• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP: YSS Kaiyō Post Mission Five: Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Hart

FM of NDC
🎖️ Game Master
On, Planet Yamatai, Kyoto city

The weather was a great springtime Yamataian day. There were a few couples on the tram, enjoying life, and families taking their young children to see the city itself. There was some sort of movie poster that covered half the wall of the tram. And here Meissa sat alongside her love, going home.

"I'm so excited to see your home Meissa!" Mat said cheerfully.

"It's been a while since I've visited, if I have to be honest." Meissa replied back. "Great...and I forgot to bring something. Eh, it'll be fine."

"What did you forget?"

"You know how it works. Gotta get my dad a gift or something." Meissa hummed. "Well, it doesn't really matter though."

"I'm sure he'll understand. I can't wait to meet your parents, I hope they like me."

"I'm sure my dad would."

Mat almost asked why she said "would" but decided it must have been a slip of the tounge.

"I'm glad to hear that. What about your mom?"

"Mom should be fine." Meissa replied back.

"About how much further till we get there?" Mat said. "I'm not familiar with this part of Kyoto."

"Give it about ten more minutes and we arrive at the station. It shouldn't be that far of a walk from there..." Meissa drew the map mentally. "Wow, my navigation skills are getting rusty."

"Well, you're doing better than I would be!" Mat said, still cheerful.

"I'm just a little nervous about going back again, that's all." Meissa whispered as she leaned against Mat.

"I'm sure everything will be fine." Mat said, as he gave her a reassuring kiss on the forehead.

A single pidgeon flew through the tram's open window as the couple sat.

=========================================

The lilies and chrysanthemums of the neighborhood which the neighborhood grew were in full bloom. It was a quiet day on the streets, where the children mostly kept to the shade and the pets were hushed inside.

"This place is so nice." Mat said. "It's so peaceful."

"Hey! Meissa!" a voice called out from across the street. "You found someone?"

"Yep. He's a great guy." Meissa replied. "Going home to visit my old man."

"Well, tell him I sent my regards." And just like that, the conversation was over.

"It is a nice place to take a rest in." Meissa commented on Mat's statement.

"These houses all look similar, which one is yours?"

"That one, down the street." Meissa pointed to the house with rose bushes across the front lawn, and the
elder tree casting a shadow across the house in the current hour of day, and the black gravel path up to the house.

"It's pretty. Like you." Mat said.

"I maintained it this way." Meissa replied.

"Should we just..." Mat hesitated for a moment. "Go in?"

"Hang on, it's been a while." Meissa answered. "Let me just...unlock the door, and let's go in."

She placed her wrist against the electronic lock as the heavy steel bolt slid open, and creaked open the dark wooden door.

The house let out a cold, icy breath as the door opened. Dark clung to the walls as light began to pour in. A faint shadow of fluorescent lights flickered on across the house as the world focused into view.

The ash wood furniture looked like it hadn't been touched for a long time. The fireplace was filled with nothing but ashes, and the kitchen lay cold. On a shelf built into the wall, there were only two adornments, one a large trophy cup, with the interior coated in dust. The other was a well-polished Elysian military medal. Besides the shelf, there was a box of awards and photographs. A thick layer of dust covered them all. Aside from that, a pile of textbooks sat -- also doing nothing but gaining dust.

In the living room, it seemed, there was a shrine of sorts that took up half the space of the room itself. On the center was one Elysian man's photograph, smiling over the room. Old candles, burnt out, surrounded a small table which held a few sticks of incense and a small pot of roses. Photographs covered the wall, smothering its whiteness in their memories. A torn-up, beat-up notebook peeked out from underneath the couch.

"Ummm... Is everything okay here? Is that a... Meissa, are you alright? What's going on?"

"I'm home, dad." she whispered.

Mat began to gain a little bit of insight as to what was going on. His eyes teared up, and he swept Meissa up in a hug.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know that..."

"It's okay, Mat. I never told anyone." she whispered back.

"I'm here for you now." Mat said. "You can talk to me if you need to. But if you don't want to, I understand."

