• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Kaiyō Post-Mission Six: Captain's Wisdom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethereal

Banned Member
Captain's Suite

Eden walked into her suite and sat down in the chair, waiting for Mochi to come to her. They had just been towed by the IYS Kaiyō and she had a great many thoughts going through her head. She wanted to hear his, though, as her science advisor.

Mochi rubbed his head a couple of times as he tried to properly clear his head. He never spilled anything in the lab. Wait, no that's not technically- Nevermind! Before he knew it, Seinosuke was before the door to Eden's suite. He knocked a few times and entered as soon as the queue was given. The Juni still had no idea really what had happened since he'd been out but it was fairly likely Eden would have some reaction to his absence.

"I would like to know what you think of what you know so far and what you would like to know," Eden told the Juni.

"It would help if I knew what had happened so far.. erm.." Mochi chuckled nervously. "I may have had a small incident at the lab earlier.."

"What exactly happened?" Eden asked, eyebrows going up on her forehead.

"I may have poisoned myself to near-death." the flame-winged birb put it bluntly. "Sort of an occupational hazard." While that was technically true it was his own fault for being too used to the Minkan's toxin defences. Now? That wasn't exactly an option. "I heard something about another ship?"

"There is another ship, a look-alike to us. I wanted to know your thoughts but it seems you may be a little... Under the weather. Let's revisit this conversation later, perhaps?"

An attack, as he had expected. "If you think that best, Shosa. My mind may not be clear enough for strategy but I'm sure I can handle whatever we know so far." He couldn't work on anything without data and his head seemed to have lost the rather strange, deep throbbing sensation that had given an overtone to his thoughts up till now.

Eden nodded and said, "I will see to it that you get all of the information on the events preceding this moment in time. Your datapad, Seinosuke-juni?" Eden said, extending her hand.

The fire-winged Elysian took several short steps forwards from where be stood, retrieving the sleek pad as he did so. With a nod of gratitude he carefully passed it to Eden.

She took her memories of the past hour and added them to his datapad and handed it back to him, "Enjoy, Juni. Say, what are your intentioned with Arbitrated Shan-hei?"

As Mochi accepted the shining device, his cheeks became rosy with embarrassment. "I- Well.. I like her. I really like her. She understands me better than anyone I've met. Helped me confront things I though I never could.." the blonde replied, a little flustered.

"That is good. Hold onto her and treat her as precious as she is to you, then," Eden said, thinking of her own marriage and what it would be like for Mochi to experience the same.

"May I ask why you asked?" he inquired nervously, feathers rustling a little as he realised he may have been too upfront. "You won't tell her.. will you?" the scientist looked down to the floor and rubbed the back it his head.

Eden laughed aloud, her serious demeanor shed for a moment, and she smiled wide as she looked at Mochi.

"I ask because I care about you both," Eden then replied. "As much as I would like to serve the Empress and nobody else, I have a wife. A child, now. I have things that are there to remind me of just how important it is to..." she looked at Mochi with strained golden eyes as she went on. "To love."

Mochi couldn't help but grin back to Eden, realising she'd once stood in his shoes so to speak. If anyone could empathise with what he was feeling it would be her. His jade eyes met her golden and a silent understanding passed between them. "I.. It's hard though, I've never had a family so.." he began, then trailed off as he tried to explain. "Feelings these powerful are.. unfamiliar. Sometimes I don't know how to act." he added finally, hoping he wasn't overstepping his station.

"They are powerful, unfamiliar, and very, very... good." Eden said with a soft smile, "I want you to do everything your heart tells you to do, even if your mind and body are scared of your heart's feelings."

The experience in her words rang true, "I've always focused on my mind, maybe it's time to dive into something new." He grinned like a fool, he never realised he could talk to anyone about these things before. "I'll do as you say, Eden-shosa." his eyes shining with new light. "Thank you so much for the advice." His wings ruffled happily as he processed what she had said.

"I would like to hear your progress once you have an update to make," Eden said to Mochi as uncrossed her legs and she stood. She asked, "Would you like to follow me out?"

The science officer shook his head a few times, "I'll show myself out, I need to get to work as soon as possible." he smiled, glad they'd had this heart-to-heart. With a salute and an about-turn, he made his way out of the well-furnished room.

A small smile tugged on Eden's lips as they left and she made a mental note to talk to Arbitrated Shan, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back