• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP: YSS Kaiyō Post-Mission Five: Beach Party!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Immortal Cyan

The Cyan Neko
New Kyoto
Ketsurui Resort Hotel
Beach
16日 4月 YE 39
1950 Hours

Before heading out to the beach, Hanna broke herself off from the group and went to her room to slip on her bikini. Before leaving, she looked in the mirror to check the state of her makeup. Today, she was wearing a hot pink lip, a glitterly cut crease with light blue shades, and a light contour. Satisfied with the state of her appearance, she threw on a pair of shorts over her bikini, picked up a bag with amenities, and went outside. She sent a message to the rest of the crew beckoning them to join her.

Meanwhile, Mat was dressed in his swim trunks and waiting outside their room for Meissa to finish getting dressed. "Meissa, c'mon, we're missing all the fun!"

"I can't swim, you know that, unless if you help me oil my damn wings." Meissa was still in the room, rubbing a glossy layer of oil on. She was in a Star Army issued bikini, with a small bag of swimming stuff beside her.

Mat entered the room and walked over to Meissa. "Where do you need it on your wings?" He asked.

"Back, where wing meets shoulders." Meissa answered. "I'll try not to squirm too much." She gave him the bottle of Elysian swimming oil.

He took it and applied a bit to his hands, and then began to massage it into the feathers and muscles where he was told. His touch was gentle enough to not cause too much discomfort.

"Yep, that's about right," Meissa replied, her face flushing a little red as her breath became a little labored. "Just rub it in with some force...that should be good."

He began to rub a little more forcefully. "How's that?"

Meissa let out a small audible gasp as Mat's hands pinched the place where her wings met her back. "A little rough there..."

Mat's fingers became more gentle again. "I- I'm sorry, I thought you wanted me to use more force."

"Sensitive wings, don't forget." Meissa replied. Her body relaxed as Mat finished rubbing in the oil. "That should be fine now."

Mat put the cap back on the oil, and walked towards the door before turning around. "C'mon Meissa, it's beauti- why are you blushing? Did you like that?"

"Shut up." Meissa grumbled. "I need to get in the water to cool off."

"But there's air conditioning in here." Mat said, clearly not getting the point.

"Maybe I did, Mat. Maybe I did enjoy it." Meissa deadpanned, her blush getting a little heavier.

After finishing their business at the bar, the Abart’huse had returned to his room to prepare for the beach. It took a while to rummage through his luggage, before eventually digging up his Separa swimwear, consisting of a dark blue sash, lines with a fluorescent orange striped pattern along the sides, and one end tipped with cord used for tying the end together. He quickly donned the garb, before covering it up with a bright yellow hawaiian-style buttoned shirt, as well as a pair of big aviator shades. along with this he took a bag with the classic necessities such as towels, sunblock, scale hydrating oil, and the box full of snacks 'n drinks. Being all prepped to go, he soon slithered his way to the beach where he and the others had decided to meet up. His scaly body rustled the sand as it slid over it, looking around for Hanna's spot.

Seeing Abart'huse at the beach, Hanna waved him over to her location, a little taken aback by the Separa'Shan's large tail, but intrigued nonetheless. "Right over here!", she said to the Separa'Shan.

"Ayy, there you are!" Returning the wave, he quickly made his way over to her, not at all impeded by the loose, hot sand. Great spot you picked out here, Hanna."

Distracted by the grace of the snake's movements in the sand, Hanna looked up at the tall figure of Abart'huse. "Oh yeah! Thanks a lot! Umm...I love your tail by the way! Can I touch it?", she said as she shimmied off her shorts, fully revealing her bikini-clad figure.

"Sure, why not?" He answered, having gotten used to the many questions about his tail by now. He knew that even though Essia has been a trusty ally of Yamatai for a good while now, Separa were still a pretty uncommon sight. "I like your swimsuit by the way..." He said, slithering the back half of his tail in Hanna's direction, bringing it up to waist height.

Taken aback by the swiftness of the snake's tail, Hanna let out a high-pitched, audible gasp, but she steeled herself and touched the snake's tail. "It's so...muscular, oh my...", Hanna said with a nervous smile. "Oh, wanna touch my tail?", she added nervously.

