• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP: YSS Kaiyō Post Mission 19: YE 41 Year End Celebration!!

YSS Kaiyō II
VR Room

The door to the VR Room opened and Kikios's crested form arrived late. And in a white bath robe. She flapped her wings and skipped in. "Hi guys I made it-" she called out, taking notice of the snowy scene. "Huh... this doesn't look like an onsen..." Well, she guessed she should just give out her presents then. She went around distributing the presents she had gotten everyone under their trees, not making any comment about her choice of clothing.

A metallic clanking sound made it obvious the gynoid girl was approaching. When she came through the door, she was invisible, but the noises she made when she walked and the firm imprints her metal feet left on the fake snow gave away her location. She made a quiet giggle and a beep before silently (no, not at all silently) proceeding towards Hoshi, thinking she would be able to surprise her.

YSS Kaiyo II
VR Chamber

Wulf Soban

Wulf was happy to have Kiyo in a embrace. Pulling away slowly he still kepts his hands around her as he stood behind her. Enjoying the comfort of having his love next to him and a perch for his head and saw where she pointed. Noting now who the big Nepper was he could only whistle. "Damn he got big". Chuckling at the changes "I'll have to ask him later what the heck they fed him". Smiling enjoying the peace he saw that they where missing a few still but glad so far the crew had assembled.

YSS Kaiyo II
VR Chamber
Sakura Sjet

Sakura looked around the gathering and noticed a few couples and people going into smaller groups. Pondering how to get them all to mingle and her own urge to dance as he tail moved to the beats from Gravity's music device. Seeing the blue neko dance made Sakura smile. Jumping into the dance she waved playfully at her before speaking "Oh Happy Yule Gravity" she purred. Following her moves and matching to the rhythm "My Dear you have to help me there is too few out here and this Neko wants everyone to join in on the fun". With a devilish grin on her face she waited for the other agent of chaos reply as she busted a move.

YSS Kaiyo II
VR Chamber
Kiyo Soban Kiyomori

Kiyo was all content and happily smiling as she felt his hands around her. As he rested his head she gently leaned it against his own. She chuckled at her lover’s joke about what they must have fed their climate and grinned. “Yeah, I have been wondering that myself, so if you ask make sure to tell me, kay? She asked him, and smiled again as she looked at Valkyr “doesn’t Valkyr look cute?”

YSS Kaiyo II
VR Chamber

Wulf Soban

Smiling and replying softly "I'll be sure to tell you when I find out". As he followed her gaze to the little drake he felt a little bad. Though she was utterly cute in her outfit he also couldn't help but see the look of embarrassment. Whispering to Kiyo " She is adorable but you can tell she seems embarrassed". Calling over to the little drake "Valk dear your cute but come on over here". As he watched the little drake move over to them and chirp "Valk if you want we can take that off if your not comfortable my favorite little hunter".

YSS Kaiyo II
VR Chamber
Kiyomori

Kiyo smiled as her lover had agreed to her request, before their attention went to their Drake, who it appeared was feeling embarrassed due to the getup that Gravity had forced her in. Valkyr heard papa calling her so she went over to the two lovebirds and when she heard that, he said that they could take it off, the sounds that came from the small creature was loud and excited she agreed to that proposal, she wanted this abomination off her.

Kiyo chuckled and carefully helps Valkyr by taking it off with some help from Wulf. Once the outfit was off, she took off flying and showing off how happy she was.

YSS Kaiyo II
VR Chamber

Wulf Soban

He watched the little drake fly above and oh so happily. So happy to see her flying and free Wulf couldn't help but smile more. Speaking half to him self "Now that is better, prefer the little one flying so contently then being down and sad". Stuck in thought and staring in the sky for him he wished he could capture the moment of seeing the drake soar in the snow lit sky.

YSS Kaiyo II
Cabin 5

Alexander Mathews

Alexander Mathews made his way into the crew quarters that was assigned to him, and the door slides open. He doesn't see anyone in there so he figures he will meet with Hildr later, and figures out what kind of person they are. With this, he stepped into the room with a large bag in his left, and a somewhat large, but flat case in his right. He sets these on the bed he figures that is not is not taken, and glanced around the room a little bit. "Best not to be nosy."

Alexander stared at the large duffel bag he put on his bed, and the case for his bow, but the heard the communicator sound off. He pulled it from his pocket and looked at it for a moment, "The VR room?" He stuffed it back in his pocket, and figured he can work on getting stuff put away later. He turned to leave the room and made his way out..

VR Chamber

Alexander Mathews

Alexander steped into the VR Room wearing just what he would normally wear when he was on leave, a black tanktop, and a pair of dark green cargo pants. He looked at the scene and the people that are present. "Is this a yule party?" He knows of the holiday, but doesn't seem to have much of a clue on how to celebrate it, Being the new member on the ship, Alexander only actually met one person, and that was Saya, who is occupied. He did get a checkup from her earlier in the day after all.

