• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP: YSS Kaiyō Post-Mission Five: Foxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRindustries

Inactive Member
New Kyoto
Ketsurui Resort Hotel Entrance
19日 4月 YE 39
1000 Hours

"I think this is the right place..."

A lone Neko, dressed in her Type 35A uniform, stood in front of the Ketsurui Resort, looking up at the massive building. Her big, orange-blonde fur cvered ears leaned backwards and her large, poofy tail was constantly stirring the air, as if it was a tea or coffee or something as her hand went on her forehead to block the sun out as she peered up the resort building. It was, in all rights, quite daunting.

She didn't carry many belongings, and wore only the badge of a Santo Hei; must have been a fresh new print without much to her name. It could have been a fresh print who got lost -- anyone could have thought so, anyone could have been right, save for the document she was carrying. Directions to somewhere, to here, with the Kaiyo's badge printed on the side facing outwards, the brave NG-X1 440 underneath.

"...now, if I were a soldier on vacation, where would I be? At the bar?" she asked herself, out loud.

Then she realized there were probably around five or six in this building. A normal person would show some sign of annoyance, but the Neko only shrugged and began walking towards the closest one, already drawing up a mental route as she surmised where soldiers would most likely go.

It wasn't before long that the first bar of the rich resort came into view, placed near the edge of a fairly large plaza-like place, adorned with a very noticable sign above its entrance. The interior was much like one might expect at an hour like this, not too crowded, but still catering to a decent amount of guests. Within this crouw were the usual Nekos, minkans, and even an elysian here and there, but one figure, seated on a stool more to the side of the bar itself, stood out quite a bit.

Enjoying a big iced tea on the rocks was a tall-looking, tanned Separa'Shan, leaving his lenghty snakelike tail coiled up around his stool, trying to take up as little space as possible. Despite his efforts, the sheer lenght made it so a good portion still poked out from underneath, sweeping over the floor occasionally, the snakeman himself kinda lost in thought from the looks of it.

The Neko went up to the bartender and handed him a list of names, asking whether or not he had seen any of them. Names were hushed across, and the bartender pointed at the Separah'Shan. She bought a gracious cup of hot oolong tea from the bartender, and tipped him for his help before sitting down at the snakeman's table.

"Are you a member of the crew on the Kaiyo?" she asked. Her red eyes caught the light as she looked at the Separah'Shan, causing shadows to flicker in them, causing them to shine. Her tail still flicked around, and a sort of sly smile graced her face.

"Huh?!...." The quirky voice quickly snapped him back to reality, taking a brief moment to process these words. He turned to his side, looking at the rather peciliar looking...neko?... straight in the face, his light green slitted eyes pointed right at her.

"Y-yes i am actually...... Abart'huse Theisilis, infantry Santo-hei....... pleasure to meet you, miss....?
He quickly held out his hand, reflexivle greeting her in the way he was used to. Most of his greetings had been pretty formal here so far in Yamatai, so the more relaxed, casual atmosphere was something he had to get used to. It was still quite different from Essia after all...

"Kyoi Kiseki, Santo Hei, at your service. I'm your new pilot." the fox-like Neko replied, tail still swishing around, softly reflexively curling around the chair itself. She took his hand. Her hand had a soft palm.

"Pilot eh? I heard people mentioning a new pilot joining us...." The tip of his tail started wagging a little, quite pleased with meeting the Kaiyo's newest asset sos soon, and under these circumstances, no less.

"That would be me. Speaking of the others, how are they? How do they act and whatnot? I'd prefer to learn about my friends before we get put into our Plumeria and everyone needs to trust me to not steer us into an asteroid belt." Kyoi slid the list of names across to Abart, eager to learn what colorful personalities were onboard.

"Hmm?" He quickly glanced over the list of names, noting some familliar names on there. "Well, i'm fairly new myself, so there's only so much i can tell you...... buuut let's see..... " Sliding his finger down the list one name at a time he mutterd a bit, thinking on how to present his crewmembers to the fuzzy-looking Neko.

"Do you know any of the bridge crew and officers decently?" she asked. "I think that would be a good start."

"Well, a fair bit. Actually the crew attended the CO's and XO's wedding this week, was quite lovely...." He leaned towards Kyoi, whis[pering to her in a lower voice.
"..actually the Empress was there too..... quite the surprise when i first heard she was going to attend!" Despite his whispering, the exitement in his voice was clearly heard.

Kyoi blinked in surprise. That was quite the feat. Not to mention the fact that the CO and XO were married. "Anything else notable?" she asked. Anything would help, really.

"Hmm, nothing else comes to mind at the moment..... don't see them as much during the daily routines. The infantry on the other hand.....there's some peculiar figures in there.....also our ship's resident SAINT officer, you'll loooove her." That last remark was met with a hint of sarcasm, but in a more joking way than a resentful one.

"She sounds absolutely fun. What's she like?" Kyoi asked. SAINTs left strange impressions on her. Odd, distant sorts of people with the weirdest bag of quirks. Half were pretty likeable, half gave her the chills. Judging by how Abart described her...the latter was the likely option. One of her ears flattened as she pondered the SAINT.

Mat and Meissa walked down a corridor nearby, emerging into the area on the way to the bar to grab some food. Mat noticed the newcomer and decided to greet her, Meissa also following.
"Hi there, what're you doing here?"
"Hey Abart, who'd the cat drag in?" Meissa asked. Kyoi looked up in confusion. What the hell kind of...?

