• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Kaiyō Post-Mission Three: Itadakimasu!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ametheliana

Head in the Stars
Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
YSS Kaiyō
Wardroom
9日 2月 YE 39
1200 Hours

At the head of the wardroom stood Taii Teien Eden and Ketsurui Aiko, the princess of Yamatai. They remained impassive as the wardroom filled for the daily meeting, this one of which was a little more important to the two than the others that week had been.

Eden relayed to everyone adjourned in the wardroom, which was most of the crew save for those especially needed at their stations, her plans for the future by nodding tersely. The hinomaru behind her moved to be replaced by a schematic of a planet they had recently come upon.

Those on the bridge during its moment of discovery the night before would recognize the planet as the one Eden had shouted that night, "That one! That one we shall claim for the daughter of Yui and the Empress' kin, herself!"

"If you will notice from the statistical information—" Eden said as she brought the stats to the foreground of the volumetric screen in the wardroom. She went on, "There are no signs of power being used on this planet. No weapons, no transmitters, no comms, no ships with power signatures that are online. We have scanned the air and it is breathable. As such, we are sending down an away team as soon as possible. Those that are medics, infantry, weapons operators, technicians, the like will all be going down to uncover any technologies benign to our sensors and collect samples."

Telling those that were gathered in the wardroom what would unfold, she said more. "We have no reason to think you will be in danger and, thus, are sending you down without power armor tomorrow. Mochi, our wonderful science advisor and one of the highest ranking officials aboard the ship will lead the away team. The other three ships in the squadron will disembark on other parts of the planet, with the same goal in mind; find enemy installations and technologies."

Eden continued on, asking the rhetorical question, "Who believes in themselves enough to take this obstacle on and claim this territory as one for the Star Army of Yamatai!?"

Strangely enough, the starship's weapons operator was the first person to step forward. "Exploring a new planet that probably isn't trying to kill us, plus breaking up the monotony of staying on the ship for the past few weeks? I'm in!" The cherry-winged angel had given both her commanding officer and her romantic choice a wide and pleasant smile, and even gave her roommate some emotional warmth as well.

Meissa was pleasantly...taken aback by the forwardness. Then again, possibly nothing that would kill a person, possibly nothing too dangerous...curiosity left everything to the world. "I'll come in case something goes black hole-bound and we need to shoot things." Meissa replied.

Anastasia listened to the interesting news quietly, her damaged right wing wrapped in medical bandages around the midsection. Excitement started to build in the technicians chest as she sat a little forward, looking at the Taii. A mission she could find some real comfort in. "A ground landing??" She took a moment to get over the fact that she stated the obvious, then continued. "Would we be using any... vehicles?

Misaki stood next to Eden, only now actually speaking or even seeming like she was there, "That will depend on what we find after reconnaissance has been completed and we know a rough estimate of what the enemy will throw at us. In all likelyhood, our Power armor should be enough compared to any vehicles we might be carrying." She nodded to Eden and putting both of her hands in front of her, putting on a brave face and stance that hid her usual shyness. It was a little obvious she was beginning to warm up to the crew.

Anastasia's heart sank at the fact that vehicles we're not likely going to be a part of the mission. She'd been having an itch to work on something heavier, something more free than a suit of power armor. But, she still had those to fix up from the last firefight, and there was plenty of work to do. She would just have to make do with the armor landing.

Yoshida sat grinning, as she heard this immensely interesting news. It may not be quite as exciting as a combat mission but one could argue something like this was more important. A whole new territory to claim and explore, with an entirely breathable environment! This was something that needed to be done... But Yoshida paused and thought. "I'm up for this any day! but... Do we have any survival experts?"

William quietly slipped into the wardroom after cleaning PAs with Princess Aiko and moved to the very back of the room leaning against the wall. He crossed his arms and wore his usual blank expression as he watched the briefing continue. A ground assault huh? I wonder if the Princess will get sent out too... he thought to himself as he watched on.

"Another question, actually." Meissa spoke, remembering something about weapons. "What do we have that isn't Aether? Most of our choice weapons won't work on the ground. I know we like our Gatling Rifles and Aether Beams." While talking, she mentally logged the fact she should probably pick up something like a grenade launcher in exchange for her Aether Beam. Wasn't as destructive, sadly.