While the various crew members were fooling around with each other and on the beach, Mochi's smaller half was busy above it-arguably in a one piece suit which had matched her wings, resembling a vast magenta kite not unlike what some children would be taking into the winds.

Sutahira Medikku looked through his bag for his swimsuit, stripping his clothes off and replacing them with the blue fabric that covered his thighs from his hips to his knees. He looked around the room for his sun lotion, wanting to tan but not burn. He was human after all, and his family had a history of being sunburnt easily. He snatched the bottle from the counter and draped his towel over his left arm as he walked out of the hotel room. He made his way out of the hotel, squinting at the bright sun that glistened off of the sand reflective pebbles.

By now, Mat and Meissa were on their way to the sandy beach, and as Mat saw the other crew members he waved to them. "Hi guys!" Meissa waved her wing around in the air.

Upon seeing Mat and Meissa, Hanna looked up and gave the two Elysians a casual wave.

"Hey, how's it going?" Meissa shouted, looking at the pink wings of an Elysian casually flying around.

"First time swimming, seems like that memory downloaded in well." Kyoi mused from the water, looking up at the arriving crew. She was wearing a bright red and yellow one piece suit, treading water. Her hair billowed out like a golden wave across the water as her tail expanded about twice as large under.

Sutahira walked towards the beach, and consequently towards the other crewmembers. He took in the scene, remembering the times his parents would take him to similar places as a child. He began to approach the crew, hoping to finally make some friends, not just acquaintances. Upon seeing him, Kyoi waved towards Sutahira.

"Water's cold and refreshing, hop in!" she yelled to Sutahira.

Meanwhile, Arbitrated Shan, the disproportionate flyer turned her gull-like climb into a casual, circling descent to the ground. "Air's wonderful up here! I think I might help Mochi out with this before we leave!" Her hair was tied back in a ponytail to avoid turning her into a blind projectile.

"Wait, what do you mean by that?" Meissa asked. Already she was extending out her wings to catch the sun. "About Mochi getting help."

"Let's say he and I have been... Talking about-" flapping her wings into a miniature sandstorm to land, Meissa extending her wing in front of Mat's eyes to protect him from the buffeting sands, as well as shielding her own, the little Shan coughed a couple of times before continuing, "-sorry about that, talking about some... Plans. We'll keep it at that, heh." Gently folding herself up again, the albatross smiled at the couple, "So what have you two been up to?"

Mat looked around for a moment. "Should we go in the water Meissa?"

"You go first, Mat." Meissa replied to Mat. "Like what? Is Mochi gonna get wings or something?" Arbitrated blushed a little, drawing a circle in the sand with one foot. Meissa only loomed down on her cabinmate onboard the now-being repaired Kaiyo.

Meanwhile, Hanna and Abart’huse were basking together in the sand, admiring each others tails.

'T-thanks, I did some workouts to make it a bit more sturdy..... army and all that...", Abart’huse said, lightly wiggling the firm tail in her grip, his face showing a light blush as her hands got closer to the tip of the scaled tail. Hearing her offer a touch of her tail, he replied swiftly. "well, sure.... it seems nice."

"Oh goodie!", Hanna replied. With that, Hanna lightly swished her bushy cyan tail over to the Separa'shan, wiggling it as she moved.

"Oooh..." The snakeman gently took the fluffy tail in his hands, slowly running his fingers through the soft fur, not yet soaked by the beach's salty waters. "Nice!" It was all he could think of at the moment, not wanting to make it sound weird. "So uh, you're gonna go for a swim or are you relaxing over here first?

Hanna let out a slight whimper, in response to the caressing fingers of the Separa'Shan along her tail. But, she quickly suppressed most of the noise and said, "Umm yeah, I'm probably gonna go for a swim. I do need to cool off anyways! Wanna come with me?", she asked.

"Well..." He looked over at the water, seeing the chipper fox-neko floating about. "If it's not too cold, I can come along..... though I'll need some warming up-time after that..." He said, starting to slither towards the waterline, wanting to test the temperature.

