• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Personnel Updates for the Star Army of Yamatai

Works for me, Demibear.

What I was able to find was that after the Kuvexian war, 8th fleet was merged into 3rd fleet. So 3rd fleet is still around.

Hrm. So it would seem. Anyone taking the third? If not... I do have an old NPC from my Task Force Lantern days laying around. Granted she was a Shosa at the time which was in YE 34 I do believe. But if'ya want to keep Shizuka as the Taisho no harm no foul.

I was just going to use Shizuka, I had no idea anyone would be interested in playing a Taisho. Does your NPC have 15+ years in service? It's funny, we have an abundance of Taishos but we're really skimpy in the middle officer ranks (like Taii to Shosho). Until the recent elimination of junis and the accelerated oficer program the lower officer ranks were not looking that populated either. The hope is that some of these characters eventually become captains.

Edit: Also, anyone who has a starship ops character who is a navigator, that occupation has a page now.

She was born during the GSA days and took part in Albini's take over. At least that was how she was written when I made her.

PEARL is a Taisho level organization?
Yes, it is. It also has much to do with Saya's story because PEARL recovered her. Generally, the Star Army does not demote Taisho, and she already was one.

Being a Taisho is linked to specific positions, if you are no longer in those positions, you are no longer a Taisho. The highest permanent rank is Taisa. I'll also add that PEARL doesn't seem like a Taisho level command given it's narrow focus.

Thanks for reinstating Shida. To players and GMs, I cannot express how important it is to come to me if you need me to do something with the Director of Intelligence. It seemed people were very into having a sitting playable director and now I'm looking around like, "What do you guys actually need?" Spies are fueled on secrets. If you don't tell me them directly, I'll find my own fuel.

Hanako as Director of Personnel seemed to ONLY be doing PEARL activities by necessity outside of the mass rank and posting messages Wes accomplished through her. I think it makes sense Taisho Hanako's primary job in an organization is being given to a Taisho.

At the end of the day, it was Hanako's decision to put Saya there, the appointment was actually roleplayed out. RP - Rising Lotus I'll go with whatever Wes said on this. I'm not someone who is out to collect rank and power so I don't mind, either way, I try to have my characters contribute to the Star Army according to their skills, etc.

Updates:
  • Eikan Minato became Chief of Star Army Operations - This is essentially a "Taisho II" position and is new and is in charge of Star Army Operations
  • Need new Taisho for Second Fleet, preferably a Wes NPC that already exists (probably going to have to find some Chujo currently commanding a Star Fortress)
  • Thinking about who will be the commander of Star Army Engineering (Kessaku Anri?)
It seems like the Star Army is still suffering from a major officer shortage (at least wikified officers) of the ranks Shosa through Chujo. Promotionfest this year is going to finally give us a bunch of Taii ranked officers who can command small ships, though (yay!).

Going by the auto generated Chujo list here are the current options.

Hanabusa Miho (Andrew) currently in 1XF.
Iemochi Feyani (Ethereal) currently head of SASO and has a SARA background.
Jinja Emi (Rizzo) currently in charge of a Saint Installation.
Kessaku Anri (Wes) at one point in charge of SARA.
Signy Williams (Soban) in charge of a Star fortress

There are also a lot of NPCs who are just names on the wiki we could use as well. Ex. Seventh Fleet command staff. However, given the above choices, Signy is the only one specifically on a Star Fortress. For engineering, both Feyani and Anri would be good choices.

That said, I'm not a fan of theese crosscutting Taisho. I feel like it leads to rank inflation and makes the problem of not enough Chujo worse as all of the intresting jobs are taken by Taisho. I think most of them would be better off as Chujo under Yui.

In a similar vein, it might make sense to merge second Fleet and another Fleet that is actively being played.

Updates:
  • Eikan Minato became Chief of Star Army Operations - This is essentially a "Taisho II" position and is new and is in charge of Star Army Operations
  • Need new Taisho for Second Fleet, preferably a Wes NPC that already exists (probably going to have to find some Chujo currently commanding a Star Fortress)
  • Thinking about who will be the commander of Star Army Engineering (Kessaku Anri?)
It seems like the Star Army is still suffering from a major officer shortage (at least wikified officers) of the ranks Shosa through Chujo. Promotionfest this year is going to finally give us a bunch of Taii ranked officers who can command small ships, though (yay!).
It'll inflate significantly for the Rikugun at least when I get around to Battletech FM'ing each Area Army.

I think I am going to have Airwin talk to Yui about taking over Transuniversal Operations, it is something I think he has the experience for, and all those years running the MERN should count for something! We will see, will be done in character though.

If you need a Taisho for something, Wes, the great Hokusai-taisho is apparently doing nothing after being such a great leader that she got herself promoted to retirement :cool: Though Ame might want her to be TF282’s boss.
Emi (Rizzo) currently in charge of a Saint Installation.
Jinja is and generally has always been the Deputy Director of SAINT since her creation, and was adopted by Ame. The DD traditionally doubles as Vicky’s base commander (and the day-to-day operational chief of SAINT) because the Director is busy running around the Empire performing their advisory functions for the Empress and Yui. I don’t think she would be interested in a promotion outside of SAINT because, much like it says in the eligibility portion of Logistics Director, the DD of SAINT is next-in-line to take the reigns.

If you need a Taisho for something, Wes, the great Hokusai-taisho is apparently doing nothing after being such a great leader that she got herself promoted to retirement :cool: Though Ame might want her to be TF282’s boss.

Jinja is and generally has always been the Deputy Director of SAINT since her creation, and was adopted by Ame. The DD traditionally doubles as Vicky’s base commander (and the day-to-day operational chief of SAINT) because the Director is busy running around the Empire performing their advisory functions for the Empress and Yui. I don’t think she would be interested in a promotion outside of SAINT because, much like it says in the eligibility portion of Logistics Director, the DD of SAINT is next-in-line to take the reigns.
I really miss reading your fleet posts. You should toss your hat back into running one!

That is up to Wes because Taishos serve at the pleasure of his characters.

Forgot to mention that I love the idea of Anri as prospective head of Engineering. She fits so well and the Kessakus are the tech clan, not just the butcher cleaver clan. Getting a little bit of spotlight after so many years (a decade??) off-screen would be cool.

ONE Kessaku goes a-butchering and the entire clan's reputation changed overnight

RPG-D RPGfix
Back