"Well, without power armor, you will have to take the smaller weapons. Though they are still weapons manufactured and used by the Star Army of Yamatai, so they have stopping power for whatever you should face." Misaki looked to Eden to make sure she had actually said things right, and being a starship Neko, ground combat wasn't her forte.

"Okay, I know we should be prepared for anything but," the smol angel stepped forward a little bit as she glanced between everybody present, "you guys are acting like we're preparing to invade some L'kor planet..."

"That's right," Eden said, looking specifically at Saki. "Both of you are," she added, raising her head to look at Arbitrated Shan.

Eden began to rattle off names of weapons after she had closed her eyes and propped her elbow on her waist as her hand pointed at the ceiling, saying, "You may use a survival knife type 22, Neko service pistol type 33, SiZi Model 38 special duty revolver, GP-12 phased pulse rifle, type 33 rifle, or type 28 submachine gun." She opened her eyes and squinted, looking for the mini Neko, and said, "For Kimi, a Type 35 Nekovalkyrja mini laser will likely do the trick!"

"Have we the ability to take more than one option?" Arb knew enough about survival to recognize the criticality of a knife, even if it had been designed around combat. But a ranged weapon allowed some decent measure of self-defense should there be some unsavory encounters...

Anastasia nodded as the Taii listed off the list of acceptable armaments. She was happy her favorite SMG was on the list. She wasn't sure how much danger they'd be in, but if they came across any, she would be prepared.

"Yes, Arb Shan," Eden replied. "You may take one or two different weapon choices beyond your NSP. Any more than that and you will be loaded down. Remember your type 33 service pistol is always at your waist, no matter the situation save for sleeping. So, you'll have that one your person, plus one or two others."

Meissa made a mental note to pick up her Type 33 Rifle and her SiZi. And a belt. More ammunition never hurt.

Orion had been standing there, without saying a word, mostly just thinking about the last mission, what he remembered about his family, Anast- ahem, just, random stuff. After hearing Eden's 'speech' and all, he was quick to ask, "What would be the best location for like, sniping?" said the antisocial blue winged Elysian.

"We'll be able to know more once we get onto the ground, Orion. What I do know is that I believe in your ability above all else. That goes for all of you!" Eden told the group. "I have the utmost of faith in all of your abilities and know you will succeed fully and completely at what you are tasked with. You are a part of the Star Army of Yamatai, after all!"

Aiko had remained silent in her place beside Taii Eden as the captain briefed the crew on their upcoming mission. Other than the fact she was an imperial princess, the tall red-eyed Neko didn't have any business standing in a place of such respect. She was just the ship's diplomatic officer as far as any official records were concerned. But Aiko didn't question Eden's decision to have her there—she represented the Yamatai Star Empire itself, after all.

"My samurai and her assistant will accompany the away team and be my eyes and ears down there," Aiko said determinately, breaking her silence at last. She wasn't quite ordering Eden to have them along, but didn't leave any room for her superior officer to question the request. "Though you have decided I cannot join the exploratory mission due to whatever risks are involved, I will have a firsthand account from my trusted retainers."

William had been quietly watching everyone and half paying attention until Aiko spoke. wait what... he thought, stunned. A lump of pure fear bubbled up in his throat and he had to swallow hard to force it away. His face remained stoic, but his stomach was cutting flips.

William took a step forward and away from the wall. He stopped and bowed deeply in Aiko's direction. "I...if m'lady wishes it, so shall it be done..." he said forcing confidence he didn't have.

Laying on a table was the green mini Neko, her arms crossed behind her head. Kimidori was staring off into space, literally, with her eyes focused on the only window of the ship. I wish I had one of these in my room... She thought to herself. I wonder what a star tastes like. Despite the meeting being more important than daydreams, she had decided to involve herself in the latter. The conversations about vehicles and weapons would be ignored, with only an outright attempt at getting her attention being able to snap her out of it.

