• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Rejected Submission Portable Pharmacy

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hello! Let's see if this submission meets the requirements for inclusion in Star Army's lore...

[ ✔️ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ ✔️ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template
[ ✔️ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ ✔️ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate
[ ✔️ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels
[ ✔️ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern)
[ ✔️ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ✔️ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Here's some fixes this article still needs:

1. OOC section doesn't seem to be finished.
2. Some of the sentences seem out of place. For example, the best description of the appearance is weirdly in the usage section, and the history section doesn't say who made it.
3. Where's the list of available drugs it dispenses?

When these fixes are made, please post a reply here so I can re-check the article. Thank you!

1: I changed the OOC section around to match the normal OOC section stuff
2: Flipped Usage and Design, also added that Wazu made it in the history section.
3: Under the usage area there is a basic description of what the Pharmacy can do. I didn't think I needed to explicitly state which drugs the device can dispense. That might be something to build upon later but having drug names listed out is more work than I would like to do right now.

@Wes

Would you like me to add a list of drugs, @Zack? If you DM me the names, I can add them to the article - I have a bit of free time at the moment.

And deal with having to go through other people to use their stuff? No thanks. It’s already a pain to try and reuse my old Nepleslian submissions for new stuff and I only have so much time/intrest for tech articles. Making another dozen articles along with months waiting for approval isn’t an appealing prospect.

I just need the things I will be referencing in RP.

May I have a status update on this please, @Wes?

In my official opinion, I still think that this submission should list the drugs it is capable of dispensing for the following reasons:
  • It does not take much effort for someone with access to a computer - which I'm going assume that @Zack has - to add a list to a wiki article.
  • There is no longer a backlog in the NTSE, thus there is no NTSE-related reason a submission would take over a month to be approved.
  • There is no in-character reason USO would not be able to purchase commercially-available drugs - not when it can convert its ArcMarks into DA via Nepleslia and use the latter to purchase the aforementioned drugs.
  • Star Army is a community, @Zack - having to "go through other people to use their stuff" via communicating with them is, well, a fact of life, and besides: in my experience, folks like @Nashoba (whose corporation, Emrys Industries, makes the majority of the drugs on the aforementioned list) are usually pretty open about letting others make use of their company's products as long as their permission is obtained first.

Given what occurred earlier today, should I mark this as "Rejected" - with the caveat that it can be re-submitted by someone else in the future - @Wes?

Last edited:
RPG-D RPGfix
Back