• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Post-Mission 26] [Aside] Welcome to the Gun Show

HotelKilo

Inactive Member
YSS Eucharis - Sleeper Module

Lying flat on her back with the volumetrics of the communicator resting on her chest floating above, Bel casually scrolled through the latest posts making the rounds online... Nothing was really striking her fancy, but she had promised herself some more down time. After the turmoil of the last mission, the dark winged Elysian felt an increased desire to actually enjoy the success she'd fought hard for. A small alert icon neko waved from the corner of the display and Bel reached a wing tip up to boop the tiny figure on the nose, replacing Blendr with her mailbox.

Her head almost went through the bunk as she sat up with an excited gasp! Discovering the Second Chance Salvage Company's catalog online had been a welcome bonus to her boredom killing strategy, even if it had also drained her wallet. Now, though, the starport post office's delivery message was sitting right there indicating a whole literal pallet of goodies was waiting outside. The question was where to put it... Despite her conversation with Shiho, and the Shosho's suggestion, they hadn't actually done anything about renting their own micro-apartment.

Putting that aside, along with indecent squeaks of excitement, Bel wiggled around, slotting her communicator back on her belt. Years of close quarters at home and in Star Army planetside quarters hadn't made the Eucharis sleeping module seem all that uncomfortable. Rolling out of her rack, she popped open her locker for something casual. That amounted to a single t-shirt with a scene of some rampaging monster movie creature she'd found at the laundry when working for the Logistics clerical pool.

It wasn't much. It would have to do, as Bel hesitated to put her uniform on during a day off. That would break the spirit of things, and possibly raise questions when someone in command white signed for a bulk shipment of quasi-legal Elysian military firearms. Pulling off her issue sweatshirt and tossing it back on the bunk, she changed tops before hooking her jika-tabi on.

The Plumeria-class vessel wasn't big to begin with. With so many crew on leave, detached duty, or enjoying the chance to visit the city it could feel a bit empty. It wouldn't last, Mehitabel reflected, once the yard dogs started to swarm they'd not get a minute's rest to themselves... At least she could hide on the bridge to avoid the worst of it.

Eucharis - Starport Pad

Stepping down the main boarding ramp into Yamatai's bright light and the cool, winter breeze made her regret not leaving the sweatshirt on. Soldiering on, Bel found a stack of packing crates with customs stickers and shipping labels plastered all over dumped off to the side in the shade of Eucharis' hull.

The cargo crew had at least taken a stab at arranging things. Her, her, case of optics and the standard container of 7.62 x 51 mm KS say at the bottom with more crates piled above and around. It was still a mess, and she still had to find somewhere to put. Nevertheless, Bel hopped off the ramp with mutli-tool in hand to start prying at the lid for whatever was on top.

@Gunsight1, @Dumont, @whoeverelse

Eucharis - Starport Pad

Tan Ann Pan pushed her own little cargo cart up to the container behind Mehitabel. Having no wheels and relying on levitation, the device was perhaps a bit too quiet. Tan herself wasn't adding much noise, at least not in the typical hearing range of most human-like species. She gently hauled it to a stop.

Aside from her kit, which made up half the pile, medical gear on the top, the bulk of her cargo was the hundred and ten bottles of sake and vodka she'd purchased from someone who was quite surprised to receive a great deal more than that number from some promotion. Along with her uniform alterations, it had taken the last of her funds for the transfer to purchase them, but the deal had been hard to pass up.

Tan was garbed much as she'd been at the festival, wearing her standard coat and cap over her duty uniform. Today she was also wearing her gloves, less expecting to juggle or use sleight of hand at the starport than she had on the streets of Kyoto, with candy. The day was more windy and sharp, as well.

Having grown up around the Medigeshrin Sea, made a living off of helping others show off in little or no clothing, and more recently, spent little time outdoors to spare her lungs the wrath of Funky City, Tan was unused to cold weather, and wondered if there was any way to make a scarf compatible with the uniform...

Perhaps a more pressing issue was her reluctance to ask for directions, or admit she didn't know what she was doing, which likely had far more effect on her comfort than whether she wore a scarf or not. Of course, the thought did not cross her mind. She found her way to the right hangar, eventually, and without having broken any regulations, yet.

Tan cleared her throat, not strenuously. It was hardly audible, but she'd keyed her sonic emitter to play a little ditty, which seemed a far better way to gain attention. (No one she knew wanted their computer to notify them using throat-clearing noises, after all.) Once she'd spoiled the surprise, she greeted Mehitabel. "Good day! I believe we've yet to meet, but something tells me you know where to put things in storage around here. I am Tan Ann Pan, we should soon be working together."

Eucharis - Starport Pad

A head crowned with dark black hair, mixed with dark blue highlights, popped up from under a crate lid. The slender Elysian came up holding a short curved blade in her hand and a bright smile, despite almost certainly being frigid in nothing more then a t-shirt and shorts. "Ah, Pan-hei, our new medic!" Mehitabel replied cheerfully, "We have not met, but it is a pleasure to see you. Chasan-hei was reassigned rather suddenly and we definitely need professional medical personnel."

Bel looked down at her own pile of crates, then up at Tan again, "I believe some of the ship's personnel have rented storage space for some of their Hall-o-ween drawing prizes as well. Suites-heisho is organizing things, though you may be able to fit that in your quarters of Toyoe-heisho doesn't object."

