• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: 188604 Pay Grade

A

Ace

Psychopomp Training Facility, Combat Room Lobby

Team Jericho had been called to the facility for it's new members to participate in a mock fight to determine their ability and from that their monthly salary and the services they would have access to within the company.
The grader stood in front of the group with the team leader Michael. "You've been scheduled to partake in combat test today. How you do here will determine your salary and the services within the company you will have access to. I will grade you on many things while you perform tests. you will not know what the next test is or how many there are for you to take. The first test will begin in 5 minutes. This first test is a one on one with the sparring subject. All of you shall enter the sparring rooms when your ready. Only myself and your team lead will be able to see you however. You may not bring weapons into the testing room for this round." The grader would say before motioning to the entrances to the staging rooms for the test.

Last edited:
Lazarus stood off to the side and watched, his cold emotionless eye watching every person as if they were just another ant on the hill. He had been bored, so watching new recruits fight was slightly enticing. His cybernetic lower jaw gave a faint click as it shifted in annoyance. The cause, he wasn't even sure about.

Triske left his weapons next to the door and walked into the testing room. He let his instincts take control from that point. All he thought was that he must survive and win. Losing was never an option to him. His father taught him that the hard way.

Last edited:
Psychopomp Training Facility

Valentina stood near the left side of the group, which was mostly made up of new recruits to Team Osiris. Having been grown in the biosynthesis labs in only the last year, Valentina was extremely young, but she was extensively trained and implanted, hosting a full suite of internalized cybernetics within her incredibly small form. If solely observed from her outside appearance, Valentina seemed to be a three-foot tall humanoid woman, with a curvaceous and toned body. In essence, she appeared to be physically capable, but not superhuman, by any means. As if to reinforce the deceptive nature of her appearance, Valentina was clad within a tight-hugging black tank top and an equally form-fitting pair of black volleyball shorts, which made for an incredibly feminine and nonthreatening visage.

Valentina was confident in her strength and skill, but after her recent humiliation and defeat at the hands of a blonde-haired elf, the diminutive super soldier knew that she had much to prove and much more to learn. In the past few weeks, she had trained, sparred, and studied with the manner of an ascetic. By all means, she did not intend to fail today, no matter the price.

After taking a deep breath, Valentina walked inside of the staging room and waited quietly for the test to begin.

Lazarus watched as the two entered, his eyes recognizing the man known as Trisk. Oh he remembered fond memories of almost torching him alive. The newest addition however, held more interest to him. She like him, had received all if not most of the available enhancements, and augments. The only real difference was experience, as where he had been active for a couple years, she had been for little more than a year.

Analytically she had promise, physically she had the perfect appearance for lowering her targets guard, and performance. Well despite her defeat by Weiss, she had performed well, her kills efficient and her shots on the mark. He decided to move closer as to be heard, for whatever reason, communication to be guessed.

"Greetings agent. I wish to convey positive feedback on your performance during the previous operation. You achieved an efficiency rating of 96%.....this is proficient.", He spoke through the speaker in his cybernetic with an odd digital quality.

There better was a damn good reason Weiss was called to this particular outpost. And more specifically, to a dusty, shabby arena. Where she was informed she had to... instruct and orient newer recruits. Well, she argued she couldn't instruct and orient what she wasn't first allowed to judge. A soft breath came from the masked elf, holding her hands folded behind her back. A large, glass pane seperating her from the seperate sparring areas. Walled off from eachother, but unroofed. The perfect way to see if any potential recruit held her interest.

Though her eyes wandered to Valentina. And a soft, almost bemused huff came from her.

And the rest, she regarded with the same spite and disgust she always had in her eyes. They were unworthy.

Kyro walks into the room, his expression is emotionless and he seems to have something on his mind, he wears a Black t shirt and black cargo pants. He walks over to the wall and leans against it then scratches his beard.

With all the combatants ready the doors would open to reveal everyone's opponents. Weiss would be facing Kyro, Triske a large Troll hybrid, and Lazarus facing Valentina.

One more person would enter, a feminine figure hidden beneath a black cloak as they entered. Her face mostly covered by a scarf and hood, as crimson eyes observed from the sideline. Particularly focusing her interest and attention towards Weiss and Kyro. Weiss in many ways had been like a mother, the only person Nora actually knew, or looked up too.

She did not remember much of her own mother at all, nothing but a hazy voice in her mind. Despite having the body of a 18 year old girl, she had only been alive less than a year. Having been taken and rapidly aged, she had not a childhood, or even teenage memories. But that was a distant and uncared for thought, as she could not mourn what she never had.