After somehow arriving on schedule, even after leading Misaki through the Cargo Bay box by box, Mitsuko was sipping tea from her favorite mug while listening to the captain's briefing. Followed by the crew's various questions and suggestions. "...I am not an expert, but I have received some measure of survival training. With a focus on cold weather situations and other harsh environments." She tried to make her answer to Yoshida's question nonchalant, not wanting to attract any extra attention. With the informaion Taii Eden had access to, she knew the reason she'd sought out this extra training, and how Murakami was again attempting to downplay her experience.

"William is still a student. Not a soldier. He should really be back at school...or, at worst, remain on board to safely continue his studies in peace." She shook her head. "An unexplored alien planet is no place for him, really." Mitsuko took another sip from her "#1 Logistics Officer" mug, eyes sharply glaring at Aiko through her tinted glasses. Once she'd learned that the princess they were taking on board was not *that* princess, her anxiety over that particular subject had substantially decreased. Although even Misaki had easily startled and upset her, apparently she had seen worse sorts of princesses in her time.

William looked over at his former instructor. "I can do it Mitsuko-Sama... I can." He said looking at her, mustering all the confidence he could and channeling it into a rare half smile. "I'll be okay. You and the other teachers were training me for this exact moment." He said softly.

Leaning back against her preferred conversation wall, the little Shan took another look around the room. Of all the people who should be here, Seino's gone off again... He better not have locked himself in the lab again... She chuckled at the thought. He's a good, trustworthy individual, but Mochi does sometimes get himself distracted by the silliest things. Seems to be the main reason that tracking him down can take longer than expected...

"When do we deploy, then?" Meissa asked. This could go well. Kind of. Probably.

"Tomorrow at the crack of dawn," Eden told Meissa.

William turned and faced the Captain. "I will be ready Taii Eden... Just say the word." he said bowing to her, not as low as he did for the Princess but still with a great amount of respect.

He then turned to the rest of the Away Team. " I look forward to working with you all... I won't be a hindrance... I will prove my worth." He said with faux determination.

He needed to speak to Rei about this development. He looked around the room for his mother. If there was anyone he could confide his fear in, it would be her. At least he was deploying with Rei as well.

Mitsuko knew that if a threat arose that Rei could not handle, the rest of the away team were likely out of luck. However, just because the Taii, officers and samurai did not seem too concerned, that didn't mean there was nothing to be worried about. Especially for a habitual worrier. "Yes...and do you remember why your training ended so abruptly?" She placed her mug on the table, retrieving the datapad she'd had earlier to distract herself with a task more easily managed.

William quietly turned back to Mitsuko, his face still remaining blank yet there was a spark of recognition in his eyes. He shuddered inwardly. "I remember... but this is different." He replied softly.

"He will go if that is what is requested of him," Teien Eden said sternly. "Thank you for your concern, it is noted and will be important in discerning what sort of role he will play in this mission. Now, we have some new recruits from other ships in the squadron. Please introduce yourselves."

Riku stood up from the chair he sat in the background; his crisp blue uniform, pants, and cap he wore all indications of him being a new recruit freshly assigned to the YSS Kaiyo. Raising his right arm, he snapped a brisk and smooth salute towards the Captain of the ship.

"Kawazoe Santo Hei, reporting now for duty and roster assignment, Taii-dono."

"We will have you going down to the planet," Taii Teien Eden said and addressed Riku with a bright and excited face. "I am happy to have you aboard the Kaiyō!"

"Understood." Riku responded simply, the salute dropping as he sat back down and awaited the dismissal of the current briefing.

Sitting at the corner of the Wardroom table along with the daydreaming Kimi was another newcomer, a Neko of teal skin and... nearly fluorescent orange hair, puffed at the front. She stood suddenly after Riku finished, pressing down on her bright blue medical uniform. "Endo Hatsuyo, at your service!" Endo took an energetic bow, before returning to normal, her floofy spikes of hair flopping on top of her head. "I transferred from the YSS Storm yesterday!I was told you all didn't have enough people to keep you all from bleeding out."

On the other side of the room, Anastasia shuddered a little bit. She already had an encounter with the new medics.

