• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Gaming Pokemon Go

I started on 7/11. I've used Pokevision a couple times to scope out potential hunting grounds to see what shows up there, and occasionally to figure out where the monsters in my neighborhood are, because until the 'footsteps' tracker gets fixed, it's almost impossible to find anything the normal way, and I'm not going outside in that 95-degree heat unless I know where I'm going, lol. I don't really consider it cheating considering it's an official API, and I'm still actually going to all places with my own feet.

I'm looking forward to the next chance I get to visit Charleston, SC - I could see on PV that it's a great place to find stuff that simply doesn't appear around where I live (e.g. Voltorb and Omanytes) and it's filled with historical pokestops.

Do you battle in gyms? I can only ever get 4 in them at one time, sadly.

Absolutely, when I have the time. The max I've held at once is 5, which I think is pretty good. I've been trying to collect as many pokecoins as possible (via the defender bonus) to help with the store purchases.

That's super sick. I like getting that stardust/ xp from fighting gyms. Sucks that you get less xp for training at your own than you do for battling others. The xp grind is a difficult one.

I think XP for evolution should scale with candies required. It seems unfair that spending 12 on a Pidgey is the same as spending 400 on a Magikarp.

My name is StarArmyRP so every gym I hold is like a tiny advertisement for the site, lol.

Big accomplishment today! My first 24-hour hold on a gym! I fought hard to raise the level of a gym with a 2000 CP Lapras, and then put my 1948 Vaporeon in there and although they were able to take the gym next to it, no one managed to knock us out last night.

Also, last night I got my first Scyther and a 1300 Magmar!

I think XP for evolution should scale with candies required. It seems unfair that spending 12 on a Pidgey is the same as spending 400 on a Magikarp.

My name is StarArmyRP so every gym I hold is like a tiny advertisement for the site, lol.

It seems like something to this effect is happening. Higher CP pokemon now cost more to evolve. Watched my Kabadra go from 50 to 100 candies to evolve after I increased his CP.

ai.imgur.com_4ssJTkT.png

I went ahead and did the thing, Wes. I hope that's ok :x

That's awesome! But I've heard other trainers can't see our Pokemons' names (probably for the best lol).

It seems like something to this effect is happening. Higher CP pokemon now cost more to evolve. Watched my Kabadra go from 50 to 100 candies to evolve after I increased his CP.
It's not evolution that cost more, it's the upgrading that scales up. Unless you're talking about stage 2 to 3 (eg. Wartortle to Blastoise costs more than Squirtle to Wartortle). Pay attention to how full the "arc" above your pokemon is - the more "full" it is, the higher the stardust cost to upgrade it more. If you reach the end it's the max CP for your player level.

So I tried this game because I thought that I would simply level up by running. I ran 5 miles in a day and was sorely disappointed to find that I caught nothing. I swiftly proceeded to delete my account at level 4....

Team Valor >>>>
There ain't much Pokemons 'round my place, since I don't even have 3G, barely, I managed to capture all my 24 Pokemons at home and school during break times.
250+ CP Rhydon and 230+ CP Arbok, best ones I have for now.

Currently level 26. I've been slowly crawling my way up when I have spare time.

Managed to get to level 6, went to the mall see Suicide Squad, cinema was closed, so I went to catch Pokemons in the Highway.
Caught a 130+ CP Slowpoke, a Rattata and a Weedle.
I need more luck, certainly.

Heyya, Since I have been getting back into Pokemon Go and have been playing a lot, I thought I will put my friend code here for anyone who wants to be friends

Friend code: 0203 3927 0278 (Name is Lilithicanna)

@Wes, Lucky, there isn't that many people who seem to do raids around where I live so most of the time I am soloing and it has gotten harder since I gave all my gen 1 pokemon to Let's Go.

I joined a local Pokemon Go Discord server for my town, and it helps find people to raid with.

You can increase your friend level once a day by a battle, trade, or sending gifts...once we're high level friends (3 stars) we can battle each other remotely (gives rewards 3 times day).

RPG-D RPGfix
Back