• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

SACN [Personal] Kage Yaichiro

Andrew

SARPiverse Culture Dreamer
Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
FM of Tsenlan
🌸 FM of Yamatai
Submissions Reviewer
🎖️ Game Master
fetch.php

STAR ARMY OF YAMATAI
SEVENTH STANDARD FLEET

YSS Seishin no Shouri, In Transit.

To: Chusa,Kage Yaichiro

PERSONAL COMMUNICATIONS

I know you are probably surprised to hear from me after so long. I will spare you the excuses that undoubtedly would just be of no consequence anyway. The impacts of our wars both personal and national undoubtedly have taken their toll, at least they have on me. My grief, now more distant as the days pass since the unfortunate loss once again of Akina.

Finally, after two years of working at KFY I have found my way back to where I intended to be long before this...back in the chair of Command. I have been given Command of the Seventh Standard Fleet.

How are things on the Eucharis? Feel free to pass my regard to your Taisa. No doubt she appreciates having you around as much as I did. I find myself reminiscent of those days gone past, before this war consumed us all.

It would be good to see you next time you have leave. I will let you get back to your work now.

Signed,
Ketsurui Katsuko, Taisho
Commander, 7th Standard Fleet

To: Taisho Ketsurui Katsuko

It is nice to hear from you again, Taisho. I'd wondered how you were faring and actually looked into contacting you after hearing of Taisho Akina's fate, but I was unable to locate you at the time. I assumed you had isolated yourself into mourning at the time, and it's a relief to hear from you.

I'm also glad that you have had the courage to reassume command after what has happened to you. I know it is difficult, as I have found myself going from a Flag CO down to fulfilling the role of an absurdly high ranking Chief Engineer -- I've yet to bring myself to reassume command of a ship after the whole UOC incident, though I've been sure to make myself pull my weight in other ways. I've recovered a bit though, due to the fact that the daughter I adopted while in the UOC managed to escape the situation there and returned to being a Yamataian.

Things are going well enough on the Eucharis. While technically an Advisor, it's more a title than anything else at this point due to assorted reasons and i fill the role of a Chief Engineer. It gives me more time to invent things like the Yui 7 Refit, though I've asked the Taisa to make a decision on if I should move from Engineering to the bridge to better handle my Advisory role. No replies yet, but she is a busy woman. There are already a lot of Officers up there as well, a significant number for a ship of our size.

I am quite fine with meeting you next time I have time off, provided the Taisa and circumstances permit. Where would we meet? Do you have a place in mind?

Also, your communication seemed a bit timid. You needn't be so concerned about being a distraction/unwelcome. You may not be my direct superior at this time, but I consider you a friend and hearing from you is always welcome.

Chusa Kage Yaichiro
First Expeditionary Fleet
YSS Eucharis (NG-X1-408), Adviser

PERSONAL COMMUNICATIONS

It is more about perseverance than courage. When my children made their choices they did so without thinking of the ramifications or the danger they presented to themselves or those they held influence over. The name Motoyoshi, the name I worked so hard to establish now is associated with treason and the mess that remains in those broken systems.

My dear Yaichiro, you cannot keep holding yourself back. You are an outstanding officer and there is no doubt in my mind that you are destined for something greater than being a 'absurdly high ranking Chief Engineer'. I am glad your daughter is safe, and you as well. Maybe someday I will have children myself though not while the memory of Tio and Kiyoko's actions are so fresh in my mind.

If you could come to Hotaru, that would be ideal. As you probably heard Koyanagi Mayumi sold Motoyoshi-jo when she ceased Motoyoshi Fleet Yards during the whole mess and I no longer have civilian accommodations. You could say I have married my work Yaichiro, my life outside of the duties of Command consists of futile wishes I could of changed things and the little I have that reminds me of more pleasant times.