"Thank you." Meissa whispered. She hugged Mat back, very slowly.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Mat asked. "Or do you want to keep..."

"With you...I can."

"Should we sit down?"

"Let's pay my dad his respects first." Meissa replied.

"Right." Mat followed Meissa's lead.

She kneeled down in front of the altar, pulling a box of candles and incense out from under the table. She began to replace the burnt out candles and the empty incense tray as she started talking to the altar like someone was there.

Mat followed her and knelt as well.

"Hey, dad. Hope you're doing fine wherever you ended up." she spoke, almost like the a prayer of sorts. "Sorry I didn't get to say anything before I left. Star Army command almost instantly put me on a ship after I exited training."

She continued on, taking a lighter out from a ten-pack, and lit the candles. The air began to smell like daffodils. She scattered some incense in the tray, and as she lit the incense, the air filled with exotic smells.

"I actually did get to go see deep space, just like I wanted to. Had some rough times on my first mission, but I did pretty well for the next four. The last one, we ran into some Mishhu, but we dealt with them." Meissa's voice gained some sort of different texture to it, a gentle one unfamiliar to most of the crew. "I made some cool friends. You were right, the Nekos are some damn good fighters. I also met someone that I love. He's right here, and his name is Mat."

Mat blushed profusely. "Uhh, hi Mr. Nashira, I'm Mat."

Meissa patted Mat on the head. "He's kind of shy. But you were right, being in the military was great."

She got up from the altar. "I hope you're watching over mom, wherever she is. But as it stands, you had to move on, didn't you? I just wish that you could have had a few more years." Years that he wasn't given, Meissa mentally added on. Years that could have been spent well. A hint of contempt crossed her mind that quickly faded.

"I wonder if it's right of me to hide like this, dad..." she whispered, as she hugged Mat. "I guess I'll find out once Yoshida arrives. She became a friend of mine during service. You know how it is, dad. I don't want to be treated differently just because you're dead or whatever. You wanted me to try and live as well as I could...I hope I'm doing it well. You named me this name, so I could shine for someone else."

Mat teared up even more.

"How do you... How can you deal with this. Aren't you lonely?"

"I don't know, Mat. I don't know." Meissa choked, hugging Mat back. "It's been...cold."

Mat hugged Meissa tightly to his body, wishing that his embrace could somehow shield her from the hurts of the world.

"I'm... I'm here for you."

"That's why I love you, Mat." Meissa whispered back. Mat could feel a small spot of wetness on his shoulder.

"Please... Don't cry..." Mat said, his voice desperate.

"It's a little late for that, isn't it?" Meissa answered as her arms held Mat a little tighter.

Mat pushed back a little, holding Meissa at arms length.

"Will this make you stop?" He said, before he took a deep breath and kissed her.

She leaned into the kiss with Mat, savoring every moment of it. The house seemed to grow warmer by a few degrees. The fluorescent lights seemed to grow stronger. The sounds of children playing in the streets became faintly audible.

Mat opened his mouth a little to allow himself some air, inadvertantly opening it up for exploration.

Meissa took her chance, after her lover took a breath in, to kiss him even deeper. Her cheeks glistened with wetness as her tongue stroked gently across Mat's.

Mat shuddered for a moment before responding in kind, allowing his to coil around Meissa's.

She let her tongue go soft, allowing the sweet taste of her mouth to be tasted by Mat. She held the hug even closer as she felt the gentle strokes of her love's tongue across her own.

Mat pulled away. "I-I'm sorry, was that too sudden? I don't really know what got into me." He said as he looked at the ground, his cheeks burning.

Meissa only went back to hug him, her head nuzzling into the crook of his shoulder. "It's fine, Mat. Just you beside me this time makes everything better."

"I'm glad. I'm glad that I can make that much of a difference in anyone's life."

"We all try," Meissa whispered. "We all try."

"Do you want to stay here for a while?"

"I normally stay for a night every time I visit this house. Besides, we have a micro apartment funded by the military. We'll go there after tomorrow I guess." Meissa stroked Mat's body. She was warm.

"Then I'll stay here, with you for now."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back