with my choice of outfit?" She asked as she turned to face Monica a little more now. Her uncovered arms showed a bit of damage yet definition as well as she scanned the area. She too would lock onto the Spacer that seemed to bs staring people down and without really qaiti g for an answer from the rude woman, began her treck up the ship to meet the Spacer. She would fall in a step or two behind Sharlett as she closed in.

"OOH!" Nora squeaked when her scanning picked up several faces that matched those in the database she had uploaded to her mindware. "It looks like the first few have arrived!" She started to jump, waving one of her arms furiously above her head to make sure that everyone could see the tiny type three freespacer as she called out to them.

"Mecha team!" JUMP "Over here!" JUMP "Gather round!" the short, excitable redhead shouted, trying her best to get the attention of the three women whom had appeared thusfar.

Zeke waited in the lift as terrible elevator music wafted from the speaker. To be honest he preferred rock, or at least a good orchestral piece. But that wasn't important, which he made clear by checking his uniform for the umpteenth time. A habit he had never shaken from his years in the military, but he needed to show he here to work.

Idly be played a minigame on his implant, seeming unfocused until the doors finally opened. The que for him to finally get out of this damndable elevator, which he gladly did with a brisk pace and a sense of relief. Zeke weaved between personnel as he made his way to the terminal. At 6'2 he was decently tall, his blonde hair which was spiked somewhat making picking him out not too difficult. Good thing he had sent his things aboard ahead of time.

Dragging his gear through here would have been a nightmare. It wasn't hard to spot the tall Lorath and his pace brought him along side as he steadily began to pass them. He could already tell these two would be quite the characters, at least he'd be working with people with personality.

Zeke melted out of the crowd as he hurried to stand where the freespacer woman could see him, "Ensign, Zeke Rykiel, reporting for frame team duty."

Jennifer Zeromus herself was busy with a different task. Keeping the workers managing supplies from screwing something up. While she too had the Origin uniform, she wasn't wearing it. Heavy boots, cargo pants, and a 'wife beater' shirt which showed the sports bra she wore. Of course, she was busy helping get a package that'd broken off the pallet carrier it'd been on back onto the carrier, so was sweating as much as the rest of the workers lifting it. They could have gotten a suit to help, but time was vital and there were extra hands around for a reason.

"AN' UP!" She growled, as the ad-hoc team got it back on finally with a dip in the hovering device. "Nex' time, dun't you be tryin' to do no road stunts on the damn'd thing! It's a cargo pallet carrier, not s'me street hot rod!" She instructed, pointing at the driver of the pallet carrier, before walking back over to her jacket and pulling it on. "Dam' ijits." She grumbled, putting an unlit cigarette in her mouth, which began to bounce as she spoke.

"Yeah I have an issue with it, I'm jealous they let you clunk around all the want while my suit is so clos-" Monica was cut off as she tilted her head toward the spacer and then the guy who announced himself all official-like, letting out a small scoff at his apparent subservience. Mo supposed the house-keeping bullshit was a necessary evil if she wanted to get paid for punching things - to be quite frank that was a big reason why she was here at all, so the ravenette reluctantly hauled her pile of crap over to the small 'spacer and grunted out her information.

"Monica, or Mo, ensign I guess - no surname," the last part of that admittance was spoken with a bit of spite as Monica crossed her strong arms and diverted her ocean blue eyes away from the group.

Last edited:
Sharlett could not help but giggle at the young girl who was bouncing around all excited. She looked the girl over from head to toe and smiled even more. She ran her hand under her boobs feeling confident in her figure. Though she was kind of cute. She made her way over to the excited girl.

"Hey girl. I am Sharlett, are you the person in charge around here?" She said with a warm smile. She was happy they was another who was more her size.

Monica's shoulder-length raven hair swished around a bit as she whipped her head back around to the commotion that had spawned out of nowhere, eyes widening as she saw the box on her hover-sled begin falling over - Mo rushed around and pressed her arms into it, clothing going somewhat taut against her muscled arms as heavy-looking thing was forced into a stable position once more.

The so-far moody ravenette breathed a sigh of relief before finally looking down at the aftermath of it all, seeing a young boy with his head pressed into the tallest woman's lap was... an odd sight indeed.

Mo couldn't help herself as she let out a snort that turned into a rather happy chuckle at the situation, headbutting somebody in the womb was one hell of a way to make an entrance people won't soon forget.

The crate-toting woman moved back around to join the group with a hand on each hip, speaking down to the two with a playful tone, "He's a wee bit little for that, don't you think?"

Once she was sure that the rest of hte work would be fine without her, Jennifer checked her watch, and gave a 'tich' of annoyance. "Dam' ijit took more time th'n he shoulda." She states, realizing she was late for meeting the rest of the mecha pilots. Walking towards the nearest lift, she hit the switch to go the deck that the passenger umbilical was on. Still not having lit the cigarette in her mouth, because she'd get into all kinds of trouble with it while on the station.

