• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Population of Yamatai Star Empire

Doshii Jun

Perpetual player
Retired Staff
We don't know it. Wes said it's been a long time since it's been considered. The YSE has much fewer ships and even fewer worlds to claim. It also has fewer Neko, while the civilian population might have grown up behind them.

So, what should be the population? I say 50 billion, with 10 billion Neko. (It's like an auction.)

The only real way to do this would be to basically do a census of sorts where we assign a population to each Yamataian world and then tally them up, but that will be a task that will take me some time.

Wes, you're the faction manager. You can make up a number and poof, it's reality. The number's not defined ICly, so you can make up whatever you want.

We can spread out the population afterward. We know a lot of the Neko are in the KMS, most of the rest of the population is on Yamatai and the other planets.

A firm number is what we could use. It might help with the IWL discussion, too.

If we haven't done it, maybe it might be about time for a rough census for all the factions or even the species to be done. It seems like this is a problem/question that's dotted up throughout SARP history and has been only touched on partially. It also goes without saying that most of the races should have some sort of census number... right? I recall there being someone on most apps listing "population count" which could probably be figured out for a rough species census table at the very least.

I will try to get updated numbers on Yamatai's star systems and planets soon, but it's a big task! Maybe I can set up a spreadsheet that I can use to automatically increase populations from time to time.

I've alluded to it in chat, but @Gunsight1 is drawing me a cool space station that'll serve as a colony and terraforming station for a currently barebones system, as well as a commerce hub between two YSE regions. Think a few million Nekos from overpopulated Yamatai would take that colonization contract? :p

ICly, a census may have been conducted in late YE 39 as that was the last time that a census conducted on Essia. I'm planning for a second census in late YE 41, but I'm lazy about updating the page. It is possible that Essia missed a yearly census because it was occupied for the YE 40 census,

RPG-D RPGfix
Back