Hanna stood up and followed after the Separa'Shan. Suddenly, realizing that the Separa'Shan's biology was sensitive to temperature changes and cold water, Hanna moved in front of Abart'huse.

"It's ok if you don't want to swim, if it's...too much for you. Do you prefer to...bask in the sun?", Hanna offered as she crossed her hands over her chest.

"Well, I should at least try..... don't get a chance like this everyday, right?" Giving off a quick smile, he poked the tip of his tail in the water, slowly sliding it in. Feeling up the temperature, it wasn't quite what hé would like it to be, but it should be manageable for a while. "Thanks for the concern though, I appreciate it"

"Oh you're welcome," Hanna responded with a pseudo-blush. "Normally, I would tell you to just enter the water and let your body acclimate to the temperature, but you're cold-blooded so I know it's different for you." With that, Hanna walked into the water with Abart'huse, bending down to test the temperature of the water.

"Well, not completely cold-blooded, but not completely warm-blooded either. It's.....kinda weird......" He said, now slowly slipping into the water, feeling the soggy wet sand part and crumple slightly under his weight, the salty water slowly enveloping the girth of his tail. "Still, having a tail like this has it's perks!" The tip of his tail wiggled a bit at this statement, splashing a bit of water about as it poked out from the surface.

Hanna responded in kind, splashing a bit of water around with her hands as she bent over.

"How well can you swim?" She asked the Separa'Shan. "I wanna get a little wet, I think."

"It's been awhile since I last tried.... but I think I can get a decent swim going." he said, now deep enough in the water that his tail started to come loose from the seabed, lightly floating in the water. With a slow serpentine motion, it made lots of little waving movements, propelling the Separa along at a decent speed.

Hanna followed along, transitioning into a swimming motion as her feet swiftly left the sand. By now, her hair and her tail was wet, but her makeup was holding strong, surprisingly waterproof even with the salty content of the water. She decided to float, tightening her core muscles, and moving into a horizontal position.

"The water is so warm!", Hanna said. "I love floating!"

"Mhmm, it's quite nice indeed...." The Separa’Shan started making slow circles around Hanna, getting a decent amount of heat from the bright sunlight overhead. He could keep this up for a good while, he reckoned, so he soon rolled over on his back, dark grey belly scales pointed at the bright blue sky. "Say....." The snake muttered to Hanna, trying to make some form of conversation happen. "You did a pretty sweet job on Eden's makeup back at the wedding, I barely recognized her like that." He giggled, recalling how incredibly different Eden had looked on that day in her amazing getup, quite different from the Shosa he was used to seeing everyday.

Hanna was almost scared by the way the snake swam around her like a shark on its prey, but the casual compliments made by Abart'huse put an end to her anxiety.

"Oh, thank you!", replied Hanna cheerfully. "I practiced a lot for the event and lets just say...that I bought a...model of Eden's face to practice on", she added with a high-pitched giggle. "Do you want me to do your makeup?", she asked Abart'huse in between giggles.

"Well, it was well worth it I think." While he himself didn't know a thing or two about makeup, he did appreciate the time and effort Hanna had put in that work of art, though her little joke kinda caught him off guard. "Wha? ....m-my make up? oh you... you know that wouldn't suit me at all..." The tall snakeman stopped swimming for a bit, just slowly drifting around Hanna's floating form in the water, waving off that comment with a bit of an awkward giggle.

"Of course it would! I've seen some men on the SYNC who wear makeup and they look gorgeous! But it's ok if you don't want to get involved.", Hanna replied. As she floated, she glanced admiringly at Abart'huse's drifting form orbiting around her.

"I'm going to go back to the shore and dry off. Wanna talk again soon?", Hanna asked?

"Heh, sure thing! I'll just swim around a bit more..." Turning on his front again, his sandy coloured tail spurred back to life, pushing the snake along the water's surface. "Seeya laters!"

