• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Kaiyō Post-Mission Thirteen: Heckin Feelz

Jack Pine

Kaiyo II

Mark paced back and forth as he waited for Nerai. He had to tell her, had to let her know. He made a promise he wouldn't leave her in the dark anymore. And he didn't want to be found dead one day, without her knowing it might happen.

The hallways of the docked Kaiyo echoed with Nerai's shuffling tail, slithering her way over to Mark's room. He wasn't the type to ask someone over to his room out of the blue like that, so something was up. with a few quick knocks, Nerai called into the room through the closed door. "Mark? I'm here!"

Shit! Time for anxiety. He said, "enter" causing the door to slide open. He tried to give a smile as she came in. "Hey babe. I kinda need to talk to you about something. You may want to sit.", he said mostly without nervousness.

"Sit? well, alright then." From his demeanor she couldnt pick up a whole lot. From what she could tell there was a hint of nervousness about him, but nothing exceptional looking. "Though if you are making me curious.... what is it?" She said, letting her scaly lower body prop itself down on the side of his bed.

He sat down on the other side of the bed, goddess how was he supposed to tell her. "You remember I told you Orias is still in my head? There's....been a problem from that. I only recently noticed the signs and what was going on."

Watching him sit down beside her, she watched him carefully as he started speaking. The very second that damned name crossed his lips, Nerai's eye would twitch slightly without her even knowing. That was all she needed to know this wasn't just your average uneasy talk. "Only recently....." She shuffled a bit closer, 100% focussed on Mark and Mark alone. "What kind of...'problem'?"

"Neural degradation. My mind is slowly being eaten away. I was spaced out for an hour staring at a wall yesterday and never knew it until I was slapped back into focus. My hands shake at random. It's getting worse and worse, and I..almost had the cure back at the festival.", the room is quiet, the sound of drips as tear drop to the floor can be heard before he continues, "I'm...dying."

Nothing in her life could've prepared her for those words. Her sudden shift from curious suspicion went to downright disbelief, not wanting to believe his words just now. Nevertheless, the emotion behind his words, his acts... they spoke nothing but the truth. The truth so cold and hard, Nerai couldn't help but feel her heart ache up from that chill running up her spine.

"Mark...i..." Struggling to gather up some semblance of a sentence, she immediately leaned herself against him, already wrapping both arms tightly around her dearest. What was she to do now.

"I'm sorry..So So sorry. I never wanted this to happen. I never wanted to hurt you. I love you, and I don't want it to end.", Mark said wrapping his own arms around her.

A muffled sniffle was heard as Nerai nuzzled the poor man's neck, clinging more and more to him. Her tail shifted around steadily, reaching around the two to hug them together even closer. "..i...i know dear.... it's not your fault...... none of this is even the slightest bit your fault.....please know that, at least...."

"I will not give up. Not yet. I won't stop until I find a way. Until then I'll keep on fighting." He said trying to keep a steady voice, and as much as he wanted to believe his own words. He knew permanent death was a possibility, oh how they took their technological immortality for granted.

The relentless embrace didn't let up for even a second, neither of them wanting to let go. With another sniffle and a slightly quivery voice, nerai asked.* "Just earlier... you mentioned something about a cure at the festival right?.....w-what was that about...?" One of her hands fond it's way upwards, starting to gently brush his short coupe of hair.

"Just before the festival is when I first started feeling off. I sent a message ahead to be checked up on. I sent them the data from diagnostics, and a description of the signs I had noticed. They sent back the results I feared, but they had an answer. The problem is the equipment wouldn't be difficult to get, but S6 is the only ones who know the Geist. I needed a AI core, and a chair rigged as a Medium for the transfer. After we left is when things began to get much worse," Mark said as he still held her, "My brothers have the answer. I need to get to them."

Mark didn't want to leave her hold, he wanted to keep her in his. Was this life? One tragedy after another? He had lost so many, and this time it was possible of happening again, but this time he was the one to die......No. He was not going to die! He was going to fight to live, and survive like every time before.

"I see.....so the geist is a key component here... though after that ordeal during the festival it will be hard to get back there, right? I wasn't there so i can only guess from what others have said..." Having heard all that, about the possibility of putting an end to this, it still gave Nerai that sparkle of hope that stopped her from truely crying here. Whatever needed to be done, she would get it done to the best of her ability. "So.......how do we get to them?"

"Unless I can get the captain to clear a trip there, nothing short of going AWOL."

"Hmm, i think for something as serious as this, the cap will surely clear a trip for that hun, even if i have to wring it out of her........in a proverbial sense of course." Nerai mused, trying to sound reassuring, but probably coming off more silly than anything.

"I'll talk to Hoshi about it, don't fret your heavy head about that, hmmkay?" With a gentle ruffle, she gave Mark a quick but strong peck on his cheek, still holding him tight.

"Thank you. Having you with me means so much to me. Next I have to tell my sister and daughter. I don't look forward to it."

"Want me to come with, Mark?" Knowing that even just her presence put him at ease somewhat, she would be more than happy to help out any way she could. "Might make it a bit easier..."

"I would like to tackle that one alone. It will be rather hard for them and I don't know how they would feel about a audience. I'll be making things hard enough on them. Knowing I have the woman I love, makes it a task I have the strength to do," Mark said, honestly not sure how bad they would react. He knew it would not be good.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back