• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Kaiyō Post Mission Thirteen: When it Fades

Jack Pine

Kaiyo

Mark sat in the bunk room waiting, dreading what he had.to tell his own.sister and daughter.

Chlorate entered the bunk room, already looking worried. She could sense over her connection to Mark that he was experiencing fear, but she didn't know what of.

Kikios walked into the bunk room, confused. Unlike Chlorate, she had no idea what to expect Mark was going to say.

"Girls I need you to.sit down, we....Have to talk.",Mark said gravely.

"Why? What's wrong?" Kiki asked, sitting down.

"A...ffirmative..." Chlorate said, sitting.

"Something...has come up recently. And I realized it too late. I thought everything would be fixed at the festival, but then we had to leave.", he said putting his hands to his head.

"Uh... What? The festival...?" Kiki asked.

"Too late?" Chlorate beeped worriedly.

"I don't know how else to say this.....but I'm dying. I still have Orias in my head and she's slowly eating away my mind. That means ST won't save me. I've already started to see signs. Shaky hands and I had to be smacked after staring at a wall for an hour.", Mark said letting that hang as he rested his head in his hands.

Chlorate immediately clunked to the ground on her knees upon hearing "I'm dying". "How... who... Orias..." she asked, so upset that she was starting to glitch.

"W... What? D-... Dying?! Who's Orias?!" Kiki asked, reaching back and grasping one of her feathers.

"She's the reason I'm like I am now. The whole arm and eye was because she's the demon who possessed my in ayanee. She's lost her power, but she's still in my head. I didn't want to drop this on ya, but I wanted you to be prepared. There is a cure, but getting it will be hard.", he explained further.

Kiki buried her face in her palms, unsure of how to react. She had only gotten another family recently, was she going to lost it again so soon? "What is the cure?" she asked, muffled by her hands.

Chlorate stood up, the corners of her eyes were already sparking due to her need to cry yet having a lack of tear ducts. "I must find the cure," she stated. It looked kind of creepy, because Chlorate's head was twitching to match the pattern of her sparking eyes. She seemed to wince, at least a little, every time they sparked too.

"I.need to find someone who knows Geists, has a tech medium for a data transfer, and a AI core. All of which S6 had.", Mark said sighing, why had things happened so.

Kikios looked up. "Well... I'm fairly certain you can get an AI core and something to be a tech medium in Yamatai... But the Geist- didn't you say there's only 6 of them?" Kiki asked, trying to remain optimistic.

Despite her attempts to keep herself together (And at this point, that might've been literal, who knows), Chlorate was visibly glitching and experiencing a huge amount of emotional pain. "I... need... to... s-s-glitch-save you f-father..." Chlorate said while standing, mechanical gears audibly grinding loudly inside of her.

"That may be but the Geist isn't standard tech and it's designed to not let anyone not authorized in it. I need someone from S6 who has an access key to get into its systems. My two other me's run S6. Getting to help was never a issue.", Mark cried as he said. Damnit Damnit Damnit.

"We need to... How do we go back to Section 6?" Kiki asked, running her hand along one of her white feathers.

Chlorate clanked in Mark's direction and reached out to hug him, with her eyes still sparking. She fell into a kneeling position before she reached him, drooping her head as her gearing clacked loudly inside of her.

Mark picked up the little Android.and hugged her, "I love you chlorate."

He held her for a.minute, "S6 is back on 694. We can't go back.unless the captain clears a trip back."

Chlorate weakly hugged back, holding onto him, silent aside from her machinery at work.

Kiki grasped her feather for a second, standing there. "So... How do we go about doing this? How do we get Chusa Hoshi to clear a trip back?" Kiki asked.

"I don't know, and I'm not sure how I can. The higher ups will probably deny one, so if we do it will be a less than friendly visit. But that doesn't we can't think of something.", Mark said holder his beloved daughter, proud out how far she had developed as a person in they're time together. He gestured for kiki to join.

Kiki sighed and walked over, joining in the hug. She went to wrap her wing around Chlorate, but flinched, startled by the cold because she almost forgot the robot was made of metal.

"We'll get through this. I haven't given up yet. It's good to know I have you both to give me strength," Mark said as he tightened the hug.

Showers of sparks hit Kikios and Mark from Chlorate's eyes that were trying to cry. They had no affect on Mark and Kikios, luckily, but they weren't making Chlorate's day any better.

Kikios hugged Mark and Chlorate tighter. She felt compelled to personally go to Hoshi right this second to tell her that they needed to go to 188604 because her brother's life quite literally depended on it.

Mark gave them both a gentle kiss on the head, "I love you both. I've survived a lot in my lifetime, this will just be another to add to the list."

"Yeah... I hope so..." Kiki said.

"How long... do we have?" Chlorate asked, sparking.

Mark was hesitant to answer, "That's uncertain currently. But anywhere from 1 month to 3."

"One to three months..." Kiki responded, nodding her head in a sort of way that wasn't happy about it but found the odds workable. "I think... that's got to be plenty of time... right?"

"Calculating p-probability of f-favorable outcome..." Chlorate stuttered, trying to figure out how likely it was Mark would survive.

Mark had his doubts, but he would keep those to himself, "I'm sure there will be a plan before then, we just have to hope."

"Let's... make one now..." Kiki suggested.

"That would require the captain's oversight. We're enlisted personnel, not much we can do on our own without clearance. The only step we could include, is to talk to her, and see where that goes.", Mark said hating to admit how limited their options were.

"Alright, so... why don't we do that?" Kiki asked.

"I'll ask for a meeting."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back