• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Pet Shop Pest Control?

Enansel

Inactive Member
I was thinking about it last night and this morning about Wes having posted a link to a list of stores/chains that Yamatai was looking for as far as retail and supply goes. I ended up thinking "Well what about pest control?"

I mean I know they're space ships, and not sea ships, but I'm sure there's some sort of pests (like rats/mice/SAOY-Tribbles/whatever) that sneak onto ships all the time so why not some way to both control the pests and give the crews semi-intelligent (think 6-8 year old reasoning/understanding skills) adorable pets of various sorts?

Would cover the typical Feline and Canine creatures, possibly a few reptiles (lizards/snakes) and space-adapted flying omnivorous rodents (squirrels). Could also add in pure pet or pure protection varieties of these sorts of creatures.

Thoughts?

Well, I've been considering arming Star Army soldiers with military working dogs, if that counts...

Yeah. That would count. :p I figure the "pet shop" part is mostly for the people who want companion pets, and the rest goes through special orders that are filled by professional trainers and breeders on various planets and stations and such for the task at hand.

So I know it has been a while...

But you know, @Wes, if you still want to work with a big, flexible, trainable, fierce mutt...

coughcoughcough

All things in a serious manner, though, I've been considering an expansion of the pet page to some degree. I've brought the idea up before with people like @Ametheliana and in another discussion highlighting the idea of "factional critters" (I know I proposed snakes for Nepleslia, but we all know my dreams are just memes :^C ) and want to bring it up again that providing a common or promoting the idea of a main pet (such as the Kawaii) could go leagues to expanding the life and background potential of various nations and histories. I mean, Dig-It has an Iroma animal-trainer... and we barely have anything for him to work with as is! Of course that'll change in my plot, but it could be really cool to revisit this idea of a pet shop and the various pets that could be useful both to the militants, the privateers/independents, and the slice-of-life plots.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back