• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Character Oshi Sana

Character Approved!

I noted the use of "Asian" and "Caucasian" several times in the description. Is there any way you can be a little more descriptive and avoid using those terms? They tend to be grossly overused here, as my Japanese friend Sekiko (who RPs here) pointed out.

Now, to get you on a starship!

Here I go again : pre-made histories like this are bad. I suppose it's better than some other ones I read but it still seems like you've done too much for a new character.

I disagree, Jadg. That may be so for a character who is under a year old... but bear in mind the faction.

I think older characters SHOULD have events to fill their lives on occasion. Granted, many will simply have lived their lives like everyone else - but are there not people who HAVE led very interesting and/or eventful lives?

As for skintone... caucasian tells me so little. ^_^ European, yeah. There's so many different distinctive skintones within Europe. Slavic peoples, for example, have a tendency towards a slight sallow yellow hint to their skin, while British, Spanish, French, Portugese, are often among the most pale.

I'll stop now before I go into the same rant I gave Wes a week ago... -_-

Yes, some people lead interesting lives, but I don't think you should write out that they're special right off the bat. The reason I always talk about this is probably because this sort of thing happened in Ayenee to a much worse degree, and I've played with people like that. I just think it's more logical to make the character and have the interesting events that make them who they are happen in RP. At the old forums I was always talking about how pre-made histories are bad and you should RP things out instead of writing crap about them. I think it's more natural to have important events happen in RP where there are other people involved, because writing one out is sort of artificial. I had sort of stepped back because everyone is still writing histories anyway, and I've changed it from "just don't write one" to "if you really want to write one, just make sure it doesn't involve a lot of other characters" which is what I said to you.

Anyway, this person already sent me a message through the board and I told them it's not really a big deal.

lol

I agree most characters should probably not be wierd and heroic. But there will be characters who ARE... and I'd rather see people writing and expressing themselves in a cliched and overdone manner than being afraid to express themselves because too many people are involved.

I actually saw a post on another RP put in a "To be Fixed" forum because it was about a character wallowing in self pity instead of doing her job on her starship.

WHY? Not every player character has to be composed and heroic. I very much disagreed with the admin's actions in that case. If I find something unacceptable, I will let people know.

That said, this bio is fine. The promotion makes sense (since I start new player characters at one rank above the bottom anyway) and the history is not stepping on anyone else's toes.

Thanks for all the discussion, guys.

I went through the bio even though its ok I changed some words around the best I could. But for face style I had trouble avoiding japanese facial structure. I had a hard time thinking of a short description that made some since and people could picture the character.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back