• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Kaiyō Post-Mission Eight: The Smol Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arbitrated

The Smollest Smol
🦊 FM of Neshaten
YSS Kaiyō II
Captain's Ready Room
31日 7月 YE 39
0730 Hours

Hoshi sat behind her desk in her ready room seemingly staring off into space when, in reality, she was connected to SPINE through her seat and was going over ship reports in her mind. She had called Arbitrated Iemochi to her ready room to discuss the previous battle and some concerns the little Neko had and to ask if the former Shan had any herself.

Three cascading, light raps fell upon the door, the magenta-feathered elysian on its opposite side. "Miss Hoshi, you requested my presence?" Her little voice floated through the room softly.

Hoshi nodded and signaled for Arbitrated to sit while she swung an arm out towards the chair slowly. She brought her eyes to the little Iemochi and asked her a question.

"How have you been enjoying your time aboard the Kaiyō II?" Hoshi asked.

"Hmm..." The to-be-mother's face flexed adorably as she hummed out her thoughts. "I would say that yes, overall the time on board this vessel has been quite pleasant. I still am growing somewhat accustomed to not being with my husband at night, though..."

"That will be solved soon," Hoshi said decisively.

"Oh?" The little birb perked up, blinking slightly. "Ah, you must have some plan, then." She took a brief look around the ready room. Very neat, indeed... Arbles felt as if she had walked into an office more than the somewhat home-like feel of the Kaiyo I's rooms. Perhaps it was just the ship being so new, though. The tropical fish in a tank built into the bookcase behind her stared at her and Hoshi's meeting as it went on.

"Hai!" The little Neko said, "I do, indeed. You will be promoted to NCO very soon, Arbitrated Iemochi-hei. You have shown an excellence in and out of battle that goes with being recognized."

The disproportionate Caelisolan suppressed a gasp, but was incapable of holding away the smile for more than a few heartbeats. "Ah, thank you Chusa! I won't disappoint!" It was odd, to those who knew Arbles from the first ship. She normally wasn't so formal... Then again, she never had been anything close to an officer before. Her little chest swelled out and collapsed again, moving steadily as she kept herself as calm as she could. An officer! I actually somehow became an officer!

Hoshi nodded knowingly and then went on, "Thank you for always being a wonderful member of the crew and always being there for the ship." She stood from her desk and came forward, towards Arbitrated. As she did, she spoke, "It is not easy to get to be a part of a crew such as this. We experience rewarding missions and endeavor to seek out that which has not yet been found. I am humbled that the original Kaiyō's crew has been here to share the experiences that the namesake lives up to."

The little one chuckled politely. "I believe our excellent leadership has been a boon to the mission, Chusa. Many of us, when we had been assigned here, were still completely new to combat as a whole; of course, it's clear that is no longer the case." Surprisingly, Arbles did hold her ground-er, space?-as Hoshi walked towards her, not to be defiant or rude, but simply standing there.

The Chusa looked down at Arbitrated's hand and then grasped it with both of her own hands after she had sat down in the chair opposite Arbitrated, who shortly followed suit.

"We have excellent achievements to accomplish as a group. I hope to see those achievements unlocked soon. You know a Santo Hei weapons operator is an unlikely thing. It is fortuitous that you gained the position on the Kaiyō when you did. And, now, we are here. Do the enduring goals of the Empire line up with your own, though, Iemochi-hei, I must know." Hoshi was quiet but still full of life as she spoke.

"I would say... Likely yes, that I would be upholding the empire's goals as I pursue my own fruits of labor." There was a brief pause of breath. "Perhaps it is the interpretaion, however, that may make people think otherwise-what do you think of the empire's goals? Or maybe I should ask, what do you think they mean? I can explain myself perhaps more in relation to you if I knew."

Letting go of Arbitrated's hand in order to put her index and thumb's fingertips to her lips, she thought a moment.

"Well obviously there's expansionism, there's multiculturalism, there's militarization, as well as achieving those things with compassion and intelligence. Now," Hoshi said, taking her fingertips away from her lips. "What do you think they mean?"

"Well... I would say that... Expanding isn't really bad by itself. It's actually quite good and... Generally necessary. Some people back on Elysia Novus would want to probably... Yeah, probably kill me for this but I think the influence from the other cultures has helped a lot for us... But I guess, I'm not the biggest fan of people always trying to be so... Military-happy I guess? What I mean is, a lot of people always talk about joining the army to go fight just to... Fight. I joined it I guess because... It was going to be a path to places I'd never see back home."

Hoshi sighed, saying afterwards, "I think I can understand that, though I haven't ever experienced such a longing. As a Neko you're expected to go places most would never see. I am glad other species get to experience such adventures as the ones Neko are made to face."

Arbles smiled politely. "Perhaps... But you always live with the wonder of such amazing places, which must be something. But-ah. I don't believe you called me in just to assign a new ranking and discuss my home... Unless I am mistaken?" She gently settled herself into the chair more, the little mother relaxing a bit.

