• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP: YSS Kaiyō Post-Mission Three: Chibi Neko Reporting In!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ametheliana

Head in the Stars
Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
YSS Kaiyō
Bridge
9日 2月 YE 39
0730 Hours

Eden stood on the bridge, hands behind her back and concentration half focused on the screens in front of her. She was thinking deeply about what seemed like a hundred things at once, one of which was that she had asked the medic that had recently been one of the people to transfer to the Kaiyo from the squadron leader's ship, the YSS Storm.

Sitting with her legs dangling off the command desk was the miniature Nekovalkyrja dressed in her 35B uniform. Kimidori had arrived ten minutes late, but seemed oblivious to the error. With a huge smile on her face and her hands sitting in her lap, she would look over at Eden with a quizzical look in her eyes.

"So..."

"Thank you for coming," Eden said to the medic. "Now, I don't know how Chusa Nohara Clover ran her ship, but I have exceeding confidence in her ability to manage the Storm and her away team to the utmost of levels. Did you accompany any of the away teams since we left Yamatai, Santo Hei?"

It seemed as if the captain was already beginning to lose the green haired girl's attention. Kimi's eyes would have a glazed over look and her fingers seemed to be tapping something out on her knees. At the mention of Santo Hei, however, she would snap back to attention. "Umm... uh..." She tried to think of what the question was. "No, I've been staying on the ship for the most part. Cleaning and doing physicals before and after missions are the main bullk of my work." A pause. "Do you guys have any dogs?"

A bit quizically, Eden asked, "Would you like it if we can have them on board? There are Star Army regulations in place that prohibit pets on board a vessel, though, as you're aware."

"Well, I was thinking that if I got a big big dog..." She stretched her arms out wide. "I could get a mount and ride him around the ship! Or I could teach him to get stuff from the top shelf for me." Never mind the fact that she could float to get it herself. "Anyways, what was I saying? Oh, yeah, I also helped out with some surgeries, especially if they needed a tiny incision."

A small chuckle escaped Eden's lips before she said, "I can imagine that being precisely what you are suited for. Well, on my ship I send out everyone on missions. You'll be with the away team. Does that suit you?"

She tapped her finger on her chin, as if deep in thought. "I've always wanted to go see the world... so, yes! Maybe I can even get a dog- with wings!" Kimi giggled to herself. "Although I'd have to figure out a way to sneak him on without the cap-" Beat. "Oh, um, never mind."

"Yes, yes," Eden said, averting her eyes from the diminutive Neko to contain her need to laugh out at what Kimi was saying. With that, she asked, "Does the nickname Kimi suit you just fine?"

She nodded. "Yup, that's what most people call me! Kim works but it sounds too... official. And my full name takes a while to say." Her hands floated to her hair, playing with a strand. "Do people call you Edie?"

Taken off-guard by the nickname she had never heard before, Eden tilted her head a bit, then a smile spouted on her face. You may call me Taii Edie, if you so choose. If it catches on I'll have you to thank for it. It's cute. For now, I want you to get to know the rest of the crew, test out a few shoulders for riding around on, eat crumbs as if they're full meals, that sort of thing."

"Okay!" She giggled once again. Though her attention was truly starting to wane, she was intrigued by one particular thing. "Are there any shoulders you would recommend?"

Eden's mind instantly went to the XO and her smile widened, then she visibly shook her head and put her face in her hand.

"I wouldn't know who you fit on best, Kimi. You'll have to see for yourself," Eden told her.

"Hmm..." Kimi tried to think of those she knew on the crew, but her mind ended up blank. "Okay! Is there anything else I need to know, Taii Edie?"

Eden's golden eyes sparkled at the nickname and she shook her head, black hair splayed about her hips as she did.

Eden told her after a moment's thought, "Get acquainted with the med bay today with Santo Hei Endo Hatsuyo during the Kaiyo's required cleaning period."

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back