• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Gaming Pokemon Go

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
My wife recently downloaded Pokemon Go after me telling her stories from Reddit about the various antics people got into while playing it. So I got it too. I've reached level 5 so far. I live near Atlanta but not actually in it, and my area isn't very populated with Gyms or Poke-stops so that's kind of frustrating. My wife keeps running out of pokeballs. We caught a bunch last night walking the dog together. It's definitely a good thing for my daily step count goals, and I found a couple local landmarks which was cool. I also met like 8 people at the library (it's got two stops right out front) who were playing and had a lure module going. What's your experience so far?

Stuff I hope they add:
  1. Ability to do battles outside of gyms
  2. Adding friends, and friends are seen on the map
  3. Trading (I want to give some of my pokeballs to my wife)
  4. A way to submit local monuments and places of interest as potential new pokestops

Nintendo's stock jumped 25% on Monday.

8billion has been added to Nintendo's value.

5% of all android devices have Pokemon go.

Pokemon go has more active users than tinder, making it officially more popular than sex.

Pokemom Go is built on top of the game egress (Which is also a really cool concept!)

The popularity of this game is crazy and Nitanic has promised updates and new content every 2 weeks! I expect you'll see a LOT of what you want from updates soon.

--

As for new pokestops, Egress is not accepting new landmarks right now so you are out of luck. The marketing implications are crazy and even Forbes is talking about pokestops so I expect you'll see a return of being able to submit locations in a few months.

Ingress*.

Remember that if you miss with a pokeball, you can quickly tap it to pick it back up. Helpful hint to retain those pokeballs.

I'm up to level 7, almost 8. I tend to play it at work (I'm a delivery driver) in a college town, so there's no end to it. Most of the guys I work with have it on their phones. I'm careful not to play it while actually driving, though, since that's both stupidly dangerous and illegal. More like I check around the stops I make, sometimes, and where I work is a pokestop that someone's usually plugged an attract module into - it pans out to a level or so every couple of days.

People are already up to level 18 or so in my area and most of the gems are getting locked down hardcore with 800+ CP pokemon. Team Mystic's pretty heavy down here, but Valor's a close second.

Gonna have to train hard.

Go Team Valor.

View attachment 5917

To level up really fast, take all those Weedles, Rattata's etc that you have been gathering. Save up like 10 or even more with a bunch of candies. Pop a lucky egg and evolve as many as you can in thirty minutes. You get a literal ton of xp. I made maybe 3 or 4 levels in that half hour with all my stupid weedles.

Double XP for 30 minutes.

Apparently the most happening place in my town is the cemetery, which has three stops and a gym. There were like 20 people there. Around pokestops I've seen a lot of other couples Poke-cruising, with one person driving the car and the other person holding two phones. I've even caught a few people trying to do slow drivebys of the stops in their car (on their own) which is illegal under Georgia's texting-while-driving law, and also I've seen a cop at a stop watching for people doing it. And one cop outside the library was playing it too and was so distracted I had to say "excuse me" to get him out of the way of the stairs. This is pretty crazy seeing all these people (of all ages, too!) out and about the town. Even the local ice cream shop guy said there was an unusual boost in business this week.

Currently level 10.

Just broke the 1k club today...twice : )
Do you mean you got a pokemon that's over 1000 combat points?

Used to be into Pokemon when I was a kid. I just looked this up and it seems p.dang interesting. I may have to try it out.

Funny story about the cop. Not the first one I've heard about cops using go but the best.

Yes it does mean that. Idk if everyone thinks it's an accomplishment but I haven't seen TOO many over 1k.

I'm now an admin for a fb Mystic HQ page and mod for another fb Mystic group and have created my own for my section of the county. We're going on our first raid tonight :3

If anyone wants to know anything about it, message me because I could talk pokemon go for daaaaays.

YES, it has been confirmed by some of my friends, too. I have a Vaporeon and Jolteon and don't want to waste candies on a Flareon because my Vaporeon has consistently beaten higher CP Flareons in gyms. Would recommend Rainer 10/10. My Jolteon is 800+ CP and not high enough to put in gyms yet and I haven't found another eevee to power it up with in days so I haven't been able to form an opinion on its fighting abilities D: So if you get enough candies, consider Vaporeon as your first choice.

That chart is so helpful I forgot the different types' effectiveness against one another. Ty Wes!

I'm still not evolving any Flareon tho

Current progress: Level 23

My Current Top 20 Pokemon:

1948 Vaporeon "Hanako"
1738 Vaporeon "Eucharis"
1392 Starmie "Star Army"
1387 Rapidash "Miharu"
1331 Flareon "Sakura"
1298 Magmar "Senbu"
1283 Magmar
1228 Pidgeot "Plumeria"
1134 Weezing
1103 Magmar
1099 Pidgeot
1097 Pinsir
1076 Parasect
1072 Golbat
1070 Arbok
1068 Pidgeot
1056 Golbat
1055 Electabuzz
1038 Golbat
1030 Seaking

As your level rises, you start catching higher ones (that 1283 Magmar was caught at that number, not upgraded). So I recommend you stockpile your stardust instead of trying to level up a lower level Pokemon, because chances are you'll find a better one anyway at some point.

Wes what day did you start? I started the 6th but I don't have that high CP's, yet. My highest is 1738 while my lowest of the top six is 1273...

Do I dare ask, do you use pokevision?

RPG-D RPGfix
Back