• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Planet Descriptions

Doshii Jun

Perpetual player
Retired Staff
(Descriptions that were here have been posted already, so I'm transferring these back to my machine. Besides, Wes edited them to flesh them out better, and some of these make me look dumb.)

I wasn't sure if I should post these in the Setting board or here. Wes, I could really do with your feedback and advice on the defense measures of these planets.

Tatiana:

Tatiana is one of the ‘Warmaster' worlds, named after the general ‘Tatiana', and the most populated of the three worlds. Terraformed between YE 23 and YE 26 Tatiana possess an extremely vibrant eco-system, lush forests, plains, and even a few jungles around the equator. It possess plants and animals from all over the Empire, using only those that are capable of living in a sustainable fashion.

The ruling body of Tatiana is highly concerned for the environment, and the penalties for damaging it are almost draconian. Planning permission is a true bugger to get. Sustainability is extremely important to them, and all of their industry and living tends to conform to this. That being said, Tatiana is a lovely place to live, given the co-existence of nature and civilisation, with beautiful and graceful gardens, trees and flowers adoring every pavement and walkway. There are a huge number of leisure activities to take part in, and for a peaceful retirement, or a holiday, there are few places better than Tatiana. In fact the local government is encouraging people to relocate there, with very generous housing prices and other initiatives.

Somewhat unusual for a world in the Yamatai Empire Tatiana does not have a particularly high Nekovalkyrja population, consisting primarily of Geshrin. There is an increasing population of Yamataian's, although the majority is still Geshrin (this was established in an post by Rob a while back, I'm not sure of the logic behind it).

As a Warmaster world, defence is still an important factor. This is secured primarily orbital defence, in the form of Yamataian defence satellites and the soon to be purchase of Kante's from NovaCorp.

Nataria:

Nataria is one of the ‘Warmaster' worlds, whose purpose is to defend the more highly populated systems of Anisa and Tatiana. The system consists of a series of four gas giants, an asteroid belt followed by five planets. Of these Nataria is the furthest from the sun, despite residing only roughly 1 AU from the systems star, the others reside closer. Of these two do not rotate along the same plane as the rest of the planets, travelling roughly 45 degrees and 70 degrees relative to the other planets.

Nataria is a forest world, only recently terraformed by Yamatai, having been terraformed over YE 23 to YE 26, but now covered largely with a huge evergreen forest. This is sustained by a complicated water cycle from what are not so much oceans as enormous inland seas and lakes. The forest is fairly undisturbed over the globe other than these lakes, and the occasional mountain range jutting up above the tree tops.

As of the moment there is very little wildlife on Nataria other than the trees.

The sole construction on Nataria is a YSSDF, a large facility constructed mostly under the ground in a multiple-layer complex. On the surface there are facilities for starships, aircraft and shuttle operations. In the facility there are approximately 5,000 soldiers, 2,000 of which are Mindy M2 or Kylie M3 Power Armour pilots, the exact number of which is open to fluctuation. Around this facility are a number of weapon emplacements, and the entire facility is protected by both a large shielding device and a cloaking device.

Update: I've now made pages for each of these systems/planets and added them to the website.

More please! I'll be add descriptions for some of the more prominent and/or central planets soon too.

Star Systems Index

Nataria is listed twice. I believe the listing in the NE quadrant shouldn't be there.

Making a planet description of Ohara is on my to-do list.

I added a BUNCH of links and pages to the Star Systems section just now.

Hmm, any one want to do the former Qel'noran worlds?

It's been 16 years and we still don't have a description for Koenic, lol. I just started the wiki page today by using a deep dive forum search but I'll have to make up a new description. Maybe I'll take the Resurgence there!

Getting closer to taking the Resurgence there! First, a stop at Gashmere!

RPG-D RPGfix
Back