Meanwhile, Sutahira waved to Kyoi as he approached a nice spot in the sand, laying his towel down. "I guess!" He yelled back, responding to her offer for a swim. His white skin, badly in need of a tan, practically shined in the sun. He lathered his body in the lotion, and then approached the water. He stepped in the approaching wave that began to wash over the shore, soon wading out to the point where the water lapped at his waist. He shivered at the cold, but also savored the feeling as he was relieved of the heat from the sun above. He began to lean back in the water, face up, spreading his arms and legs as if about to make a snow angel, letting his buoyancy take over. He loved the water, and was able to swim fairly well. Kyoi was a little less dynamic as she floundered around for a little bit, her movements a little uncoordinated as she tried to translate knowledge into instinct. But, with some graviton cheating, she managed to chase after the medic. He noticed the Neko chasing him, and flapped his arms out, then pushed them back to his sides as he shot back, repeating the process as he began to swim away, chuckling as Kyoi began to swim after him.

Kyoi's movements slowly went from a beginner's doggy paddle to a more refined swimming motion as her mind translated information into movement. It was like flying a ship, she thought. Except she was the ship and instead of space it was water.

Sutahira began to breathe harder as he exerted himself trying to swim away from the Neko, who now swam as if she had been born in water. "Nekos always cheating." He mumbled jokingly under his breath. He flipped onto his stomach, beginning to swim harder and faster, but not fast enough to escape the Neko.

Kyoi, finally becoming accustomed to the water, darted after Sutahira, her graviton manipulation off.

Sutahira gave up, realigning himself as he bobbed on the waves and treaded water, waiting for the Neko to catch up as she quickly closed the gap. His hair dripped the salty water down his face, and he took his rght hand from the water to rub his eye that had gotten a splash of the water, making a terrible mistake.

A while later, Orion arrived at the beach, wearing a long sleeve swim shirt, with swim trunks, and last but not least, sunglasses. He walked to a spot not too close to the water and sat down on the sand.

Anastasia followed quietly behind, dressed in a pair of white shorts and a light blue shirt. Atop her head was a medium sized sunhat, khaki in color. She stepped down the beach, now getting used to having a different body than she had for her whole life. She stopped by Orion, looking around at the other crew. She laid down a bright red beach towel, and sat down on it. She was careful to keep her new wings off the sand.

While Meissa and Arbitrated were talking, Mat walked down to the beach and tested out the water with one foot. Finding it suitably warm, he leapt into it, and began to laugh.

"I think you should be more concerned about your boyfriend than mine, Meissa," the weapons operator churred. This only caused Meissa to lean and loom over the comparatively tiny Elysian even more.

"You're hiding something..." she whistled.

Basically looking straight up, Arbitrated poked her ex-roommate directly on the nose, saying, "boop! Maybe I am, maybe I'm not? I guess you'll need to wait and see!" Meissa didn't even flinch when she was poked, instead pushing two fingers into Arbitrated’s forehead, making the small Elysian’s face scrunched up adorably, before promptly shifting downwards to avoid contact. Taking advantage of her low center of gravity, with a bend of the knee and a scuff to the side, Arbitrated’s face was freed from the oppressive poke.

Or for a few seconds, at least, until the taller Elysian moved about two steps and did it again, prompting a sort of chasing game as Shan danced around, taking off into a sprint to reach for the skies, spreading out her wings and returning to where she knew she could outlast her generally more athletic crew mate.

But Meissa knew she was faster in the skies as she also launched off, slowly gaining on Arbitrated’s flight. Despite her apparent goal of escaping the aggressive owl, the bird wearing a single piece of clothing kept glancing back to the beach, and keeping herself close to it and their hotel, almost as if she was looking for something... Or someone. Meissa didn't care, however. She kept chasing the pink form in front of her.

Kyoi, meanwhile, caught up to Sutahira. "That was fun! Hey, wait, don't rub your eye!" she shouted.

Sutahira looked up as the salt made his eye red, instantly regretting the decision. "It was gonna be like this anyway." He shrugged, treading water as the Neko caught up to him. A wave swept him up as he passed through it, gently descending the crest with Kyoi as the wave advanced towards the beach, where Sutahira spotted someone in sunglasses reach the shore.

