• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Kaiyō Post-Mission Five: Shopping Date!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Immortal Cyan

The Cyan Neko
Yamatai
Downtown Kyoto
11日 4月 YE 39
0830 Hours

Deio Asuka had been feeling a bit less like her normal self than she usually did since being on the bridge when Eden had been killed. The now-Shosa hadn't really reached out to her recently to remind her she was still the same old Eden she had known before the Mishhu attack. And, so, Asuka was a little downtrodden as she made her way to Hanna's location in the beauty store, though she couldn't exactly put a finger on why.

Hanna decided to stay in place so as to make it easier for Asuka to locate her within the beauty store. She decided to type a quick reply to the Shosa's message while waiting.

Shosa Teien Eden,

Thank you for the opportunity to let me contribute to your wedding! I hope that you have a grand celebration with your betrothed. Also, I greatly anticipate the presence of Deio Asuka. Thank you for your assistance in this endeavor!

Signed, Santo Hei Hanna Madsen

Asuka looked around the store, getting onto her tippy toes for a moment before floating up into the air. She smiled faintly as she saw Hanna and curled into herself a little bit before landing back on the ground and sprinting over to where Hanna was. She sprung into the air and landed in front of Hanna. If there was one thing Asuka was good at, and there was more than one thing, it was hiding her feelings.

Meanwhile, Eden got Hanna's message, but was currently being pecked on the cheek by Misaki and chose to reply with a simple message amounting to a, "You're welcome. Thank you."

Hanna looked up from her communicator as she finished typing her message to the Shosa, after seeing a faint movement within the periphery of her vision. In spite of her slight annoyance at being interrupted from her shopping spree, Hanna decided to be friendly today, especially since Asuka would help her pay for some of the products she planned to buy for the captain.

Hanna mustered her most genuine smile, and said, "Good morning! Are you here to help me shop for the Eden!" "I hope you like makeup!", Hanna added with a demure flick of her hair.

"I find the pursuit of beauty to be an artform in itself," Asuka said, nodding her head slowly. "Speaking of, I love your white blouse, cute!" Asuka's eyes had falen to all of Hanna's outfit and then said, "I am more than happy to help, but I feel like you know a lot more than me when it comes to this, though!"

Had her skin been paler, Hanna would have given a visible blush at Asuka's comment. Hanna touched her blouse nervously and said, "Thank you so much! This is the first time I've worn it since I didn't want to go through the trouble of keeping it clean!"

With that, Hanna angled her body towards the aisles, but still facing Asuka, she said, "Ok so we are going to do a few things today. First we are going to buy foundation, concealer, highlighter, and any other products we might need for Eden. We have to pay special attention to the shades! As a general rule, the contour product we buy should be two shades darker than Eden's skin tone, the highlight product should be two shades lighter than Eden's skin tone, and the foundation and any other powders should match."

"Okay, so it's a little like math?" Asuka asked.

"Yep! But it's also more...versatile because you could use one type of product to accomplish something different than what is advertised on the label. For example, you can use a concealer to serve as an undereye highlight or a contour if you're brave enough!", Hanna said eagerly.

"Oh my gosh I never thought there could be so much to it, to be honest! I thought it started at lipstick and maybe ended with eye shadow, but the way you're describing it, there's about ten more steps before that, fifteen if you're confident. It's like the more you're able to do, the more you can accomplish, though. Which makes sense to me," Asuka said as she looked around the aisles. "So we should get those things first, then go on to eye shadow and lipstick, or are we going to do some alternative to those two things I don't know about" Asuka was a little out of her element and grasping at straws.

Hanna was never a woman with much empathy, but Asuka's innocent tone was tugging on her heartstrings, and Hanna decided to slow down for her sake.

"Well", Hanna said, "I'll tell you what you can do. Since you're closer to Eden's skin tone, I think that you might know which lipstick and eye shadow shades to pick out for her. I can deal with the preliminary steps. Does that sound palatable to you?"

Asuka's face brightened and she nodded and her red hair fell and rose on her back and in front of her shoulders where it sat as she did.

"I would be okay with that. With getting to choose for her. But I will need your... Direction, still. I know that much!" Asuka said ecstatically.

"Ok so...let's start with the lip shades then! I think we will get two shades, one will be for a more neutral look and the other for a high-glam look!", Hanna said enthusiatically. "So, I think that a rich red shade will work great for a dramatic look and a light pink will work as a more neutral look for her. As for the eye shadow, I think brown or bluish colors might work."