"Kyoi Kiseki, Santo Hei. The Kaiyo's new pilot." she replied, bewildered by the two new faces and the totally different greetings. "What about the SAINT?"

"Well, if i were to describe her based on from what i've seen of her, the best way i could describe her is uh.......perfectionist to a fault..? Also kinda grumpy looking all the time, less social with the rest of the crew, yadda-yadda, you get the idea."

"I agree." Meissa huffed. "Bit of an ice queen, that one. Reminds me of a predator or a hostile machine. Meissa Nashira, by the way. Resident demolitions techie. Don't be scared, I blow up only the guy that's trying to kill us." She raised her hand in a greeting.

Mat gave his two KS on the matter. "I don't really know her that well, but she does her job so I guess that's something."

"Collecting intelligence, alright. About everything." Meissa answered. "I can feel her eyes boring into the back of my head sometimes, just watching me."

"She sounds fun," Kyoi replied. Her first impressions were also quite colorful. "Anyone else notable?"
She looked up and down the new pair. Both seemed to be Infantry judging by how they stood, or at least both the kinds to hit things. Both of her ears flattened against her head as her eyes narrowed, examining the pair.

"Oh hey there, Meissa, Mat." The snake have a quick little wave, tail absentmidedly wagging a bit again. "Though i have to admit..... that distant attitude of hers does seem kinda cool sometimes.... dunno why. It has that mysteriousness around it, you know?"

"Different strokes for different folks, I guess." Kyoi answered. Feasible explanation.

Since, Hanna had been left alone by her friend Asuka, she viewed the ongoing conversations with the new...Neko pilot with interest. Although, she certainly resembled a Kitsune more so than a Neko. While out of view of the others, Hanna approached the new pilot from the front.

Mat extended his hand, seemingly unaware of the fact that he was trying to be friendly with another woman in front of his girlfriend. "Well it's nice to meet you Kyoi, My name's Matsuvo, or Mat if you prefer. I'm infantry here."
"I date this thick skulled nerd here," Meissa added on, while her hand made his hair a mess.

"For how long?" Kyoi asked. "And do you know any of the other crew well?"

"I forgot to count. Doesn't matter anyways." Meissa answered. "Anyways. Crew."

Meissa dragged the list over across the table. "Alright, officers first I guess."

"Hey guys!", said Hanna. "I hate to interrupt the conversation, I just wanted to meet the new pilot.", finished Hanna with a nervous smile. "If people don't know me yet, my name's Hanna!"

"Or that one first." Meissa muttered.

"Kyoi Kiseki, Santo Hei." Kyoi replied.

"Oh, Hanna's here too. The Makeup Madsen!" The snek turned to her, trying to match the mood by tossing a bit of wordplay in there.

"Hey Kyoi? I was wondering why you have more foxlike features. I've never seen a person like you before." Mat said, innocence clear on his face.

"I dunno either." Kyoi replied. "Why do you have white hair, and why does Meissa there have owl wings? Why does Abart have that specific scale pattern?"

"I guess that's a fair point." Mat replied, giving a bit of a casual shrug.

"Because my parents had owl wings, and the ones before too, and so it goes." Meissa answered as well.

"Well, whoever designed me must have loved foxes or whatever." Kyoi gave to Meissa.

Hanna smiled at the Kitsune and the Separa'Shan. After previewing the topic of the conversation for a time: Hanna decided to jump into the conversation: "Yeah us Nekos don't really have parents, so our designs are random or tailored by a lab person somewhere.", said Hanna. "It's why I have cyan hair!", added Hanna. Kyoi giggled a little as she imagined a lab tech rolling dice and looking up a table to see how a Neko would turn out to be.

"Well miss Kyoi, this particular scale pattern has been passed on throughout the Theisilis family for generations!......or something like that, i dunno...." Trying to make somewhat of an impressive pose was hard with his tail wrapped up like this, so he left it at simply raising his glass up in a fancy manner, taking another sip afterwards.

"Well, I think that it's nice to see some variety in neko. Umm... Your tail is super fluffy. So that's awesome."

"Mat, please." Meissa replied, feigning some exasperation.

"What if they made me a squirrel tail?" Kyoi mused. "Could I glide by that definition then?"

"I don't think that's how aviation physics works," Meissa corrected.

"Well, Kyoi, did they give you the tail of a flying squirrel or a regular squirrel?", asked Hanna. "Maybe having the tail of a regular squirrel would let you walk up buildings and trees."

"Hmm, most fluffy indeed....." Abart glanced at it, quite impressed by the deep orangey shade of the fox's tailfur. "Come to think of it, i've never seen an actual fox in person.... don't think we have those on Essia."

"Any other impressions on the crew?" Kyoi asked. "Especially anyone in the bridge?"

"Arbitrated here was a bit obsessive with her work." Meissa pointed at the name.

"There's also Asuka, who's friends with me and the Shosa.", added Hanna.

Suddenly, Hanna thought of Mitsuko in her swimsuit and thought of the beach that was nearby. Without thinking, she piped up, "Who wants to go to the beach?"

"I've got a swimsuit in my stuff." Kyoi replied.

The snek looked at Hanna, giving a quick flick of the thin snifflertongue in exitement at her words. "Beach? Sounds alright, wouldn't mind a bit of sun....." Not even a second after he'd said that, he remembered he hadn't prepared his bathing stuff yet, really should've thought of that earlier.

Mat turned toward Meissa for some indication of her feelings on the beach. "What do you want to do?"

"Sure, as soon as we grab a bite." Meissa replied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back