"We are happy to have you with us. Everyone could use a good stifling of blood loss on missions!" Eden said to Endo, "I'm sure you will be perfectly suited to the job. You will be going with the away team tomorrow, as will always be your role, along with Santo Hei Kimi, as medics."

The timid XO standing next to Eden smiled to the both of the newcomers, staying quiet before loking back to the volumetrics idly in thought.

At least they'll try, Meissa thought. At least they'll try. Not that the others were incompetent, because she'd be lying. Just that an extra hand is an extra gun on the field. Especially Nekos, Nekos were great.

It was at this moment that a rather sharp looking Mochi briskly made his way into the meeting room, appearing noticeably more well-dressed than he usually would. The Juni looked to have exchanged his usual well-worn labcoat for a more proper set of Warrant Officer's dress. If only he'd been there a little earlier. Removing his blue-trimmed cap and stowing it safely under his arm, he halted just before Eden, blonde hair settling down. "I ran a little over with calibrating my sampling instruments." After a moment, the jade-eyed scientist stepped up beside and a pace behind their Taii; ready for any questions anyone may have and murmuring about zeroing errors.

"Mochi, everyone," Eden said to the group. "He will be running this expedition. Any questions you have for him, be sure to ask them now." Eden then sat down in the chair next to the screen that showed the planetary information and crossed her legs, looked to Saki, smiled a little brighter, then looked back to the crowd of the crew members. They had a very full ship, indeed. Having so many extra sets of hands on the planet would be good for the mission success, no doubt.

Misaki looked back to Eden and beamed in response. She made a few steps before ending up standing next to her before going back to comfortable idleness.

Eden looked to Misaki and grasped the XO's shoulder in hers gently and used that as a way to telapthically and in an encryped message ask her, "Do you want to tell them? Or should I?"

"'Sup, Mochi." Meissa waved at him.

Misaki winked to Eden and responded in encrypted telepathy as well, "You do it, I'd just stammer."

"I will, when it is time," Eden replied to her over encrypted telepathy.

"Hiiiii Mochi!" The tiny Elysian gave what could best be described as a comical wave towards both Seinosuke and Eden, being careful to not accidentally smack somebody in the process.

"So," Eden said to the group. "No questions for Mochi? Though you have all done an exemplary job of saying hello, I might add."

Mochi cast his gaze sheepishly around the room, unused to this much attention from his comrades. He waved hastily back at Messia and Arbs, a grin slowly spreading across his face as he did - then after a few seconds the Doctor composed himself. "Yup, so I'm heading up the exploration. Should be interesting and who knows we might find something really cool." The blonde didn't know what else to say, it was his first time properly addressing everyone despite his rank and position as Science Officer.

Having heard her name, Kimi's ears would twitch and she would snap to attention. "Huh? What's going on now?" Her green eyes blankly blinked at the mass of people around her before she turned to look at the orange haired Neko. "Umm... what were they talking about?" She whispered.

"If that is all for questions at this time..." Eden said, trailing off. She then looked to Saki with a smile, then back at the crew. "Misaki and I will be getting married. What's more, Saki is..." Eden trailed off again, then stood up straighter and looked to Saki again before grabbing her hand and raising Saki to a standing position with her. Eden said, "I want you all to be careful with your XO from now on, as Saki is now carrying a child, as well. That is all."

Misaki was prepared for the marriage announcement, but the second part caught her off guard a little. She went a little red and gave a shy and awkward smile but couldn't speak.

"Hey, she did it." Meissa quipped.

Riku stood from his chair and, looking around, raised his hands and began to lightly clap. A small smile on his face as he gave an applause of congratulations to the newly-betrothed. He was confused at the sudden revelation .. but it was a good confused as he hoped one day his own siblings would be privy to such an impromptu ceremony.

The little Shan joined in the clapping, and even whooped a few times for good measure. She still wasn't entirely sure how the heck nekos could get each other pregnant but it seems to work anyways.

At the announcement of the two officers joy, Endo stood up from the back corner again, giving congratulations at a volume fairly higher than necessary. Anastasia, mildly confused, joined in with quiet clapping and a smile.