"And where are my manners," she chirped suddenly, even as the hand still inside the crate pulled out the long, slim form of a silenced Covert Ops pistol from the case, "I am Mehitabel Calidius-hei, Ship's Clerk. If you need anything written up or hurried along, I'd be happy to help."

Last edited:
Eucharis - Starport Pad

"I am a professional medical person, it's true," Tan admitted, clasping her hands behind her back, and letting her cart shut down to wait idle. "However the others might feel, I'd find it uncomfortable to keep more than ten bottles in quarters at most, and that would still leave a hundred. I've been out of the loop so far, it would help me to have that sorted. I don't need this much to drink, so I was hoping to share with the crew, anyway."

Though her glasses remained fully opaque, she still had a good image Bel built up from using echolocation. With the revelation of the pistol, she focused with a higher frequency scan to identify it, and soon inclined her head toward the rare weapon. "My, my. What is that doing here?"

Last edited:
Eucharis - Starport Pad

"Hm. That is quite a lot of alcohol to have... Around," Mehitabel agreed, not having realized just how much of Tan's loaded belongings were composed of her winnings. Tapping her lip, she nodded, "Then you will want to see Suites-heisho. Black uniform panel, very, I believe the expression is 'buff'. Quite a few of the crew are chipping in to share a storage unit with him. As a result of the same drawing, I believe."

Realizing that, for all purposes, she was brandishing weapons at her newest crewmate, Bel lowered them back to the packing material in the open crate with a grin, "Well, I had some free time to browse the Second Chance catalog. It turns out they have quite a few hidden gems available at fairly affordable prices and I... May have splurged a tad in anticipation of a new apartment."

Eucharis - Starport Pad

Tan had no idea how to contact the other crew electronically from a cold start, but she wasn't about to ask. She tapped her glasses. "I'll keep an eye out for him, so to speak." She craned her neck around and did a quick search for anyone else, hugging herself. "Would it be a bother if I left my kit here?

" should report to the captain as soon as I board, and I don't want to bring too much baggage. It seems I should either ask if she wants to stockpile booze in the hold, or go find this storage unit quickly, and return very soon. The latter seems better for first impressions, so long as I don't arrive frozen solid."

Eucharis - Starport Pad

"You could always try SYNCing him," she suggested, "Candon H. Suites."

Bel gestured to her own piles of crates next to the much neater stack of Tan's belongings, "Feel free. I shall be here quite a while sorting through my delivery, figuring out what's where. The Captain should be either on the bridge or her quarters, though you may want to see Lime-hei, the cook, if you intend to donate liquor to the mess. Have you ever been aboard a Plumeria-class, Pan-hei?"

Pointing back into the cargo hold and gesturing up a little, she gave directions, "Straight through the cargo bay, fabrication, then you'll see the zero-g passage."

Eucharis - Starport Pad

Tan shrugged, and took out her communicator. "SYNC message to Candon H. Suites. Inform him that I wish to store my salvage purchase with the others, and request access." She pocketed the device, and let the AI handle the rest, continuing her conversation with Mehitabel. "This will be the first time I've been aboard any warship, in fact. Previously, I've only been aboard shuttles and starliners."

Eucharis - Starport Pad

"I was on a Concordia once, in dock," she replied honestly, leaning against the pile of goods between her and the ship's new medic. Bel shrugged slightly.

"Most of my time has been spent under or almost under, ground. Ironic, for the Star Army, I think," she sniffed, the cold starting to really whip into her now, "You seem to have had a, ah, different sort of career Pan-hei."

Eucharis - Starport Pad

"Different from space duty? Well, yes. I've been a doctor for most of my life, but never a medical officer, so I serve in a different capacity. It's fair enough. I have no credentials as a trauma surgeon, so I start at the bottom, here. I don't mind that, I've been looking forward to some combat.

"I've been on battlefields before, but only while unarmed and unarmoured, and I hear that's not the right way to experience it." Tan flashed a grin.

Eucharis - Starport Pad

"It really isn't," Bel agreed with a slight chuckle, sighing as her fingers drummed against the closed case, "Still! It is excellent to have you aboard, Pan-san. Hopefully the Eucharis won't be too rough on you."

Eucharis - Starport Pad

Tan laughed. "As long as the other crew don't fight over the room assignments with grenade launchers, I'm sure it won't be. It looks like my share of the storage unit would cost me more than my goods are worth, so I'll just take your advice." She started toward the ship, then looked back at Mehitabel, briefly. "Should I ask them to bring you something warm?"

Eucharis - Starport Pad

"No, no grenade launchers," she said with a laugh, before briefly wondering if her arsenal would net her improved sleeping quarters.... Then swiftly deciding against that. The bunk was really enough space for her to sleep.

"Mm! No, I'm going to take the situation in hand and go put my sweatshirt back on," Mehitabel's wings twitched as she tried not to wrap them around herself, "I hadn't expected it to be so chilly."

Eucharis - Starport Pad

"Very well, I suppose our goods can watch themselves for the moment. They've made it this far." She carried on, walking briskly into the hangar to board the ship. Tan was eager to find some warmth, even with overwear, and was a bit overdue to complete her transfer, in any case.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back