• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Interest Check Plot Idea: What Does Goddess Want With A Star Army?

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
@Soban and I were chatting in voice chat and an idea popped into my head. First I asked what if the god of the Separa'Shan, who is an ancient super-AI, wanted to go on a tour of the sector? And he explained that she had been damaged. So the thought came: Is there some way Yamatai could get the Star Army could help?

So here's my crazy plot idea:

The Star Army of Yamatai invades a derelict machine world to use as a host body for Naga'Shun.

If successful, they would place the machine world as a moon of Essia. Yamatai could always use more megastructures and computing support, and it would be a way to show Yamatai's strong support of Essia and its people. Nothing means more than giving the gift of life and freedom, even for a mega AI. The Eucharis and Resurgence have been running into machine moons and machine planets for years now in the coreward space that is in the Rixxikor-infested zone, and the Essai's machine planets were integral to success defeating the Kuvexians at Glimmergold. There's suitable worlds out there, we just need to conquer one without damaging it too much, and take it to Essia. This gives a plot(s) an excuse to do a planetary invasion RP with a lot of ground/interior combat. I like this idea. What do you think?

Would be even funnier/interesting if there is a quirk that makes the AI questionable. Then I can also see some kind of schism amongst the people as to why a "Goddess" even needs the help of mortals to help.

Either way, I am interested since I need a use for Mikael Harris.

Im not in the res for such an opportunity but it's always a neat idea. There are a number of macro-AI already in the sector tho they are all idle currently iirc. The spacer type 5 super macro SI like Cinereal or Invalid alone prob have the processing power to open black holes with reality-bending math and such old super AI like them or the snake Goddes are likely the closest entities to gods in such a setting like startreks 'Q' but the size of a planet and with endless reach.

Though the spacer macro AI are uncaring to everything else but their endless processings on their great projects. What a more personable or emotion-driven force like the snake-god would be like would be interesting and terrifying when some high-ranking cat queries it to do something mundane like handle the economy of a multi-trillion KS faction and instead, the personification of a warrior-driven race instead starts sending orders down the chain to start a civil war for fun or to move entire fleets around posturing just to laugh at the sector's response when entire fleets start resting on their borders and make them sweat cause simple mortals not even a few decades old asked her to help with their homework~

It would certainly be interesting to see what happens if it gains access to the Yamataian equivalent of the internet and attempts to wreak havoc in some roundabout way to get the snekmen in charge of Yamatai 😆😆

It would certainly be interesting to see what happens if it gains access to the Yamataian equivalent of the internet and attempts to wreak havoc in some roundabout way to get the snekmen in charge of Yamatai 😆😆
or the AIs

You can't prove that the flood of black mail materiel released onto the internet on all of the Non-Spara'Shan politicians forcing them to resign and Separa'Shan being elected instead is her fault... lol

RPG-D RPGfix
Back