Signed,
Ketsurui Katsuko, Taisho

Attached: House.img, Directions.map

Code:
Included is the picture of a nice two-level house with a manicured yard, which seems close to a calm body of water and has several large trees.  The yard isn't massive, but is enough to be respectable.

It disgusts me that our people and government so neglect a Taisho and a former Empress that she is effectively homeless. I've arranged a residence for you at Nishitama, which is a Horizon-class city-ship which is orbiting Sanctuary in the heart of the KMS. I initially purchased the ship and had it salvaged and revitalized for veterans of the First Mishhu War as well as refugees, but it's become its own city orbiting the KMS Capital. The house isn't what you may have been accustomed to while in power, but it is a standard two-level home and ample for the needs of most. While one can own vehicles at Nishitama, they aren't particularly necessary to get around due to the disproportionally comprehensive mass transit system I had installed underground -- Designing Tokyo gave me experience and a good idea of what I had to improve to construct the city.

I have a similar property there, in addition to Yuriko's old home in Kyoto. If you prefer something in Kyoto, I might be able to find something -- I've saved the bulk of my earnings from that era and am financially better off than most.

Also, I thank you for the vote of confidence. I'm not sure when or if I will command again, but I will keep from being idle and keep my mind open to the prospect. Odd command structures are quite literally the story of my life, in honesty. I am willing to visit Hotaru again, or show you around your new home, or receive you at one of mine -- whichever you prefer.

Chusa Kage Yaichiro

PERSONAL COMMUNICATIONS

I thank you very much Yaichiro you have set my cheeks ablaze with your kindness. I was not expecting such a gift, and I thank you. Please understand it is not the government's choices that have lead me here, but my own. Besides Yui and yourself there are very few that I consider to be my friends.

The home at Nishitama will be more than adequate, I have reservations about returning to Kyoto. You should know by now that the Imperial Core is not the place for me.

I like the sounds of you showing me around my new home Yaichiro. Bring me a bottle of Plum wine and I will make you some dinner. I have missed you. You will always have a place with me if you need a change of scenery.

Take care of yourself.

Signed,
Ketsurui Katsuko, Taisho

TO: Taisho, Ketsurui Katsuko

The house is the least of what you deserve for a life of dedication -- even if some endeavors have been less successful than others through no fault of your own. It may not be much by Taisho or Ketsurui standards, but it is a place to relax and possibly raise a small family should you eventually attempt to do so again.

I am fine with bringing plum wine to you and though have never used alcohol, the scent of the plum should have the intended effect which I suspect you desire. Blame the SMX attack on Jiyuu on new Year's Day YE 30 for my choice to avoid drink, where I was thankfully among the sober when they attacked.

I've missed you as well, and the prospect of meeting and talking with again is a nice one which I look forward to eagerly.

Chusa Kage Yaichiro

It will be to my standards Yaichiro, because it is not the structure that makes a home. I can't promise that it will be used frequently, but when it is it will be respected as the valuable gift that it is.

The plum wine and my purfum. I have not forgotten your weaknesses. I find myself looking back on that memory in a very special light, perhaps more than I should. More than you want me to. Oh my now my cheeks are on fire again!

The Seventh has been deployed to The Great Lighthouse. It is hard to believe that this is where all the trouble truly started. We have been ordered to clean up the infastructure, possibly the engineering feat of the era. It is a real mess, but this would be a heafty salvage if we were claiming the system. I think I am going to contact Yui about these SAoY and SMX vessels, surly we could benefit from their salvage.

Also I am wondering about your CAMIE M11 Construction Mecha. I am thinking they could be vital in our rebuilding efforts here. What do you think?

Have to get back to the bridge now.

Signed,
Ketsurui Katsuko, Taisho

I remember it fondly as well; and I must admit that it was some of the best I recall having. I felt surprisingly at home during that time of my life, and can count on one hand the places where I've felt that way. YSS Sakura, the YSS Asuka, Hotaru, and to an extent the Eucharis.