"Let's give her those shades of lip color, for sure!" Asuka said, enthused, then went on to ask, "Do you think brown or blue? Or both? I think either or!" She picked up two shades of pink lipstick and a basket, deliberating between the two colors before picking the more sakura-colored one rather than the pink rose-colored one. Asuka then said, "For the neutral look."

"Oh for the eyeshadow, we're probably just going to get a palette with both colors and some others in it! As for the lipstick, let's get both colors. We don't know whether Eden will want a more dramatic or a more neutral look for her wedding." Hanna looked through a few palettes as they went down the aisles, taking extra care to let Asuka have a look at the colors. She finally chose one with a light blue shade, brownish colors, and many potential transition shades that would work well for Eden's skin tone.

"What do you think of this one?", Hanna asked?

"I think it looks like just what we need!" Asuka said. "By the by, what did you get for yourself today? I'm sure I could buy it for you and Eden would spot me, just so you know!" Asuka winked at Hanna as she said the last part of her statement. She liked treating people well and she liked helping Hanna out with her hobby in whatever way she could. She likely wouldn't ask Eden for the money; the Captain had enough to pay for with this wedding, she didn't need to do so for anything else. Besides, Asuka was looking forward to seeing Hanna showing off her makeup soon, too!

"Oh, thanks for the offer! I grabbed some foundation, lip gloss, and concealer before you arrived. I think that we should finish buying stuff for the Captain before we deal with me though. Her special day is coming up!"

With Asuka's approval, Hanna placed the palette and the two lip colors in her basket. Next up, was the foundation, concealer, contour products, mascara, blush, eyeliner, and the brow products. No longer annoyed at Asuka's presence, Hanna motioned the Neko over with a smile, while taking a quick detour to grab some black eyeliner, a dark brown brow kit, and stick of mascara. In fact, she was beginning to enjoy having her here, as she remembered the subtle wink Asuka gave her.

"Brows?" Asuka said, reading the packaging. "What do you need to do to your brows?" Asuka herself had very pale, red eyebrows over her blue eyes and had never done much to them. She was intrigued by this new development in their makeup shopping escapade.

"Oh um, well it takes a bit of practice, but one can shape them with any type of brow product by drawing hair-like strokes or by tweezing parts of the brow. For example, I like to have a really high arch and a neat circumference so I use concealer and brow products to shape and define them! I can probably work with the captain to see what she wants done to her brows, if anything." Once again, Hanna motioned Asuka over. She picked up a nano-matching foundation, a concealer, and a contour kit. She then went to pick up a pale pink blush.

"Ok, I think we're done here! After we check out, we're going to go to a 3D printer and get a model of the Shosa's face so that we can practice! It's kind of creepy, but...it's for the greater good!", Hanna said with a nervous laugh.

"It's probably the only way I'm going to get to be around the captain, as of late..." Asuka muttered. Then, realizing she was casting a cloud over their conversation, she shook it off and said, "Not creepy at all! Well, maybe a little. But I'm willing to look past it!" She brought the basket to the counter, paid, and then turned to Hanna, asking, "Where are we going to get a 3D printed model? I know of some places in the city that do that sort of thing, but I've never been to one."

"I'm sure there are plenty of places within the city that do it, we just need one that can replicate the texture and feel of real skin," Hanna said as they gathered their bags and stepped out of the beauty store. Outside, the Kyoto crowds were orderly and efficient. Hanna and Asuka jumped into an open space and began to head towards Real Skin 3D Design.

"Hanna, I can't wait to see you do Eden's makeup on the wedding day! Can I watch? I don't know if I'll be skilled enough to learn anything from you today, but I hope I will and then I'll be able to do more intricate makeup on myself for the wedding!" Asuka said jubilantly. "Only if you're okay with me watching, that is."

"Oh yeah you can watch if you want to! Do you mind working as an assistant in some capacity? Like cleaning brushes, holding mirrors, you know that kind of thing.", Hanna said as they continued walking.

Asuka made a soft, "Oooh," sound and nodded her head. "I can do that! I can definitely do that sort of thing. Is this it? It seems like the right place!" Asuka said, pointing to Real Skin 3D Design's signage. "Let's go in!"