"Hey!" Kyoi shouted. "Who are you?"

Meanwhile, Orion could not help but smile when Anastasia sat aside him, still looking at the water.

"Beautiful day today isn't it?"

"Yeah it is! I've never really been to the beach before..." Anastasia trailed off as she noticed something out of place.

Concurrently, Seinosuke was very slowly and cautiously making his way down the walkway towards the beach, making out in the middle distance the telling dashes of colour that the various Elysians added to the scene. One hand pressed to his left temple and the other slightly in front of him, the blonde ex- Minkan took short step after short step. As far as he knew, what he had just achieved had never been done. Having been raised a Minkan, he had decided that it was time to make a drastic transition - in fact the most drastic one could make. The slight breeze blew gently, causing a rustling sound behind his ears. It sounded as if some papers were flapping out of a backpack.. Craning his head back, the scientist realised as if for the first time the reality of what he had done. A large pair of crimson-golden wings pressed against his spine, as if instinctively avoiding the current.

Meissa took a glance towards the beach as Mochi walked out onto the beach, his wings blazing bright behind him. She banked left, causing her altitude to plummet. "Hey Mat!" she called out. "Look who came in!" She dove downwards, pulling out of the dive at just the last moment, and left two trails in the sand where her heels dug into the earth, adding a small hop at the end to come to a full stop.

"Well now. The secret's out, isn't it?" Meissa asked the new addition to the angel brigade.

Once she finally noticed the beacon, it wasn't more than a moment before the little Shan was chasing Meissa to the ground, taking a bit more of a soft landing than the skid-producing dive of the owl as she circled around to land on Mochi's other side, only one foot reaching the ground as she immediately had been jogging towards him, her pale face alight with excitement. "The weather's great! You feeling a lot better now that you're out a little?"

Meanwhile, Kyoi looked towards the gathered Elysians...one, two...three. She saw pictures of the crew, and the third looked like one of the crew members, but his file described a Minkan, not an Elysian. She swam towards the shoreline.

"Are you...Seinosuke Iemochi?" she asked.

Mochi raised his head slowly from its position, currently making sure he wasn't going to trip over his own two feet. 'My new feet..' he could barely believe it himself. Pressing his hand a little harder to his temple, the banging headache he had managed to procure not letting up. As his vision sharpened, the Juni realised that a woman stood before him. 'Where had she come from?' he managed to piece together a thought. "Yeah.. Yeah.. That's me, at least.. You could say that." he chuckled at the end, as if it was all still surreal even to him.

With so many familiar faces suddenly surrounding him, Mochi felt more than a little overwhelmed. His Minkan mind was still trying to adjust to this new - albeit altered - Elysian form, probably the reason his head felt as if it was on fire. Despite this, he remembered his manners. With Meissa being the first to come to a (rather flashy) halt before the blonde ex-Minkan, he looked to her - "O-Oh hey. I guess so! It's taken a lot of work but.. I think it might have been worth it." the scientist smiled.

Finally, with a rather more elegant landing, his beloved partner dashed towards the emerald-eyed man. Or rather, Elysian. The moment she came into focus, Seino suddenly felt a hell of a lot better though still disorientated. "I'm still a little rough but I'm definitely improving!" he beamed at his cherry angel, eyes now twinking as her excitement became apparent. "All this time talking about it, I'm glad it's worked out as it has. I think I might need some.. Help getting used to it though." The blonde grinned in delight, his ailments forgotten.

Arbitrated embraced Seino vigorously, burying her face into his chest for a few moments before trying to steady her breathing, and calming down the blush dominating about seventy-five percent of her face.

"I can help." Meissa replied. "How do you think we figured out how to fly after we had our own STs into a new body?"

"She's right, actually. Although I don't think flying might be the uh, the safest option right away still... But I'm glad to hear you're feeling better!" Standing on her tip-toes, Arbitrated puckered her lips for a little kiss.

"I'm better than her at flying, by the way. Trust me." Meissa said to the smaller angel's comment. "I think the other Elysians are around as well. Do you know anything about Elysia itself though?"