Part of me wishes that the ships under my command never intercepted the communication between the Freespacer and Melisson, but then I recall that that specific Freespacer was indeed a threat. It was failure to understand the polysentience and the culture of the race and believing that one opinion was all encompassing that led to the tragedy. I believe our diplomatic skills have improved since, though it was indeed a tragedy which should not have happened. Our society, borne of war and military structure, couldn't hope to quickly understand a society based on complete freedom of information and communication without fear of what it might have done to us. As we expand, we should remember the the impact haste and failure to understand those around us can have.

I am actually in possession of a third of a Freespacer's mothership, which shows signs of Mindy attack. I thought I would do something with it, but in the end I simply wound up storing it away. I am willing to send it out to you. The CAMIE was developed for ship-scale and starbase scale work, and would likely be useful in this endeavor -- though it will still be very hard work. If you need a jump start, I can have some produced for you and send them with the Freespacer Mothership chunk, though they're designed to be constructable on demand in fabrication bays as needed as well.

Chusa Kage Yaichiro

PERSONAL COMMUNICATION

If you could send the schematics for the CAMIE, I would appreciate it. That way I can get our production bays started on them. In terms of the fragment of the mothership if you are willing to part with it, I am sure it would be seen a a gesture of good will. I wonder if perhaps we could rebuild their mothership with the fragment you have in your posession and some of the present debris. It would be a possible idea for this memorial that Yui has pitched to me.

This is some debris field Kage-chan, it has everything from old Lamias from the forces Kiyoko used in her pathetic attempt to blockade Yui's fleet to the busted up old SMX ships she brought to aide her. There is so much, Freespacer vessels some disabled, some just in peices. I have attached some of the images we have captured.

We should meet in person. I will take care of an authorizations on this end if your Taisa will approve it on yours. Will you come see me?

Signed,
Ketsurui Katsuko, Taisho

Attached: M11CAMIE.schm, M11CAMIETrailer.schm, M11CAMIETools.schm

I've sent a communication to Hanako-Taisa with the request for time off to meet you, and am awaiting a reply. In the meantime, here are the schematic files for the CAMIE, its trailer, and its assorted tools. I am also willing to send that Freespacer Mothership Fragment, just tell me where to send it. I purchased it as salvage, but have long since forgotten how much I paid -- though I believe the Star Army has possibly paid me back for it by paying extra for Star Army ships and restricted technology when I secure it from salvagers for them. It looks like an ambitious effort, and it's certainly something we should discuss. I'm getting the impression you want me aboard for this directly, though you've not said so openly, and it is yet another thing to discuss.

I noticed your mention of LAMIA as well, and I know they have been decommissioned as of this year by the Star Army. However, I like to have them for research and remodeling purposes, so if you can't find anyone who wants them, please let me know.

Chusa Kage Yaichiro

I've gotten Hanako-Taisa's reply, and when I asked for time to talk to you about the matter, she had me transferred to your command due to the opportunities it gave me. She realizes I've gotten a bit comfortable where I am, and is pushing me to further my career again -- friends shove friends in the right direction at times, and I believe this is what I need if you truly want me aboard.

I'll transfer over if you'll have me, at the earliest opportunity permitted by the Eucharis' mission and its completion.

chusa_1_tiny.gif

Chusa Kage Yaichiro

Acting:

PERSONAL COMMUNICATIONS

Yaichiro-chan I am very excited you will be joining us. It would appear that the Nepleslians don't exactly find our plans here all that wonderful. The Memorial will have to be built with our own materials. I think it is for the better we hang on to the fragment of that Mothership. -Would hate to see it turned into a hover bike garage.-

We will be remaining in The Great Lighthouse system until our salvage of the SAoY and SMX materials is completed, I secured the salvage company earlier. I have started our fabrication of the CAMIE schematics you sent. At minimum this is a chance for our Star Fortresses to finish some of their production queue.