"This is the right place!", said Hanna. As the two Nekos entered, they were blasted by the strong air conditioning. The store had many displays, set up inside, which included full body mannequins, busts, and diverse anatomical models of Nekovalkryja, Minkan, Separa'shan, and Kodians. While most displays had no touching signs, a few busts near the entrance were marked off for potential patrons to touch. Hanna touched one of the representations of a female Minkan by the entrance, the models soft and supple skin realistically reacting to her touch. Perfect, thought Hanna smiling as she felt the skin.

"Feel this!", said Hanna to Asuka.

"Ah—Alright!" Asuka said giddily, placing her hand on the figure's cheek and then brought it down, smoothly, towards the neck. "I didn't expect it to be so... Real!"

"I think it might be perfect for applying makeup! Let's go to the counter and show them the facial scan of the captain. I hope it's not too expensive," said Hanna.

"Oh, I hope so, too!" Asuka said as they walked up to the counter. Asuka explained what they wanted and the total wasn't too much of a steal, but Asuka was happy to pay for her new friend's endeavor to help her old one.

"Let's get started!" Asuka said as the sales clerk led them to a station where atom by atom, the face of Teien Eden was being duplicated. "It would be fun to prank Saki with this one day!" Asuka said as the face was reconstructed. "I bet Eden would be down to do it!"

Hanna laughed at Asuka's comments, "I don't know how Saki would take that especially after that last mission, but we could certainly prank someone else!", said Hanna with a wink.

"Oh," Asuka said, looking down and away at first before Hanna made mention of pranking someone else with a duplicate Eden. "But first!" Asuka proclaimed, "We must make her up with the makeup!" She held the bag aloft, then brought it down in front of Hanna for her to choose from the assortment of goodies they had gotten.

"Ohh, I really like the shade of this bright red lipstick! I think it might work on you as well!", said Hanna. As they spoke, the sales associate was taking the model out of the chamber and wrapping it with a sealed plastic wrap. She then placed it into a box and handed it to the two Neko.

"That's it. Thank you for visiting Real Skin 3D Design! Have a good day ladies!", said the sales associate. Asuka put the bust in her bag and trotted out of the store, reaching to hold Hanna's hand as they did.

Seeing Asuka's hand reach for hers, Hanna self-consciously wiped her right hand on her jeggings, hoping to wipe off any sweat. With that done, Hanna took Asuka's extended hand.

"I don't have a roommate yet..." Asuka said to Hanna as they walked in line with the rest of the traffic along the walkway of Downtown Kyoto. "It would make sense to be roommates so as to not bother someone else with doing Eden's— Er, Pretend Eden's makeup. What do you say?"

"I think that sounds like a great idea! In retrospect, I guess it was kind of rude of me to walk away from the group when Eden told us to find a roommate. I would love to be your roommate Asuka.", Hanna said, her voice taking on a high-pitched nervousness.

"You had places to go!" Asuka said, waving her free hand in the air in front of her. "That aside, I think it's hard to be rude outside of the confines of when you're supposed to be professional. Sure, you need to be perfectly attuned to what you're supposed to do when you're on duty, but off duty? It's a different story altogether! What do you think about the regulations of the Star Army? Do they mesh well with your personality or wants in life?"

"Hmm, the regulations are little less liberal with makeup than I would want them to be. If they'd let me I would have a glitter cut crease everyday, even if it does take a long time to apply! See, all nekovalkryja are naturally beautiful, but we're not naturally all that different from each other. I think makeup, art, and music helps build individuality, which is something that many of the more...purist Nekovalkryja need. What do you think?"

"Wow... I think I want to know what a glitter cut crease is now!" Asuka said while her red eyebrows shot upwards on her face. "I've never thought that deeply about it before. You're very helpful in making me think a little more profoundly about such things!"

"Ohh well...it's rather complex to be honest! It's not necessarily a beginner technique but...I can show you something easier!", Hanna offered. The day was winding down as they walked, the sun setting in the east toward the river. The city crowds also seemed to be dispersing, although people were coming from outside the city to enjoy the night life.

"I think it will be fun to find out more from you about it," Asuka said, enjoying her time with Hanna Madsen and not really wanting it to end.

As night fell, the two Nekovalkyrja arrived at their designated apartment. As she opened the door for Asuka, Hanna smiled at her and glanced out towards the city. She would miss the hustle of Kyoto, but she was glad to be home with Asuka and anticipated building a relationship with her.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back