As the door opened, she walked, hands stuffed into her pants pockets. Thankfully, the coat made her appearance look more decent despite being left to hang open. Soon finding the turn to the right section (not that hard really) she quirked an eyebrow as she approached. "'ey! Everyone 'ere standing like a gaggle of schoolkids on th' yard waiting for th' te'cher..." She called out, soon reaching the group. "Ya'll the mecha pilots right?" She says, knowing Nora already, having helped haul her mecha onboard already with a bit of help.

Last edited:
"Jealousy is such an ugly thing..." Destiny muttered and smirked a bit as she readjusted her armor on her shoulder before she looked to Nora as the others introduced themselves. She opened her mouth and started to answer.

"De-... Fate. Fate Fyunnen. Ple-HURK." Destiny was midstep to hold her free hand out to the woman as she was bumped into. Normally such a small man would bounce off her, the 6'7" woman was well muscled and had a solid frame, yet the akward footing, the off balance stance and the weight of her armor was the perfect storm.

As Charles ran into her and she began to stumble, she took a step back ti try and steady herseld only to step onto her hair. Her head ripped back which threw her off even more. Metal armored went down with a crash as she follow shortly after. Her back hit the armor which sent a shooting pain up her spine, and the heavy presence on her lap made her look down. There was annoyance in her icy blue eyes.

A heavy hand found the back of his neck and gripped it a little tightly as in an impressive show of strength she hoisted him off of her lap, stood, and held him to be face to face with her. His feet would be noticeably off the floor...

"You dumb berog chew toy do you pay attention? By Ifmir I knew our men were dumb and clumsy but that was terrible. Just what do you think I am?! A crash pad or something!" She nearly shouted at him all in Lorath as she looked him in the face.

Last edited:
Nora seemed to get happier as more and more people started showing up, and all the faces were matching those brought up in her mindware. And then, the sound, of a small-framed person running, dragging something, and Charles made his, well, his entrance, crashing into the giant Lorath woman withsomehow enough force to knock her over despite his small size. "Impressive" the Freespacer thought as she watched it all unfold before her.

"Well, Uhh, ma'am would you mind putting the new recruit down? And, Uhh, what was your name again, I didn't catch it the first time," Nora said to Destiny, making a less than subtle smile and wink as a suggestion that the woman pick a name that wasn't another famous Lorath woman whom she had been associated with in the past.

"Now now, one at a time, and no need to be so formal. I already know who you all are, anyway!"

Charles in Destiny's grasp, helpless and unable to force her to let him down, so he just hung there. "I'm so, so sorry miss! I didn't mean to run into you! If there's anything I can do to make it up to you, I'll do it."

Charles then rotated himself awkwardly around to face Nora, despite being still suspended in the air by Destiny. "Sorry, I didn't get a chance to introduce myself. I'm Charles, I was only just selected for the Karakoram yesterday. I didn't really have much time to get ready, so I was in a bit of a rush to get here."

Destiny just grumbled as she shot Nora a look before her eyes icy blue eyes turned on Charles again. Without much ceremony, she dropped him to the ground and grumbled a little.

"Oracle. My name is Oracle Fyunnen. Fate was a... friend of mine." She offered before she bent down to pick her gear up. She picked up a rather simple looking helmet that looked to only cover the sides of her face and forehead, and a breast plate with some ornamental gold wire embelishment to the edges. Her sword had to be readjusted at her hip as she took a step away from Charles.

A slip up already in her attempt at keeping herself lowkey, partially from her own mistake and partially from the little runt.

A great start...

Last edited:
Zeke side stepped over, and around the group to be by Jennifer. "Um yeah that's us, though I'm sorry to say you found us......uh, at an awkward time.", He said with a slight grin.

He offered the woman a hand, "Zeke Rykiel."

Last edited:
Monica's laughter died down into a few post-event chuckles as she rubbed her eyes one at a time with the middle-knuckle of her pointer finger, the dark eyeliner around the ravenette's blue eyes had been smokey before and now it was the tiniest bit moreso as it was faintly smudged - intensifying the blues and whites of her eyes.

"Monica," she said again, this time it was less of a growl and more an actual introduction however as the woman crossed her strong arms under her chest and shifted her weight a bit more to one side. "Mo is easier though and a hell of a lot more accurate, so people tend to go with that but whatever," Monica finished her introduction with a shrug at the last bit, people would call her whatever they wanted and she couldn't stop that.

"Jennifer Zeromus. I'm yer head frame mechanic." She said, wanted to let them find out that she's also one of the pilots. "All yer mech's 're racked up an' ready to go." She stated with a quick point of her thumb over her shoulder towards the mecha bays of the ship. "Supplies're almos' dun loadin'. Just waiting on ya'll to walk th' umbilical an' settle in."

It was looking to be one of those days. Herding a gaggle of pilots who couldn't seem to keep from causing messes or trouble. Jennifer knew she was going to be busy regularly if this was the case of them when in the mecha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back