All this makes me glad I decided to stick to the military, I don't think I am cut out for politics. Let me know when you receive your transit itinerary so that I can arrange for that dinner I promised.

Signed,
Ketsurui Katsuko, Taisho

In that case, unless you prefer otherwise, I should keep the Mothership fragment for the moment. It is stored under an assumed 'civilian' name and it would do less political damage where it is than if it were found stored in SAoY possession, at least until the Army is willing to give it up for a monument. While it feels dishonest to think that way at times and shouldn't be so in a perfect reality, it would do no one any good advertising it until we were ready. It would only open old wounds.

If they turned it into a hoverbike garage, however, they would be doing something as disrespectful as destroying it in the first place. Despite what impressions people may have of them in our nation, they aren't so foolish as to alienate their Freespacer allies with such a frivolous and pointless action. As for not letting us in, from their point of view we could be invading again -- possibly doing this for selfish or solely political reasons. We'll have to let the diplomats convince them our motives are genuine and that there's something to gain from moving past this, assuming they lack ulterior motives of their own beyond defending the Freespacers; though I honestly believe that it's a choice the Freespacers themselves are more qualified to make than the Nepleslians.

If nothing else, you'll have CAMIE to make more of your ships, and perhaps obtain some of the old 5th XF ships for modernization from the salvage. As for when I arrive, I will let you know when I have a timetable.

chusa_1_tiny.gif

Chusa Kage Yaichiro

Acting:

Coded Message: Encryption Active

PERSONAL COMMUNICATION

For now it is probably best you keep the fragment hidden. I am waiting to hear from an actual Freespacer before I determine this operation to be bust. I fully intend on finding away around this current situation, one way or another.

Thank you for the Camie design specs, we have already begun production.

Are you looking forwards to your transfer? I am anxious, it has been a long time.

Is there anything you wish prepared in advance? If there is anything you need please let me know so I can see to it. I wish for you to be comfortable.

You mentioned your research. I wish to know about it when you arrive. I will be issuing your official orders shortly.

We will likely be wrapping things up here at the Great Lighthouse as quickly as possible seeing as these complications that have arisen make accomplishing too much futile. I am using this evening to try and and brain storm a solution. Yamada-Chujo believes we should just go ahead as planned and ignore the text messages as that Nepleslia has sent, because as I stated before they have failed to clarify the standing of their treaty with us.

I keep getting distracted Yaichiro-chan, my thoughts of you trickle into my day. I hope everything is alright on the Eucharis, SAINT reports mentioned NMX ships being seen in that vicinity.

Signed,
Ketsurui Katsuko, Taisho

I am a bit nervous reassuming a station of responsibility, and leaving Hanako-Taisa. The two of you are among the best friends I have, and I am happy to go to one while sad to leave the other. As for accommodations, I try not to be greedy. I do keep a comfort bed in my quarters for assorted reasons -- not solely the purposes it is known for.

You are welcome for the CAMIE specifications, they are also available from KFY to whom I granted access. I will inform you of my research, but I wish to discuss that privately -- I do not wish to reveal everything that I am working on openly.

I advise strongly against just going against Nepleslia's wishes. While we don't like politics and know how underhanded they can be, they are still a core part of how things work and must be kept in mind. The Nepleslians have been painted as the defenders of the Freespacers, whether there's an ulterior motive or not, and this can't be ignored.

Assuming that talking peacefully with the Nepleslians doesn't resolve the issue, perhaps we could make contact with the Freespacers directly somehow. I believe that's what should have done to begin with. It shouldn't be too difficult -- if they are as adept at information gathering and observation as I have heard, then some tactful general news broadcasts of our intentions through SANDRA might bring them to the discussion table and also make the Nepleslian efforts to flat-out block our gesture of good will look shallow.

chusa_1_tiny.gif

Chusa Kage Yaichiro

Acting:

RPG-D RPGfix
Back