• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Approved Character Poseidon

The wiki is supposed to be omniscient. Can you include the information that is withheld? Also just noticed "make" instead of male for gender.

Is this supposed to be an enemy NPC or a regular player character?

Types of Characters​

On Star Army, there are two primary types of characters that appear in the roleplay: player characters (PCs) and non-player characters (NPCs). characters are further divided into one of several character statuses:
  • Player Characters (character: namespace)
    • Active - played currently or recently
    • Inactive - player inactive for 30 days or more
    • Adoptable - flagged as available to adopt
  • Non-Player Characters (character:npc: namespace
    • In Use - A GM or FM is currently using or reserving this character
    • Available - GMs and FMs can post for this character as needed
    • On Loan - GM or FM has loaned this character to someone
Character Status is marked in the Struct field on their character page (visible during editing).

Player Characters​

Player characters (PCs) are the characters whose speech and actions are controlled by players instead of by the GM. They're the “main characters” of the story. Maybe even the heroes. The storyline will follow them.
Role-Players put themselves in the role of player characters characters adventuring in the Star Army universe. Quite simply, a player character (PC) is a character that any player primarily controls in any sort of game setting. Usually, these are the characters you spend the most time developing in a roleplay setting because they are the ones that the story will revolve around.

Non-Player Characters​

In contrast, non-player characters (NPCs) are controlled by a plot's Game Master (typical), a faction manager, or the creator of the roleplaying thread. They're are part of the imaginary environment in which the player characters are adventuring. Control of NPCs can be shared in some cases.
Create NPCs articles in the Character:NPC: namespace using the NPC Template. There are random generators for NPCs available.
Non-Player Characters (NPCs) are characters that are part of the imaginary environment that the characters are adventuring in. They are controlled by a plot's Game Master.

I think that story-wise, they are closer to an NPC as I don't really feel that they are a protagonist sort, but a force that protagonists (The forks of Sacre in my case) have to deal with. He also has that villain NPC power of "Yhea I'm back to torment you in nearly impossible ways because of plot" (Instead of plot armor, more like plot knife in the back). That said, I'm also intending him to be in plots with other criminal sorts of characters. I think I'm going to classify them as a PC because they are held closer than NPCs and it feels like the safer choice when it might be ambigous.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back