Mochi snuggled his partner as they stood there in the blazing sunshine like two lovers, being careful to not hug too hard. The enhancements he had made to the base Elysian DNA included a few muscle enhancements and well.. He hadn't exactly tried this new form out yet. Lowering his gaze to hers, their eyes locked and he leaned down to peck her on the lips. She looked beautiful as always and the light made her practically glow.

"Thanks Arbles.. You look amazing as always."

Pulling away a little yet still embracing, the Juni moved to make a reply to Meissa. "I know as much as your regular guy, it's not my specialty but I guess I learned a little from my friends at university?" It was a vague answer but he genuinely had no idea of his knowledge in the area, having nothing to compare it to. Despite everything, Mochi was conscious that his wings weren't staying still like the others, rather flapping a little in the wind.

Mat turned to Meissa. "Angel brigade?" He shouted from in the water, before activating inertial control and as he performed a long jump out of the water over to nearby Meissa, his inertial field picked up droplets of water and carried them with him, creating the effect of a dazzling sparkle around his body, earning him a look from Meissa.

"Well now." Meissa commented.

"Hi. Is that Mochi?"

"Seems like it." Meissa answered. "Look who got himself a new body." Meissa decided to wrap a wing around her loved one.

Meanwhile, Sutahira stayed behind in the water as Kyoi swam towards the newcomer, enjoying the water too much to care. He simply waved towards the newcomers as he became horizontal and floated on his back as the waves bobbed him up and down in the natural current. He adjusted every couple of seconds to avoid being swept out to sea, and eventually made a point to come closer to shore, but still absorbing the sun as he bobbed on the water like a human fishing lure.

"A new body, indeed. This is what we were all excited about earlier!" The small Elysian blushed again and ruffled Seino's hair, to the best of her ability at least, in spite of Meissa's callout. "Well, it certainly is something you'll need to get used to... And we can all pitch in to keep you on your feet!" Arbitrated laughed pleasantly into the wind, keeping herself to Mochi's left side, keeping just out of risk from his wings smacking her in the back accidentally, funny as it looked with him flapping away like he was, making quite the performance. "But yeah, I think once you get more used to it things might end up going really, really nicely!"

The blonde ex-Minkan wasn't used to this much attention, despite the fact he sometimes had to act as leader generally, it made him nervous to be the center of fascination. Blushing a little, the color matching his wings, he lowered his head a fraction. "Mhm! Thanks in advance everyone." It was going to be an interesting near future.

"That's really cool Mochi. What made you decide to transfer into an Elysian body?" Mat asked. Next to the Elysian officer, Arbitrated blushed again.

Mochi's blush intensified a fraction, the tip of his left wing twitching by some instinct reacting to his nervousness. "Uhm.. A few reasons.." he spoke shyly, leaving things vague. A few reasons indeed but personal they were. "Let's just say humanity didn't do much for me." the emerald-eyed Elysian finished, lowering his gaze back to the small Elysian in his arms for a fraction of a second.

"Y-yeah..." Keeping herself close, the pink bird hummed a happy little tune to those present.

Mat, dense as ever, continued on his line of questioning. "I mean, I can understand wanting wings, but aside from that, what does humanity have to do with anything?"

The little albatross shot a look at Meissa, attempting to convince the Elysian to stop her boyfriend from interrogating Mochi.

"It's... Really not the best story to explain out here on the beach, Matsuvo...", Meissa said with a warning tone.

"Alright, you wanna give it your first shot at learning how to fly or what?" Meissa diverted the conversation as Kyoi watched from the water. The fox decided that if the new Elysian plummeted like a rock, she would drag him back to shore.

Glad for the interjection by their explosives expert, Mochi's nervousness dialled back a few notches. Sure, he wasn't sure himself how he'd perform or even how he'd even start going about flying - either way he couldn't wait to give it a shot. "Sure! H- I mean, how do I start?" he glanced between Arbitrated and Meissa for some help.

"Just start by flapping your wings. Someone hold him down to make sure he doesn't vault into the air." Meissa answered. "Hope you made yourself good flight muscles, because you'll damn well need them."