There were only two things that mattered. Serving lady Weiss, and meeting the man who was claimed to be her father.

Frank would enter the room his towering body 6'9" would walk into the room. From the neck down he would be covered with ballistic fiber and ceramic plating looking to his challenger he scoffs. "Really, you can't be serious here she can't be my oponant I'd snap her like a twig." Frank would say in a deep country accent.

Frank would look back to the girl "ok girlscout I'll go easy on ya so i don't hurt you to badly."

Frank vs. Nora

Nora turned to the giant, actually having to look up to see his face. She tilted her head at his comment, then gave a slight smile.

"Don't judge a book by it's cover. Not everyone is as they seem.", She said with a quiet giggle.

Frank frowns at this walking over to the sparring area
"Well then girlscout, if you're so NotoNotoyuyuNotoNotoyuyuu of that hit me with your best shot"

Nora stepped to the other side of the ring and began to remove her excess gear. Soon her scarf and cloak would lazily fall to the floor, followed by her sidearm and knife. This let her waist length black hair loose as she studied him with crimson eyes. The cloak now gone revealed a form fitting body suit with padding for some areas. She was very youthful for her 5'5 stature.

"Who do you wish to make the first move? It makes little difference to me.", Nora gave with an almost innocent smile.

Frank would grip his left wrist turning it before yanking it down removing a gun barrol from within his arm before resetting it to working order

"Well little lady I'll let yeh go first wouldn't want to be rude on your first fight"

"How generous.", Was all the short girl would say before beginning to saunter forward, a smile still on her face. She did not stop until she was right in front of him. She gave a weak punch into his chest plate with her strength held back. It would merely be like a tap to him.

Frank would sigh before dropping to a knee in a swift motion in combination with a kick aimed to sweep the girls legs from underneath her

Nora hopped over the kick before grabbing the collar of his armor and placing one hand on his stomach. He would feel a big difference in the amount of strength this time as she switched her SHAM to full output. He would find himself lifted and thrown over her if he did not act quickly.

As Frank was being lifted he chuckled
"That's more like it girl scout"
Before switching on the sythetic spine upgrade in his amor
To triple his strength and bringing his elbow down aiming for her face

His elbow would certainly meet face, but it would not snap to the side by the force like he would expect. She gave a grin that was a little out of shape from the elbow now in her face. She lifted him above her then swing him over using his own weight against him.

Frank would land on his back with a thud before kicking himself up to his feet and getting into a defensive fighting stance.

"Your Perdy strong kid im guessing not born but created
"?

"You have a habit of making some very inaccurate assumptions. I was born, less than a year ago. I've been rapidly aged, augmented, and enhanced.", Nora said after popping her lower jaw back into place and giving her neck a pop.

"Names Nora by the way. I hope you remember it."

Frank nodded at Nora "my name is Frank, and I'll try to"
He stated before shuffling closer to her keeping his defense up as he does

Nora begins to dash towards Frank on what seems like a charge. She barrels towards him shoulder first.

Frank would charge at her as well only ti attempt to slide behind her and try to suplex her using her own momentum

Nora dropped to a slide, aiming for the legs as she got close. Hopefully with her speed and momentum she'd topple him.

Frank would topple over after receiving the blow to his legs
Lucky he would spend little time getting on his feet again

Nora would as be back up as well charging again.

Frank would stand up ready himself as she would get closer he would and crouch at attempt to land both elbows on her sternum

Even her reflex wasn't going to save her from that one, as both elbows connected throwing her back. Doing a reverse summersault, she came back to a crouch before placing a hand to her sore chest. "Well you recover fast, guess I shouldn't be so quick. Heh.", Nora gave with an almost playful smirk.

Frank chuckled "kid don't underestimate your opponent it could get you hurt " he says his right leg giving off a few stray sparks from taking Noras hit to his leg a simi pained expression on his face due to it

Frank grunted "also Know when to call it quits"

Frank would take a knee before tapping the ground three times with a open palm signaling him tapping out

"Awwh and I was just beginning to have fun.", Nora said giving a smile before walking over and offering him a hand. Her chest would be sore for a while, hopefully not in need of a realignment though.

Frank exepted the help "say your actually really good at fighting, that was a great challenge"

Nora giggled as she helped him up, "You haven't seen me on the field yet. You aren't bad either, just don't call me girlscout."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back