• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP: YSS Kaiyō Post-Mission Nine: Bonsais Surprise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miko

🎖️ Game Master
YSS Kaiyo
Observation Deck

Mikodimus heard a delicate rhythm as he approached the observation deck, the distinct and yet subtle snip of tr`immers gently flooding the large room. As Miko walked onto the observation deck his eyes opened wide. By the window stood a girl, wings glowed purple from the star lit background. A single tear ran down his face as he looked at Sora. His heart remembered Hanna, that fateful n`ight on the observation deck. He did not cry due to missing her. This tear was from the sheer overwhelming feeling of having been blessed by another so kind. His angel, who tried to save Hanna sto`od before him in all her glory, gently trimming one of the multiple bonsai trees. This is not your burden to carry alone, He thought to himself as a smile once again crossed his face and he took a confident step forward into the unknown.

After a moment, the valkylrie turned on the spot, her stange, burning eyes softening as the recognized the face of Mikodimus. Clad in a simple tan-and-red yukata, Sora smiled as she set the tool down on the counter behind her. "Hey, Miko!" Her voice called out to him from the resounding silence.

"Hey Sora, funny chance running into you again. Come here often?" Miko said trying to hide the fact he was given inside information from Eden. Before coming to the observation deck, Miko had changed into normal off hour clothes. Was a simple white t-shirt and black pants.

"Yeah, actually! It's quite relaxing up here as well. Do you come around here often? Some people seem to avoid it like crazy!" Arinori laughed a couple of times, leaning back just a bit to rest her rump on the fixed surface behind her; her feathers were pushed forward a little as her folder wings made way for her. "I can't say I've seen you up here all too often."

"Yeah, busy and for awhile didn't even know this place existed. Think this is only the second time here in fact." He said while looking over Sora. He wasn't sure if it was the fact she had on a yukata or the stars behind her but his heart would not stop fluttering. "I don't think I have seen you in that type of outfit before. It suits you pretty well." Miko said with a giggle.

"Oh? Thank you!" The woman smiled cheerfully and straightened up again, towering over him just slightly from her body's height alone. "I brought a couple of them along from home, and sometimes I wear one around when I'm feeling like it. They're a bit difficult to get on and off still, but I don't mind." She paused for a moment, hesitating as if to say something, and then closed her lips again silently.

"Nice, I am sure they all look very nice on you. And if you need a few pointers on how to tie it up, that kind of looks like my apron ties so maybe can give a hand." As the words left his now open mouth his face got a little red at what he just implied.

The angel chuckled as she spoke, "I thank you for the offer, though I think I've gotten the hang of tying it up by now." Swards as her pale stepping forward gingerly, she smiled again, looking upwards as her pale hand lazily floated to her side. Stopping barely half a meter away, she looked back to Mikodimus, her eyes twinkling beautifully.

Oh my, he thought to himself as he smiled at her. He put his hand on his side doing a mirror image of her. "Thats good, can't have it coming untied after all. Between the beautiful backdrop and an angel foreground, I don't got enough blood in this body to handle a nose bleed caused by a wardrobe malfunction." He said with a cheesy grin on his face. "This might sound corny but I am completely fascinated by your eyes." Miko leans in closer to her doing his best to look into them. "And I just noticed they have a hint of red in them too. Seems I continue to learn new secrets about you." Miko had a sly grin on his face as he leaned back away from her.

The angel laughed at Miko's little wardrobe joke, imagining what a scene it would be- the man shouting and being flung backwards like if he was punched in the face, landing on his back, completely stunned. Just like an anime! The little fleks of red within her irises seemed to glow like supergiant stars as she did, before she said, "Thank you, Miko."

Miko just smiled as her as she thanked him. "So I kind of just invited myself here, mind if I stick around? Curious to see what it is you do when your here in your fancy dress." Miko had placed his hands behind his back rocking back and forth a little. This emphasized his manly chest.

The royal-winged woman smiled again, stepping to be next to Mikodimus, her folded wings behind them both. "Well, I think you already saw when you came in, heheh. Trimming the bonsais under the stars is, well... It's not an experience you can really get anywhere else."

"Yeah, I was super distracted when I first got here. My eyes caught this really pretty girl with amazing wings. Maybe you have seen her? She is taller than me, wearing a yukata, tan and red. Has purple wings..." He grinned while he took his hip and bumped up against her. "Have a good steady hand to trim a bonsai." As he spoke he reached over and lifted her hand with his.

Arinori giggled, letting her slender hand be lifted up. For an infantry soldier, one who wields a devastating minigun on top of that, the skin of her hand was unusually soft to feel. It squeezed his tightly as she spoke, "Oh? Well, what would you like to talk to her about?"

The young cook's hand was soft yet rough in places. As her hand squeezed his, she felt how solid it was. "Well, just have the desire to spend time with her. Mission was pretty rough, can change a person. I have mainly watched her from afar but she has such a pleasent aura about her. Hate to see that go away." While this was spoke Miko in turn squeezed her hand. "Now just between you and me...I can't help but like her too. Little unexpected to say the least." The words danced off his lips, true and sincere as he held her hand in his.

"Oh?" Sora's words joined Miko's in this dance, the traditionally-dressed woman smiling invitingly. "Well, I've heard she likes you too, heheh." Enjoying the closeness, the Arinori squeezed Mikodimus's hand again and swayed just a bit in his direction, leaning against him with her surprisingly low weight.

"You don't say, well then." He reached up with his other hand and rubbed his chin. "I hear she likes to trim bonsais in her free time. Care to show me so I can impress her the next time I meet her?" He asked with a tender look in his eyes.

The woman both people were talking about laughed again, playfully bumping Miko on the hip like he did to her. She squeezed his hand once more before letting go, turning to face him - they were incredibly close to each other all of a sudden, their faces inches apart. Her word wound around him, "Oh?"

Miko's heart started to race again. "Sora, you're making it very hard to stay on task here." As he spoke he moved in closer to her and rested his head against hers. He had every desire to kiss her but was trying not to rush either.

"Hmmm? And what is the task, exactly?" The enchanting woman teasingly bumped Miko's nose with her own.

He had resisted as long as he could. The blood used for his thinking drained as his desire took control. He reached up and around her head and pulled her in for a kiss. He had to stand on his tip toes to fully lock lips with her but was worth all the effort. It was a short kiss, but a kiss none the less.

The angel hummed a bit in surprised as suddenly Mikodimus brought his lips to her own, her eyes widening for a moment before he pulled away, teasing her with that brief moment of contact. She blushed a little, the red of her eyes bleeding warmly into her cheeks, saying, "Miko... I love you..."

As the words I love you sank into his being a calming sensation covered his being. Since the mission he had been more bitter and on edge. The toll was high and blame on himself even higher. The scar was still fresh but the healing had begun. A moment of passion had set in motion a new fate.

His reply was not one of words but of action. He dipped her backwards and moved in for another kiss. This was not a light peck but a full on passionate kiss. His free hand running up the back of her neck and running his fingers through her hair. The warmth of her kiss filled him with joy. The soft touch filled him with love. His mind was a mesh of emotions and conflicts. The urge to be guarded but the desire to love.

As they held each other the backdrop was that out of a fairy tale. Outside the observation deck the star and nebula filled sky reached as far as they eye could see. The swirling space dust seemed to dance as the embrace went on like two souls becoming one under the stary lit sky. The red tint flames of her eyes burned into his soul igniting a spark which the darkness of depression tried to extinguish. From a distance, looking at the couple as they kissed, wings of the nebula sprouted from Miko, reaching across the heavens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back