• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Approved Submission Osman Heavy Industries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Hart

FM of NDC
🎖️ Game Master
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=corp:osman_heavy_industries#exodus
I do not consent to this gross misrepresentation of why they left. There is no canonical evidence to support FSC being a "ruthless syndicate" and as was clearly stated before OHI could not have possibly known about their aggressive tactics unless they were in fact related to the economic terrorists. Additionally, there were no violent fluctuations in the value of the Ark mark. FSC has always exchanged this currency for 1DA. It would appear that the entire history needs to be rewritten as this is an obvious violation of my player rights as this had neither my written consent nor factual canonical occurrences.
I will be sure to comb through RPs for any other IC libel for decanonization

The article was approved months ago as canon with no objections.

If you want to suggest changes, provide an alternate text, preferably with citations linking to all the relevant RP content supporting the statements in it, and I will consider a retcon of the article.

I don't mean to be rude, @Rizzo - nor am I trying to take "sides" - but...

@FrostJaeger, you make some points.
• The only people who died were committingacts of violence.
• This is the definition of syndicate in the financial world, and Candon is a SAINT Operative so information control isn't hard. Again, he was fighting terrorists and applying pressure on companies that were trying to take advantage of the temporary inability of FBS to convert currency.
• Again here it wasn't a real fluctuation in value, it was a temporary shutdown of FBS while they tried to fix their financial issues. Furthermore Nepleslia is not FBS and the deal they made with USO was never made with the banking service. It's a simple case of the local bank out bidding the Nepleslian banks to profit off of interstellar trade. On 188 if you want to do business planetside you need arkmarks and you get that from FBS.

I believe the above information, and the fact that Alex has weaponized player rights already justifies a retcon on the grounds that he has misrepresented the situation AND has made my creation his antagonist. @Wes, his current write up associates OHS with terrorists. He didn't have real IC circumstances to leave so he has invented them. The only text I could propose without making his faction an antagonist is that a mysterious writer with no concept of 188 events twisted the truth... again. It's not exactly the first issue with his reality not lining up with actual reality.
Furthermore, I do NOT consent to MY SUBMISSION being represented in this manner on his article.

I've reviewed the evidence presented by both parties and I agree with Frost. The Arcmark's value clearly suffered, regardless of the fixed exchange rate, and Candon was going around actively murdering people to promote the Arcmark and his control of the currency, which does seem to make the FSC a ruthless criminal organization (I mean we could use another word besides syndicate if you want to get into semantics).

After looking at the arguments from both sides it's clear that the article seems to be accurate as written and approved. I don't see any need to change it.

DO NOT BULLY USERS TO LEAVE THE SITE
Dude, no innocent parties would have died. How can you say that? Candon wasn't murdering people. Economic Permanence showed that the party involved in the fighting had murdered civilians. Why do you keep protecting Alex? He's been caught three times in lies. Are you afraid he'll leave to another RP? I'll be honest, that wouldn't be a bad thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's been caught three times in lies
You keep accusing Alex of lying but you're not being honest. As an example:
Candon wasn't murdering people
There's literally a post linked in this thread showing Candon murdering a guy.
Are you afraid he'll leave to another RP? I'll be honest, that wouldn't be a bad thing.
I'm giving you a warning for bullying as well.

Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back