Alexander moved away from the door, and it shut behind him. He just moved to the side at this point, not sure what to do. He is new aboard the ship after all.

"Hei-Mathews reporting to the VR Room for a yule party!" Alexander said in a somewhat loud and projected voice while saluting. He isn't yelling, but everyone in the room probably didn't have an issue hearing him at all. "It is a pleasure to meet you all, and I look forward to working with everyone here."

His introduction is out of the way, and he might have upset someone, but that salute is lowered at this point.

Last edited:
YSS Kaiyo II
VR Chamber

Kiyo smiled as she too watched Valkyr fly so happily “yup you’re right,” she said to him not realizing he wasn’t actually speaking to anyone. It was clear that perhaps Valkyr didn’t like the outfit she had been forced to wear, and it made her concerned Gravity wasn’t pleased with that.

Her attention went to the doors as they opened and someone new had arrived. “Ohhh, newcomer,” she said with a happy smile. She moved towards him, and possibly pulling Wulf along since her hand was holding his own. “Welcome to the Kaiyo 2!” she said to the newcomer. “I hope you’re ready to kick Kuvexian butt, and look cool doing it as some might say.” her other hand lifted to shake his hand. “I’m Kiyomori-hei, but you can call me Kiyo for short, and this is Wulf”

YSS Kaiyo II
VR Chamber

William looked thoughtful for a moment before replying to Eden. "I think I'll probably stick with swords. Although I'm up for learning to use some new one. I want to get better with my Kurigame." He replied.

He watched as everyone went about their buisness, smiling and laughing the day away. He took a swig of his whiskey and gave a small smile as well.

Then a new face strode in. 'Another newbie eh?' He thought to himself. He raised a drink in greeting. "Welcome aboard." He said from his position in the snow.

Kaiyo II
VR Deck

Saya smiled and just relaxed, happy to be amongst the people of the ship she basically considered family. She pressed herself into Wyatt for a hug and enjoyed his warmth before she spotted the newcomer. She had just finished up with Alexander and was glad to see him again. She pulled Wyatt along with her to introduce them.

She waited until there was a break in the conversation to butt in and introduce Wyatt to him. "Alexander! You made it! I'm sorry I forgot to tell you, I get a bit scatter brained sometimes. I want to introduce you to Wyatt,my boyfriend. Wyatt,this is Alexander, and new crew member and infantry on the ship. I took care of his intake physical before I got here."

YSS Kaiyo II

VR Chamber

Alexander Mathews

Alexander lowered his hand from the salute he was making, and looked around the room a little, still taking the sight. Then came a neko and someone else being dragged along.

"Thank you, Kiyomori-hei, and Kiyo it is then." said Alexander. He turned his head a bit to look to Wulf, and nodded to the man, "And it is nice to meet you as well, Wulf." He noticed someone else welcomed him aboard the ship and responded with a wave to William. He looked back to Kiyo, and Wulf then said, "Right, my name is Alexander Mathews. It is nice to meet the both of you." He bowed lightly to the two of them.

"Yes! I did make it. Also, don't worry about it. I needed to get my stuff to my room anyway." Alexander responded to Saya. He turned to look Wyatt, and smiled a bit, "Nice to meet you Wyatt. I do look forward to working with everyone on the ship, and I will do my best as well." Alexander seemed a little flustered with the little bit of attention he is getting, but he managed to keep his speech patterns in check.

VR Room

Hoshi took her thoughtful gaze from Indira to breeze over the gifts in-hand and nodded to the scientist with a gleam in her eye.

"Aye, that's a good idea! And while you're doing so I'll have Boss fashion a sort of dartboard for you-wha? What? I heard you say 'databoard' and my mind wandered. Listen," Hoshi sidled close to Indira and looked about at the rest of the party while she spoke out the side of her mouth. "You find a team for a friendly game of darts and I'll find a convenient excuse to help get you out of mandatory trip poker later." The little Nekovalkryja captain was desperately hoping she would get to set the record about the quasi-compulsory game of cards straight over a game of darts later with Indira. "I call Saya on my team, she has some experience in... the sport. And Chlorate, too. Good luck finding a team!"

Not ready to hear any protest from Indira, Hoshi turned and abruptly darted through the nearby trees and started lifting the lid of a woven basket. Soon a volumetric dartboard appeared hanging on a conveniently out of the way corner of the lakefront grove. A tray of darts materialized and sat on a small table near the dart board.

Chlorate's first clank when Hoshi was at the basket made Hoshi stumble back with a look of fear and bewilderment. Her hand grabbed behind her as she fell backwards. Then, she rose much more quickly than she had been falling and put a hand out towards Chlorate, shaking it to and fro.

"Your volumetrics are very fun to use, yes?" Hoshi asked Chlorate with a chipper smile before her mouth parted slightly. "Oh, you could probably use them to your advantage while playing darts." With more narrow eyes, she asked, "Do you want to learn to play darts? It will require a softer touch than I think you are assuming. Take it down a few notches on power output for this one, eh, Chloey?"