"I did, in fact. To also get to know you a bit. You do sit in the most important position on the ship save for command." Hoshi said it all rather simply while she extended a hand in a gesture towards Arbs.

The smol giggled. "I guess some people see it that way... It's not without the help of people like Anastasia that I can do my own job, though." Taking a deep breath to sink more into the cushion a few more centimeters, Arbles spoke once more, "Well, I consider myself a... mostly open book. I hate to lie though, saying that."

"Well that's good, Iemochi-hei. I feel like I already have to some extent by knowing your goals. How did you feel when you knew Iemochi-juni was the one for you? And congratulations on your marriage, as well."

"Many thanks- When it came down to truly seeing Seino... I can't really say what all had gone on. We were gathered in the medical bay for some Soul Transfer back-ups, and... I guess the holiday helped push things in the right direction? It gets you to look into a person's eyes more; when I saw him, something just kinda... asked me to wander over. If I recall he was still actually quite distant from the rest of the crew at the time; many of the people in the infantry assignments were growing close, but everyone else was... Kind of a bit on the more cautious side if they worked on-board. It's..." She paused for a moment, eyes trained upwards as if filtering through thoughts as one would a filing cabinet, "Only been five or so months now? Six? And yet... We haven't faded away from each other."

"I see that it has been a very good five or so months for you. That is quite the way to meet. I heard from the logistics Neko that it was outside of the med bay that Teien Eden Shosa and her wife were seen kissing while on duty. Eeto... Can't be true." Hoshi looked to Arbitrated, saying no more.

Arbles giggled playfully. "I don't think any of us really could be considered truly on duty—well, the people present for the back-ups. Things certainly were going around for that day, even Meissa and Matsuvo were loosening up a bit around each other!" The Elysian woman blinked slowly towards Hoshi with a smile upon her glowing face.

"That sounds like quite the adventure of a day getting STs!" Hoshi said. "I once asked for certain memories to be left out of my ST and lo and behold, I was killed and forgot. I did remember asking for some of my memories to be left in the past, though. I just don't know which ones!" Hoshi had seemed chipper while she talked about this somber subject. "all for the best, I say. Tell me about your adventures on the Kaiyō, the original. You can leave out your most recent mission," Hoshi added tersely. "That one I know all I need to know about."

"Interesting choices, Miss Hoshi; I would prefer to keep as many of my memories intact as possible.. Ah-well, the first mission I can't say was my best preformace; at a time I had actually nearly abandoned everything because of a few stray missiles. We were fighting... A pirate fleet, or at least a few vessels that seemed pirate-y."

The second mission was heralded with a measured inhalation. "Eventually, we did come across some of the L'kor- a small shuttle which self destructed for some reason... I think that was about the time we met Amanozako? Or was that the next time... Either way, I wasn't in the best position to do much then; most of that came from our infantry. Of course, it wasn't much time after that we found a small fleet. It was... A couple carriers, hmm..." She mumbled some gibberish Seraphim words as she thought, "And a cruiser, I think it was. Something I felt more comfortable with-I guess I've always been a type of person to prefer engaging those higher threat, larget targets, I'm sure you probably could see that from the way our ship's weapon compliment is arranged."

She coughed to clear her throat. "I hadn't been able to properly fly for a while until we actually went to Komo-rebi for the first time; it was really nice to just... Soar around, even if for only a few minutes. There's just something nice about being able to fly around..." Her voice trailed a bit. "Well, and then after a bit we were fighting these new aliens in space... I can't remember their names? Though they seemed generally kind of beautiful they really, REALLY hated us so... ahem. After them we kinda ended up... In the other uh, dimension? Universe? And... I'm sure you got a full report on that. Although it was interesting learning more about the Aether reactor we use."

After her spiel, the little one cleared her throat again politely, folding her hands onto her lap as her legs crossed underneath her skirt.

Hoshi's brows raised at the mention of their last mission but said nothing about it. Instead she spoke out about a different matter as she said, "And the accumulation of all of these experiences, would you say they've made you a better, stronger person?"

"Well, stronger... Probably not. I think the physical fintess requirements of the basics training were more effective for strangth..." Arbles chuckled sweetly. "Well, I certainly think of myself as more of a person than if I had remained at home. The people I have met here have helped a lot." She laughed quietly as she remembered that one time Meissa and Matsuvo more or less literally dragged her into the wardroom, back when they all didn't really know each other too well.

Hoshi smiled contentedly and then said, "It's good to have those people by your side. Well, I think I have taken enough of your time."

"Hm? Oh- it's been that long already? Well... Many, MANY thanks, Chusa. Many thanks..." The tiny birb gently stood up, her candyfloss plumage shifting around behind her as she bowed to Hoshi, making her way out of the room quickly and politely. She couldn't wait[/i] to tell Seino the good news!

Hoshi bowed to Arbitrated and then was back behind her desk, connecting to SPINE.

@Ametheliana and myself

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back