Mochi beamed and joined in the clapping best he could while keeping a tight grip on his hat, it wouldn't do for it to smack into the floor in this joyous moment.

William looked back over to the CO and XO, a look of confusion briefly playing across his face. But it was soon replaced with a soft smile and he began clapping as Well, nodding to the newly engaged couple.

Eden looked to Saki, pride in her eyes with a little bit of tearful joy. She smiled and the dewiness of her eyes subsided as she looked to her blushing betrothed.

"Thank you, everyone," Eden told the crew. "I hope you will join us for the wedding, though it will be a few months before we can have a proper one on Yamatai. Saki has requested the Empress be invited," Eden said and stifled a giggle quite poorly. "Which I would love above all else, but just having the crew around for it is more than enough to make the both of us happy. Now, please enjoy your lunch and have the rest of the day off. We will do no training exercises today in order to relax before the mission tomorrow. Thank you so much for the congratulations, my fellow crew members. You have certainly made this a moment to remember."

"For Meissa Nashira, Arbitrated Shan, Deio Asuka, Yoshida Kokoro, Reina Madoka, Leeta Aoi, Muyomi Peio...Promotion to Ittô Hei!" Eden said ecstatically, though a little less enthused as she had been when delivering her other announcements. "For Ito Arnbjorg, Matsuvo Shinomori, Anastasia Barlow, and Orion Jones, promotion to Nitô Hei! To Mitsuko Murakami, the combat lifesaver award and promotion to Santô Juni! To all of the above, the combat and service award!"

Eden then nodded her head to the crew and led Saki over to the buffet trays where two large lasagnas with extra cheese, pounds of beef, and mushrooms sat waiting for them. Quite an odd meal for a Yamataian vessel, but the cooks had to take the day off and the burden of making the meal had seemed to fall on a few crew members that were less than well-versed in typical cuisine. She scooped the lasagna onto two plates and got some fresh spinach salad from a bowl and picked up some waters for the two of them.

"Go ahead and eat," Eden called to her crew.

"They did it." Meissa whispered to herself. It was pretty cool that Mitsuko got her promotion to Warrant Officer, and her buddies all got those shiny promotions. "I did it." Because Itto Hei was hella fresh and shiny. She could feel her badassery increase. Wait, no, that's just adrenaline from excitement.

His nose had not betrayed him after all. When he first stepped into the wardroom, Riku did catch a whiff of cheese and meat, and thought it was a strange combination of scents to have. Normally a small feast such as this would have attracted his attention and appetite, but he'd already eaten prior to shipping out. Though he did have some space for a little liquid refreshments -- or perhaps not, as Riku quickly thought better and sat back down in his chair.

Mochi's ears pricked up at the mention of noms - often his work distracted him from eating until late at night. Almost succumbing to the urge to lick his lips, Sein followed the crowd as they dove towards the buffet but made sure to stop by Arble before anything else. "Hey, fancy grabbing a bite? I could murder some lasagna." the blonde grinned cheekily, having replaced his cap to its proper place while sliding on over.

Already pilfering sone of said lesagna from its heated short-term storage unit, the smol chuckled in that adorable way many have gotten accostumed to. "Is this a date, hmm? I gu-"

Meissa tried to catch her roommate as fast as she could. "Hey, Arbs." she whispered. "Double date chance."

"HEY MAT!" she yelled. "YOU WANNA SIT WITH ME?"

"-Guess it is a date!" Slplitting her lips open in a glorious smile Arb-Arb finished filling her plate with what is probably too much food again, sidestepping out of the line while turning around to face her partner, height difference still pretty much comiclly adorable.

William sighed now that the others had moved off to go eat. The revelation of his first combat engagement had suddenly made him lose his appetite. He moved over and grabbed a cup of tea and moved to an unoccupied table and sat. He stared into the cup for awhile before sipping it, savoring the heat as it burned his throat.

Orion had pretty much been idle all of this time, except for the minor clapping he had done with the others. He was just staring at the floor, in one of the rooms corners, thinking, like always, just thinking. The anti social Elysian just carried on looking at the floor, his deep purple eyes staring into nothingness.

The rest ate with joy and at peace, happy to be with one another and in good company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back