Eden looked to William, then back around to the goings on before she spoke to him, "We'll have to see how well you fight now. For now I think your motherr- Eh..." Eden saw the new addition to the crew come in and a shine grew in her eye as a smile brewed below. "You should talk to Rei," Eden added with a terse nod to William.

The Chusa opened her arms wide while she turned to the newest member of the ship, "Welcome aboard! I am Chusa Teien Eden, the ship's first officer." She lowered her arms to prop onto her hips, "Logisitics personnel told me you were bringing a bow with you- it's not power armor rated, is it?"

VR Room

William nodded at Eden's words. "I agree. I need to go see her, as well as the Princess." He replied as she went to go greet the newcomer. He hadn't spoke to them much since his death and rebirth, besides the few he was able to send out letting them know that he was okay. He had wanted to send out more messages, but boot camp plus his other 'special' training didn't leave him much time to communicate with the outside world.

He looked off in the distance and his eyes seemed to unfocus, but he was just accessing his mindware implant. Now that he was on the ship, he really didn't have an excuse for not speaking to them. However, he wasn't sure how they would react. He had changed quite a bit since he had last seen the two.

The marine sighed, then sent the message to both Aiko and Rei. "I'm home." Along with his current location on the ship.

YSS Kaiyo II
VR Chamber

Wulf Soban

Instinct made him Salute in return to the new comer. Following along with Kiyo he replied "It's a pleasure to meet you". Studying the new member to the crew he couldn't help but feel mentally for them not only did they just join a new crew but well with there entrance. Opening they wouldn't feel abit overwhelmed as he sure would of in there shoes he watched the semi gathering crowd.

YSS Kaiyo II
VR Chamber
Sakura Sjet

Sakura saw the new person and couldn't help but giggle to her self. Waving to the new comer she made her way over. Floating instead of walking she couldn't and help but inspect the fresh meat. She couldn't help but check them out especially hearing they are a bowman and she could recall fondly a previous one she had fun with a long time ago.

VR Room
Chlorate reappeared in front of Hoshi, blinking and beeping with surprise. "How did you know I was present?" she asked, not seeing the obvious answer that was attached to her ankles. She looked at the basket of darts and said "Affirmative, I would like to know how to play darts." The Chlobot misinterpreted what Hoshi said, though. "But I am afraid I cannot produce a softer touch. My fingers are made of metal and I cannot change their material. I can, however, reduce power usage." Chlorate beeped and her irises glowed more dimly. Upon listening closely, her mechanisms whirred more quietly. It seemed she had reduced the amount of power she was using in total rather than the force of her throw.

Kikios Leka noticed the newcomer and rushed over to greet them. She ran in front of Alexander and asked "Hello, who's this?", looking him over like a curious parrot. The cockatoo hadn't seen him before, she wondered if he was a new crew member. It looked like he was already getting a lot of attention, maybe he was someone popular?

YSS Kaiyo II

VR Room

Alexander Mathews

Eden had gotten Alexander's attention given he spotted her making her way to him. He blinked a couple of times, curious, but then came the introduction. He salutes the first officer, "Ma'am, my bow is more or less a personal item, and it is not rated for power armor. It can be set from a fifty pound draw up to one-hundred and twenty-five pound draw.." He sighed a little bit at that last part.

Alexander glanced over to Wulf for a moment, and noded to the man having saw the salute. He seemed to be relaxing a bit as he lowered his hand from the salute and it went back to his side. With all the few people that have gathered around him, he seems to be at a little bit of a loss for words. He did introduce himself, but there is now another neko floating her way over to him. That did get him to tilt his head to the side ever so slightly.

Alexander jumped back a bit when Kikios Leka ran right in front of him, and stopped. "Uh... Hello. I am Alexander Mathews." He smiled a little bit, then laughed sheepishly. "And you are?"

Indira Vaikar

Dread grew in Indira as she listened to Hoshi. Before she could say anything - to respectfully decline, primarily - the captain was gone.

Her shoulders slumped a bit. Social situations were not her strong point; having to assemble a team and lead them was - well, it was only something she'd done in her science and engineering classes. Not all of them had been great memories.

Still, she would follow orders. It was the only way she could stomach the 'assignment', as it were.

First, she carefully deposited her gifts under the trees. First were two small boxes and a long something that had been crudely wrapped. The rest were just stacks of simple envelopes that had a basic Yule design printed onto them.

That done, she looked around the room. There were newcomers and crew she'd had little contact with all throughout the room, introducing themselves and being cheery. A knot in her stomach was carefully unwound with just the right application of a depressant; the side effect was that she was even more dispassionate than usual. She mulled on how to get a team together in a way that didn't require her to introduce herself to the entire room one at a time.

Finally, she pulled out her datapad and linked it to the VR. After a few moments, a blazing neon sign appeared above her.

dartslfg.gif

Satisfied, she waited expectantly for prospective team members to appear.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back