The miniature Shan looked from side to side for a few seconds. "Uhh... Hmm... I doubt I'd weigh enough. Even you might not, Meissa, or maybe you would since you're always trying to get bigger and stronger and such." She shrugged.

"I could help." Mat offered. He was heavier than the both of them, and he could increase his inertia so much that he might not budge no matter what.

Mochi nodded a few times to their small group. Sounded like a plan, he had no idea how strong or weak his wings were so it was the best logical start. "Sure Mat, that's nice of you." he smiled in appreciation of the offer.

Meanwhile, Sutahira watched the group of Elysians on the beach from the water as he bobbed, and was curious as to what they were doing. He decided it was time to go and lay down for some much-needed sun. He made his way to the shore, climbing onto the sand. As he got out of the water, it dripped off of his body onto the sand, making it wet as he walked to his towel, leaving a trail from the water to the cloth stretched over the sand. He could now hear the conversation fairly well from his vantage point, so he lay on his back as the water soaked into the towel and the sun beat down onto his bare chest. He put his hands behind his wet hair, closing his eyes as his body was quickly warmed by the shining sun, He appeared to relax, but in reality he had his hearing tuned to the nearby Elysians to find out what nonsense they had planned. The sun, however, was a welcome addition.

Mat walked over to Mochi, and looked around for a moment. “How do you want to do this?” He asked, “Should I hold your torso down, or like...where.”

“Sounds as good a way as any. Uhm, I guess you can hold my sides or my hips?” It was a rather strange request by itself but he was glad Mat was up for giving him a helping hand. Realising that his wings were currently tucked yet still moving in the wing against his back may cause a problem, the blonde tried to flex the muscles he thought may move them. After a moment, they separated a fraction and he frowned in concentration while creating a gap where Mat could stand behind him.

Mat stepped over to behind Mochi, and put his hands out to hold him down by the newly winged Elysian’s hips. However, Mochi’s wings were still too low and Mat’s hands bumped into them while he was trying to get a hold of the other man’s hips.

“Oops, sorry”

The instant Mat’s warm, smooth hands brushed the bottom edge of the newly-created Elysian’s crimson-gold wings Mochi yet out a strange sort of yelp. A deer caught in the headlights, his legs locked and large phoenix wings shot out to the sides, fully extended for the first time. They shimmered in the intense summer sun, joints popping as they aligned, perhaps this would be the first good look the group would get of the multi-hued appendages.

A short second passed, Seino’s jade eyes wide open in shock, lips slightly parted with cheeks burning up. Suddenly, a look of something like pain or horror passed over his face like a wave and the man fell to his knees, staring at the sand, eyes filled with genuine shock. The Juni wanted to say something, yet his mind was scrambled so, not a single word could form, hence he sat in silence before the group.

Mat looked down at Mochi. What had happened?

“Are you okay?” He asked.

Another moment of staring blankly at the sand, followed by a single, incredibly slow blink.

“Ow…” was all Mochi could get out, in a monotone voice as he attempted to process the chaos inside.

Meissa looked at her pink-winged friend while chaos did its work.

“How sensitive did he make those?” she asked. “Just, curiosity.”

“U-Uhhh…. I don’t think he was messing with that so much…? I mean…” The small Elysian blushed a little, gently ruffling Mochi on the top of the head. “I… I guess it has something to do with the new body…”

Mochi slipped his hands from his sides to his lap, perhaps for a certain reason. “Y-Yeah, I've never felt that before uhm.. getting wings.” he pulled himself together, looking up from his kneeling position at the cherry angel. “Let's try this again..?” he moved to look over his shoulder at Mat before realizing he couldn't see anything through the dense plumage. Either way, the new bird rose to his feet and prepared - a little better this time - to give his wings a workout.

Mat was, this time, able to reach through Mochi’s wings, which were now extended enough to allow him to do so, and grasped his hips. “Alright.” Mat said, “I’ve got you.” The small Elysian giggled in a silly way at this whole procession.

