• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Kaiyō Post-Mission Eight: Pink & Orange

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakei

The Breakfast Baron
YSS Kaiyō II
Medical Bay
31日 7月 YE 39
0700 Hours

The princess and XO were both skipping breakfast after the mission on Komorebi had gone according to plan. The mission was such a success that the ship was bequethed a prisoner of war in exchange for the trial of the waves and onslaught of opponents.

Eden turned to the princess as they stood at the door outside of the medical bay. She looked at her Kohosei's red eyes and then down to her own folded hands over her groin before signalling to the MEGAMI, Boss, to open the door. She ducked her head and entered the med bay with the princess behind her and went directly to the medic, immediately relieving them of duty and sent them out of the med bay with a succinct, "Arigatou."

She then turned her attention on the L'Kor in the corner. She watched the creature for a moment with pacivity and then dropped a shoulder and spoke in a low telepathic form of communication with the princess.

"The first thing to do is ascertain what abilities this creature has compared to our own and then work from there. Speak to them on matter of poitical importance once we have garnered that information. But, please, speak to them first." Eden's voice even through telepathy was warm and inviting.

The L'Kor in question was wide awake, sitting in the corner of their cell. Their thin body was covered in a sea of burnt orange feathers, with light streaks of white cutting through the undersides of their primaries. Two dark, navy blue eyes skipped back and forth between the two intimidating looking white-clad Nekovalkyrja, their feathery face split down the middle by a stubby charcoal beak. The L'Kor sat silent as it had been, lanky black arms crossed over the pink POW garment they had been issued overnight.

Aiko's Ketsurui red eyes had been locked on Eden's as the shosa sent her silent message. Though the XO's words carried an easy, casual tone, Aiko took them as orders. She was here, after all, because her position as a public relations liasion — even a trainee such as herself — was apparently the next best thing in the absense of a SAINT operative when it came to debriefing prisoners. The princess' assent remained wordless, though, only acknowledging by way of shifting her gaze toward the L'Kor.

"I am Ketsurui Aiko of the Star Army of Yamatai," she began placing the tip of her sword's sheath on the ground so she could rest her hands atop its white hilt. Her voice was full and direct, and she managed to look down her nose despite the inherent stature shared by all L'Kor. "Is there anything you would like to volunteer to me now? Your name, perhaps?"

The imprisoned L'Kor looked up at Aiko, keeping a silent poker face. Despite their quiet nature, there were many tells that the prisoner was worried, even seemingly afraid. Their toes tapped on the cell floor lightly, talons clacking against the hard tile. It wasn't a situation they wanted to find themselves in from the beginning. He had studied Yamataigo a fair bit, but wasn't all that great at speaking it.

The L'Kor remained quiet, before exhaling in a bit of an airy tone, like a whistle. He took several attempts, before speaking in his native tongue. "Lamor." It was the only verbal response they gave.

Eden clapped her hands together and said, "Well, that's a start. Your name, I take it. I am the XO of this ship, Shosa Teien Eden. Anything else you can tell us?"

Lamor kept quiet, looking to the side a bit. There was a lot more he could tell them, less he was sure he could tell them, and some he wasn't sure how to tell them. And then again, there was no trust for either of these imperialistic women. They could just siphon his knowledge and cut his head off. The talon clacking sped up in tempo. The long fingers of the bird-like prisoner curled lightly around their waist as they locked eyes with the first officer's.

The first officer didn't seem too aggressive, their eyes empowering, but not quite oppressing. The L'Kor stammered, trying to speak in Yamataigo. "I-I'm a soldier." It was all Lamor could get out, clearly discomforted with speaking in these people's language. There was an odd air about them, definitely not a frontline combatant without that armor around them.

"Soldiers are treated fairly by Yamatai no matter their nationality. Tell me what you can of your species." Eden said it quickly and as if in one breath.

The L'Kor raised their brows, still looking at the two. Lamor somewhat understood what she was saying, but it didn't make complete sense, especially with how fast the officer was speaking. Part of him didn't believe it, he had seen the ferocity of the army in action, and been told of all the horrible things they did. All that came from him at first was a subtle, airy huff. Not one of an absolute scoff, but rather one of confusion. The L'Kor kept quiet, toes stopping.

Eden breathed in sharply and bent down, saying, "We have offered you rights of first contact and a pink bathrobe. What more do you want from us before you start giving us answers to questions we need to ask you?"

Lamor reeled back, his spine thumping against the wall as he looked at the two imperialists. He collected his thoughts, deciding it would be a better to spew them out than risk staying in thought any longer. "I-I was told you'd torture me, throw me out..." The L'Kor's Yamataian was very rusty, but he he was saying enough to get his point across. His breathing slowed slightly, settling down. "I'll answer, answer anything, if I know I won't be ejected into space to die once you're done."

"Who is the most powerful L'Kor in this sector of space and where are they?" Eden asked with an edge to her voice.

The L'Kor held back for just a moment, his own question hadn't been answered. On one hand, he could stay quiet and die a hero. On the other hand, he could tell them and maybe die a coward.

Lamor, however, was not a hero. After a few moments, the L'kor brought his amrs up, wagging his lanky hands to the side for a moment in explanation. It was worth a shot. "You are looking for wrong information. The L'Kor, they are just the..." The birdlike creature inhaled the sentence for a second, trying to think of the right word. "...pawn."

Lamor shakily stood up, pacing about halfway to the out-facing side of the cell to face the two. It was now apparent again that L'Kor were quite lanky creatures. "It is the Kuvexians you should be looking for. They're the real threat." The L'Kor was nervous for sure, still stammering, but his statements held up.

"Hmmm..." Eden said, looking to Aiko. She telepathically said, "Gather your thoughts and tell me what you think." Before Aiko could respond, Eden was talking to the L'Kor again. "Tell us more. Who and where!" There was an arrogance and demandingness to her voice as she nearly yelled.

Lamor shrank just a little bit, but his voice started to become steady. Best to not escalat. "Yes, I know one... Au, Ay..." The bird tried for a moment to pronounce it, before clearing his throat. "Aurinda, yes. She is a powerful Kuvexian, a.... Kingpin, if you would call her that. She owns this biiig station, not too far I think. It's a bit of a..... a..."

The L'Kor paused. trying to think of the word in Yamataian. "Bunker. A social one. She sits on the top while everyone else works in the middle, military docks." Lamor nodded, running it through his head again for clarity.

"Thank you, really. You will be treated well here for your efforts to help us and because you are deserving of being treated well. Would you like to talk to a princess of Yamatai?" Eden asked.

Lamor sighed lightly, stepping forward. He wasn't expecting such a sudden to shift in personality, still mildly confused on the hospitality. The L'Kor craned his neck as he spoke up with his own question, calm. "Those exist?"

"Yes," Eden said, sweeping her arm towards Aiko. "I'll leave you two to talk."

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back