Seino grinned, looking at the others with eyes full of excitement. Placing one foot in front of the other, he braced himself and willed his wings to move. At first, they twitched before slowly dipping. As Mochi’s confidence grew he sped up, feathers rustling in the downdraft as his muscles flexed and worked. His smile grew from ear to ear and in no time he was making slow, full strokes. “I think I'm getting the hang of this!” the blonde Elysian said in a proud tone.

Mat’s hair was ruffled by the breeze that Mochi was generating. He turned his head away to avoid being blinded by the sand that was sent flying. “Um… wow… I never knew how strong wings were.”

Mochi seemed strong enough for flight. But Meissa had a few questions.

“Hey, you know how to flap your wings correctly. How’s your balance? Just, normally.” Meissa asked him as she covered her eyes, her own wings becoming her umbrellas. “Instinctively, you should be able to balance yourself out in the air. But instinct only takes you so far.”

“Hahahahhaaah, it’s beautiful! You’re learning pretty damn fast, Mochi!” Arbitrated laughed again, smiling wide despite the miniature sandstorm generated by Mochi’s flapping wings.

“Yeah, I agree. He’s catching on to the art of flapping his wings well.” Meissa muttered from behind her wing, prompting a reproachful glare from the small Elysian.

“Considering he still isn't fully used to it I think being able to actually control the muscles in his wings is a pretty damn good achievement.”

“Let’s see him try a small hop into the air, then.” Meissa figured letting Mochi feel the lurch of jumping into the air would be a good tutorial for his first flight. She did about the same training as well. Except instead of Matsuvo Shinomori holding her down, she had two ropes on her ankles. It was a terrible idea and when she still was practicing flight, she decided to quickly switch to something that wouldn't give her rope burn.

Pausing his slow wingbeats, the bird flexed them a few times to get ready proper. “Let’s do it!” Mochi was brimming with anticipation of his first flight. From what he knew the first few wingbeats were meant to get him off the ground and they would be the hardest. With Mat’s current positioning slipping his mind, the Juni half-crouched and raised his phoenix-like wings so they were reaching fully to the heavens. With an almighty whoosh, he brought them down as hard as he could. He imagined it would be much harder for a young Elysian but his enhancements seemed to give him a good start. Sand flew everywhere as his nearly 6-foot wings buffeted the ground. ‘Too late to stop now!’ he brought them up once more, then down hard as he jumped straight up.

Mat let go of Mochi as the sand flew, bringing his arms up to shield his face from the flying sand. Meissa took an easier approach. She, extended her own wings out, took a downstroke and leapt up into the air after the brightly colored Elysian as he vaulted into the air. Unlike Mochi, her ascent was nearly silent, more felt by the onlookers than heard. Still, it caused some sand to fly.

Mat activated his inertia fields, and leapt up into the air, bringing this time not water, but thousands of glittering grains of sand into the air with him, causing him to once again sparkle. “Wooo!” He cried out, as he soared alongside Meissa.

The small Elysian stood her ground as she was buffeted by the various people taking off into the sky, shielding her face with an arm during the storm before looking up and smiling at the trio of nerds above her. “Well, I guess you’re progressing a lot faster than we thought!” Turning and running towards the wind, Miss Shan soon was in the air as well, moving herself to fly in formation-or somewhat close to-with the others.

“Flap again!” Meissa shouted to Mochi, while also bobbing up and down in the air as well. “Let’s see how well you fly!” Her reasoning was that it was embedded in instinct now, somewhere, on how to fly. She was staying in place decently well, with soft whooshes of wind downwards, hardly making a sound unlike the other two Elysians with their louder, decidedly not owl-like wings.

As Mochi felt the rush of the dry wind in his hair, a sense of exhilaration washed over him. It was truly an amazing thing to fly under your own wings. He was fairly sure that taking off was meant to be harder than it was but that line of thought was for another time as the group of Elysians took to the skies. “This is brilliant!” the blonde Elysian exclaimed, before following his coaches’ command and forcing his sails to enter a rhythm of beating the air. It was so primal, almost like it was ingrained in his being. Pink, red and brown kites sailing in the breeze with a white streak behind - ironically the colours of well-known ice cream flavours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back